Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, but am I allowed to still be annoyed? Also, he could have been signed before starting of Copa, could he not?
It's ridiculous to be annoyed at a lack of transfer development over our targets who are all at the euros or Copa :lol:

Also we had big FFP constraints until the end of June so that was never on. So it's been 1 week, where these main players we are after (De ligt, zirkzee, Ugarte are all focusing on their national teams for the knockout rounds. The only thing that matters is these transfers are sorted in time for when they would return from their normally scheduled vacation post tournament. So that's like 2-3 weeks from when they get eliminated or win that you have to complete the signing with it making literally 0 difference in terms of training and prep.

It's ridiculous to be annoyed at a lack of transfer development over our targets who are all at the euros or Copa :lol:

Also we had big FFP constraints until the end of June so that was never on. So it's been 1 week, where these main players we are after (De ligt, zirkzee, Ugarte are all focusing on their national teams for the knockout rounds. The only thing that matters is these transfers are sorted in time for when they would return from their normally scheduled vacation post tournament. So that's like 2-3 weeks from when they get eliminated or win that you have to complete the signing with it making literally 0 difference in terms of training and prep.
True.

The one downside is that it puts big pressure on us actually getting those targets when we finally can. As if we wait all that time and then end up having to move on to other targets, then it probably does start to make a difference in terms of training and prep for the season by the time we eventually get other alternatives in.

But so long as it is just concluding the deals for the likes of De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee then we should get them done in acceptable time.

Yawn

I may have been excited if we signed him in June. Just tired of bullshit now. We are still not clinical. Sign or move on, feck this back-n-forth crap
We couldn't sign anyone in June because of our financial situation, stop whinging over nothing.

True.

The one downside is that it puts big pressure on us actually getting those targets when we finally can. As if we wait all that time and then end up having to move on to other targets, then it probably does start to make a difference in terms of training and prep for the season by the time we eventually get other alternatives in.

But so long as it is just concluding the deals for the likes of De Ligt, Ugarte, Zirkzee then we should get them done in acceptable time.
I feel like they're safe targets. All 3 of them have clear roles for us (starting RCB, starting ball winning mid, squad player CF). De Ligt has good relationship with Ten Hag and Bayern are signing a CB to replace as they want to lower their wage bill and he can fetch a decent fee, so that's a comfortable one where I don't see him going anywhere else. Ugarte is at PSG and Luis Enrique doesn't want him, while here he fits like a glove for our needs. Again, a no brainer. The other supposedly interested club was Bayern, but they're signing Palhinha so we don't have to worry there. Then for Zirkzee, he has a release clause so the price won't change and it's just about wages and the role we offer him.

We of course need more than 3 signings, but the only other signings after those 3 that I can see happening are little things like Amrabat at a low cost and then a cheaper squad player CB.

Bossed it today. What a guy. Make it happen and move on to De Ligt.

we would be foolish to not buy this kid but his price tag will have to risen after these matches

we would be foolish to not buy this kid but his price tag will have to risen after these matches
Risen to what though?
I think the price that has been talked about is 40mil quid.
I watched the whole game and I would not say that it was a performance that warranted more than that or even if that.
Most of the game was just niggly fouls and just start stop.

He'll get red cards in the league for what Rice and Rodri won't even get booked for. I can see it already.

The Casemiro treatment
Exactly, let's just hope because he's not as high profile as Casemiro, he'll get off easier. He's going to have to be a lot more street smart too, I'm sure Lisandro will show him the ropes.

Suppose what you mean. We’ve already moved on four in Martial, Forsun, Williams and Fernandez. Not sure if that is the calibre of players the poster meant though.
Fair. Quieter departures that didn't involve a transfer. I guess that number is starting to add up.

Think he’s been one of the best midfielders at the tournament. Every game he’s got over a 7 rating.

its not in our interest to see him lift a Copa

ok, but am I allowed to still be annoyed? Also, he could have been signed before starting of Copa, could he not?
How many transfers have been concluded so far this Summer?

Any news on this. What is the transfer fee ? Hope we get it done soon. Watched the Brazil game impressed by what I have seen.

Last edited:
He must be really good defensively. Helped Uruguay to 3 clean sheets in a row. 2 against USA and Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.