Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not a troll. Zirkzee is comfortable drifting to the left-wing and coming deep and has the ability to link up play. He's a versatile forward.

If Martinez gets a knock we're back to Lindelof.

People forgetting Mainoo is a teenager and the best teams in the league are able to rotate players during the campaign unless you want to burn out an 18 year old before Christmas.
Yamal is 16 yet playing an integral role in the Spanish team. Guess my point is if you don’t trust a teenager to play to his fullest you won’t get the rewards. I fully trust Mainoo to be in the starting line up. You starting to sound like Hansen “can’t win with kids” comment

Garnacho, Mainoo and Martinez replaced with that line up... three of the most liked players in our squad. Also the three players that usally never lets us down performance wise... you're in for a bad day here with that line up :lol:

Last edited:
Onana over Mainoo. Yeah…..okay. I can’t even be bothered with all the other problems because that one is crazy enough to pretty much discount your opinion on anything.
Couldn't give a feck if you discounted my opinion :lol:

Just don't reply.

Is this a troll? Zirkzee right wing, Martinez on the bench and the craziest idea of all. Mainoo not starting????
As much as the team he put out being crazy the one not so crazy part is Zirkzee on the wing. If you have watched him play its not the craziest idea in the world.

As much as the team he put out being crazy the one not so crazy part is Zirkzee on the wing. If you have watched him play its not the craziest idea in the world.
He's played winger and occasionally as a wing back as well. But my maint post was to illustrate my dream signings. Its not a reflection of what I want the starting 11 to be. Also there's player rotation to bare in mind.

But anyhow, I'll not post here because it seems im looney toons for offering my opinion.

Couldn't give a feck if you discounted my opinion :lol:

Just don't reply.
If you don’t want people to reply then don’t post. It’s a forum where opinions get challenged. If you don’t like posters discount your opinion then keep them in your head only because if you post them you would get replies. That’s how forums work.

Is this one actually happening? It's weird this year, it's like we've taken the teasing a bid stage to new levels.

My dream summer acquisitions.

That's a rock solid midfield base

--- Dalot --- De Ligt ---- Branthwaite ---- Shaw ---

------------------- Ugarte ----- Onana -----------------------

------- Zirkzee -------- Bruno --------- Rashford ------

---------------------------- Hojlund ------------------------------

200-250m to make us worse and bench our three most exciting players, fecking hell:lol:

If you don’t want people to reply then don’t post. It’s a forum where opinions get challenged. If you don’t like posters discount your opinion then keep them in your head only because if you post them you would get replies. That’s how forums work.
Yeah then challenge my opinion without sounding like a d1ck. Many times i want to post on this forum but people always reply in such negative ways with laugh emojies and whatnot. Its like a fecking kindergarted in here sometimes.
I'm on other forums and this is never an issue.
The reply i posted was out of frustration and just being pissed off. I've been supporting this team since the early 1980s and I find myself not actively posting on here because people of how the replies go. Many a times in the past I've walked back my opinions because they get slagged off.
Just sick of it.

Yeah then challenge my opinion without sounding like a d1ck. Many times i want to post on this forum but people always reply in such negative ways with laugh emojies and whatnot. Its like a fecking kindergarted in here sometimes.
The reply i posted was out of frustration and just being pissed off. I've been supporting this team since the early 1980s and I find myself not actively posting on here because people of how the replies go. Many a times in the past I've walked back my opinions because they get slagged off.
Just sick of it.
No one is forcing you to post here. If you think Redcafe is a shit place and a low quality forum then don’t post. Listen to your own advice rather than moaning and whinging about posters disagreeing with your posts. It’s ironical when you say this place is like a kindergarten when you are behaving like a petulant child yourself.

It's not the fact that he can or can't play on the wing that's the issue. it's the fact we are buying him to compete for the central spot yet dude has him starting on the right ahead of Garnacho and Amad.

Just sick of it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He's played winger and occasionally as a wing back as well. But my maint post was to illustrate my dream signings. Its not a reflection of what I want the starting 11 to be. Also there's player rotation to bare in mind.

But anyhow, I'll not post here because it seems im looney toons for offering my opinion.

then why post a starting 11 then :lol:

Zirkzee is a striker in the mould of Sheringham or current Kane who drops into the 10 role and links play, he is NOT a right winger in any way at all.

Martinez is twice the player Branthwaite (who’s also horrifically overpriced) is and has probably been the best player in Copa America so far and Onana is just a beast physically and basically a hipster McTominay, without Mainoo we’d lack any kind of composure.

Where are three of our best players? Surely Martinez starts over Brantwaithe, Garnacho over Zirkzee and Mainoo replaces either Ugarte or Onana.

It's not the fact that he can or can't play on the wing that's the issue. it's the fact we are buying him to compete for the central spot yet dude has him starting on the right ahead of Garnacho and Amad.
I have no idea if we are buying him for the central spot of not to be perfectly honest

I have no idea if we are buying him for the central spot of not to be perfectly honest
We are, Martial left. We need more than one striker.

We do have the option of lining them up differently.

We are, Martial left. We need more than one striker.

We do have the option of lining them up differently.
We were also looking at versatile forwards with Sancho and Greenwood also leaving. So I have no idea. Its likely but also his goal tally does not scream central option

Zirkzee is no RW, mainoo and Martinez are first teamers

Yamal is 16 yet playing an integral role in the Spanish team. Guess my point is if you don’t trust a teenager to play to his fullest you won’t get the rewards. I fully trust Mainoo to be in the starting line up. You starting to sound like Hansen “can’t win with kids” comment
Hansen was kind of right with that comment. Sure United proved him wrong but that was an exception to the rule. I think we had 6 under 23's in the squad and won. But the average is 2.5. How many young players do City and Real have in their first team? 2 for Real in Bellingham and Camavinga and 1 or City in Gvardiol? And those players arn't 18/19. Not saying Mainoo is not good enough. Maybe it will work. But if he was at City he wouldn't be thrown in at the deep end. He will be looked after and gradually brought into the team. Like they did with Foden. Yamal should be treated like this as well. He shouldnt be a first teamer already but just given games till he's ready. Its only United fans who think we can win with a team full of 18 year olds

No not a troll. Zirkzee is comfortable drifting to the left-wing and coming deep and has the ability to link up play. He's a versatile forward.

If Martinez gets a knock we're back to Lindelof.

People forgetting Mainoo is a teenager and the best teams in the league are able to rotate players during the campaign unless you want to burn out an 18 year old before Christmas.

Mainoo needs to be carefully handled else his career will end early just like Rooney and Owen. However that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a first teamer. Young Ronaldo was a first teamer with us but Fletcher would constantly come in and give him a breather.

Mainoo needs to be carefully handled else his career will end early just like Rooney and Owen. However that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a first teamer. Young Ronaldo was a first teamer with us but Fletcher would constantly come in and give him a breather.

Correct. People who want Mainoo starting every game and to basically exhaust him at this moment in his career, quite simply, are idiots.

Correct. People who want Mainoo starting every game and to basically exhaust him at this moment in his career, quite simply, are idiots.

He might start a game but not end it. Alternatively he might skip every 1 out of 2-3 games. It's good for the body and tend to keep the ego in check. That's something United had failed to do with the likes of rashy and Greenwood

He might start a game but not end it. Alternatively he might skip every 1 out of 2-3 games. It's good for the body and tend to keep the ego in check. That's something United had failed to do with the likes of rashy and Greenwood
Agree with this, and not sure Eriksen is good enough anymore to be his credible alternative. But wouldn’t surprise me if we can’t fit in a Mainoo alternative this summer when we have so much to fix.

Agree with this, and not sure Eriksen is good enough anymore to be his credible alternative. But wouldn’t surprise me if we can’t fit in a Mainoo alternative this summer when we have so much to fix.

A month ago I would have fully agreed with you. However ugarte change things. The guy is a beast in terms of work rate. Then we are adding zirkzee who loves dropping deep and help out. Finally one has to remember the emergence of yet another gem from the academy the 20 yr old terrier Toby Collyer

Could ugarte and zirkzee add mileage to Eriksen? Could ugarte play alongside mount and Bruno? Its difficult to say but I think that against weaker opposition they could especially if Collyer can come in and lend a hand if things get tough

Just sick of it.

It was a pretty laughable line-up. You'll be fine.

A month ago I would have fully agreed with you. However ugarte change things. The guy is a beast in terms of work rate. Then we are adding zirkzee who loves dropping deep and help out. Finally one has to remember the emergence of yet another gem from the academy the 20 yr old terrier Toby Collyer

Could ugarte and zirkzee add mileage to Eriksen? Could ugarte play alongside mount and Bruno? Its difficult to say but I think that against weaker opposition they could especially if Collyer can come in and lend a hand if things get tough

I was taking the post seriously until this part. He looks sub par at the level hes playing at with Devaney and McAllister much better bets as deep midfielders

Interesting! Never heard of Collyer so that’s exciting! Maybe you have a good point then and signing a Ugarte can help Eriksen.

I was taking the post seriously until this part. He looks sub par at the level hes playing at with Devaney and McAllister much better bets as deep midfielders

Fair enough. I don't follow the academy as much as I love to but I heard very good things about him. Maybe they are wrong

What about the rest? Do you agree with it? I am not excluding Eriksen leaving and us signing a second cm (especially if mcT leaves as well). However I can see us squeezing another year out of him if surrounded with the right players and he be is playing against the right opposition

Just sick of it.
Stop having bad opinions then.

Apparently it's the hardest place to play in the world on a Wednesday night when raining.

Was listening to a podcast with Tony Pulis and apparently it was SAF who gave him the idea of becoming a team hard to beat at home with strong aggressive players.

Hansen was kind of right with that comment. Sure United proved him wrong but that was an exception to the rule. I think we had 6 under 23's in the squad and won. But the average is 2.5. How many young players do City and Real have in their first team? 2 for Real in Bellingham and Camavinga and 1 or City in Gvardiol? And those players arn't 18/19. Not saying Mainoo is not good enough. Maybe it will work. But if he was at City he wouldn't be thrown in at the deep end. He will be looked after and gradually brought into the team. Like they did with Foden. Yamal should be treated like this as well. He shouldnt be a first teamer already but just given games till he's ready. Its only United fans who think we can win with a team full of 18 year olds

I think it was Gary Nev who said it recently.

We look at the Hansen kids comment but never look at the spine UTD had.

If it wasn't for the spine of "seniors" we wouldn't have won it just with the kids.

That's in my words as I understood what GNev was saying. But for me it's hard to argue that we had a spine of seniors and damn good ones who helped and guided the "kids".

It's what's been missing recently. A good spine of leaders and seniors who help new signings and youngsters.

Fair enough. I don't follow the academy as much as I love to but I heard very good things about him. Maybe they are wrong

What about the rest? Do you agree with it? I am not excluding Eriksen leaving and us signing a second cm (especially if mcT leaves as well). However I can see us squeezing another year out of him if surrounded with the right players and he be is playing against the right opposition

I think he was highly rated in the 18s at Brighton, but at United he doesnt look particularly good at anything. Think he'll be one of our players going the championship or league 1 route.

Edit - Some games I've thought he's passing the ball around quite well, then he'll lose concentration and play a poor couple even though they are fairly easy passes. And I've seen a video of him at Brighton putting in some crunching tackles in the AWB mould, but then at United he's not that aggressive or particularly good at ball winning. So yeah he just looks like another young midfielder.

I think Eriksen has shown hes still good enough for Denmark, but thats as an AM. So I'm not against him staying as backup and rotation for Bruno's AM place.

But as a DM he doesnt do any of the defensive work needed. And I dont think we get enough out of his passing/long balls from that position that "cheating" and having an attacking player play in a defensive position helps us.

Depends what you mean by young. Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Camavinga are all 24 and under and they're buying younger players to fill the squad in Endrick, Guler, Yoro.

Yamal is just a freak, he is like Pedri in that regard and happens to be the best player on the park a lot of the time at 16. How can you not play your best player? Sure there are definitely potential long term problems from over playing, but I think most people are wiser these days to it and fatigue management is much more normal now. We've actually been commendable in that regard, considering the shite season we've had. We've regularly protected Mainoo, Hojlund and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.