Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we need 2 mids. A destroyer and a DLP. We need someone to dictate tempo from deep and control games. Also someone who can create from deep and spread passes out wide. Don’t fancy Bruno being our only creative player.

You do wonder if Erik actually wants a deep lying playmaker because doesn't seem to value a possession style of football

GRcIxtNb0AIP4el

Urgate starts. I expect an Uruguay victory.

My dream summer acquisitions.

That's a rock solid midfield base

--- Dalot --- De Ligt ---- Branthwaite ---- Shaw ---

------------------- Ugarte ----- Onana -----------------------

------- Zirkzee -------- Bruno --------- Rashford ------

---------------------------- Hojlund ------------------------------

Bit anonymous so far, I haven't seen him take a single touch

He's been immense and was everywhere in a good way. Easily one of the best players on the pitch for Uruguay. Top class positioning and has bailed them out with some good clearances. Doesn't look to have the passing range but as a DM he's been great tonight.

Did well overall and deserves at least a 7/10. Was all over 2/3rds of the pitch and played simple passes to start attacks. Good enough on the ball and was also able to use his body to draw fouls in sticky situations. Also made a goal-line clearance.

A big negative was a wayward pass in a dangerous area while under no pressure around the 75th minute that led to a dangerous counter-attack. It reminded me of Casemiro, even if it could have been due to fatigue.

Is this a troll? Zirkzee right wing, Martinez on the bench and the craziest idea of all. Mainoo not starting????

Onana over Mainoo. Yeah…..okay. I can’t even be bothered with all the other problems because that one is crazy enough to pretty much discount your opinion on anything.

Is this a troll? Zirkzee right wing, Martinez on the bench and the craziest idea of all. Mainoo not starting????
No not a troll. Zirkzee is comfortable drifting to the left-wing and coming deep and has the ability to link up play. He's a versatile forward.

If Martinez gets a knock we're back to Lindelof.

People forgetting Mainoo is a teenager and the best teams in the league are able to rotate players during the campaign unless you want to burn out an 18 year old before Christmas.

Zirkzee isn’t a RW. And I’d have Mainoo starting over Onana every day of the week. Same with Martinez over any of them 2 CB.

£250m spent and still shite. No balance, No creativity and no thought process behind this 11. Awful line up. Two defensive minded midfielders with limited ability on the ball. Zero creativity and low progression from the centre midfield. Zirkzee isn’t a RW. Martinez is far better than Branthwaite. Garnacho is better than Rashford.

Why are you dropping Martinez?

No not a troll. Zirkzee is comfortable drifting to the left-wing and coming deep and has the ability to link up play. He's a versatile forward.

If Martinez gets a knock we're back to Lindelof.

People forgetting Mainoo is a teenager and the best teams in the league are able to rotate players during the campaign unless you want to burn out an 18 year old before Christmas.

Mainoo will be a few months shy of 20 come Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.