Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't wait 4 or 5 games to play this guy, he's got to be thrown in after a week of training. We don't have the luxury to wait 5 games, we're already 3 points behind the top four clubs, only 2 games into the season.
He can't be any worse than Casemiro, we've no time to lose.

I'd say we simply play him when he's ready to be played. Jumping the gun and potentially getting him injured does nothing good for us. If he's ready next week, great. If it's in 3 weeks, so be it. We already have one of our new signings injured and out for months. See what the fitness coaches and medical team say.

We can't wait 4 or 5 games to play this guy, he's got to be thrown in after a week of training. We don't have the luxury to wait 5 games, we're already 3 points behind the top four clubs, only 2 games into the season.
He can't be any worse than Casemiro, we've no time to lose.
Would you rather he misses 1 maybe 2 games now or get injured and miss 4-6 weeks?

I'm starting to think that we won't announce it. He'll just turn up one day for a kick about with the rest of the lads. 'Oh so we did sign him then? Cool'. Like the time Scholes returned.

Yeah I fecking wonder why. Going for Mount instead of getting in a proper DM much earlier. He sounds really enthusiastic about the transfer, doesn’t he?

Yeah, I often wonder why ETH didn't immediately start trying to sign a CDM when he joined the club, and then spend every subsequent window trying to sign the same exact player.

You'd have thought he'd at least take a look at someone like, say, Frankie De Jong, given he'd managed him previously.

You would of thought...getting a new fax machine would have been in the end of season review!!!?

Ugarte is in limbo until they can get that bloody thing working...chop chop Ashworth!

How on earth do we miss out on the mid day deadline to be involved this weekend?! We had a deal agreed Tuesday night didn’t we!

How on earth do we miss out on the mid day deadline to be involved this weekend?! We had a deal agreed Tuesday night didn’t we!
Given that he hasn’t played since the Copa and hasn’t trained with the PSG first team during pre-season, the odds on him being involved on Sunday - even if he was registered on Tuesday - were precisely zero. It’ll be a few weeks before he’s ready to play.

The odds on several Caf posters having a meltdown over something that wasn’t going to happen anyway, as an excuse to have a good old crisis moan at the club, are exactly 100%.

Not a single one of those were successes, yikes.

If some of them weren't successful, it sure as hell wasn't because they were Uruguayan. Forlan and Cavani were successes at other big clubs and we probably got them either a bit too early or a bit too late in Cavani's case. Certainly no one thinks the La Liga version of Forlan wouldn't have been successful at United, nor the Napoli/PSG version of Cavani. Pellistri is still young and could develop into a much better player in the coming years. Ugarte is obviously a very good player with his best years ahead of him.

Yeah I fecking wonder why. Going for Mount instead of getting in a proper DM much earlier. He sounds really enthusiastic about the transfer, doesn’t he?
When I looked at the squad and saw we had a plethora of wingers and attacking midfielders, and just a knackered 32 year old and an injured 18 year old to play in defensive midfield, I naturally concluded I should spend all available funds on Mason Mount. Now the gremlins in charge are using “facts” and “data” to insist we buy this bloke that can tackle and defend, and he isn’t even from the Dutch league and I’ve never coached him before. I told Dan [Ashworth] that I don’t bother with midfielders anyway, so I didn’t need another one. In the beginning I said it was Frenkie or no-one, and I’m proving that I meant it. It’s no-one. In training I have a big circle of cones in the middle of the field and none of the players are allowed to go inside, only Ruud Van Nistelrooj, because I don’t trust him. He stands in the circle and shooes players away from it. I prefer players who run up front all the time anyway because that’s where the goal is you know. That’s why we are always trying to score lots and lots of goals because it’s what the fans want. Last year we scored 57 goals, which some of you in the media say is a record low number but if you look at the games you’ll see that everyone is up front, so we are trying to score more. The fans know this, that’s why they trust me, and they know we need more attackers and attacking midfielders to do this. They know that now I’ve gotten rid of the midfield, I’ll get rid of the defence next. So we have all 10 players up front. The problem is the club keep buying me defenders, which is okay if they’re from Ajax but otherwise it’s just a waste of money. It’s a process and it’ll take another eleven years before I conclude, again, that we can’t play the Ajax way because I don’t have the Ajax players, and they refuse to build the new stadium in Amsterdam, but the owners know they already have the best man in charge, so I’m calm, they’re calm”. Ten Hag definitely didn’t say.

Last edited:
You would of thought...getting a new fax machine would have been in the end of season review!!!?

Ugarte is in limbo until they can get that bloody thing working...chop chop Ashworth!
Smoke signals, the fax broke down and the internet crashed.
What is going on behind the scenes? Why no announcement yet?
News just breaking. FAILED HIS MEDICAL.

That may be the case. If the McTominay transfer isn't 100% finalised, then we can't finalise Ugarte, right?
I have no idea. We probably still can finalise it regardless (there will be sanctions later on if we breach PSR, but it wouldn’t result in cancellation of this transfer).

Given that he hasn’t played since the Copa and hasn’t trained with the PSG first team during pre-season, the odds on him being involved on Sunday - even if he was registered on Tuesday - were precisely zero. It’ll be a few weeks before he’s ready to play.

The odds on several Caf posters having a meltdown over something that wasn’t going to happen anyway, as an excuse to have a good old crisis moan at the club, are exactly 100%.
Ok.. another question then. Why have we targeted all players that are apparently unfit?! I’m assuming there unfit since only 1 of our new signings as gone straight into the team.

The hype train is in overdrive FFS, Ugarte is nowhere near the world class player some of you want to believe he is. He will give us some energy/ mobility in midfield.
If he gives us more than Casemiro and whatever Mctominay did then he’s worth the buy.

Ok.. another question then. Why have we targeted all players that are apparently unfit?! I’m assuming there unfit since only 1 of our new signings as gone straight into the team.
So we reject players cause they won’t be fit for a couple of weeks? What a ridiculous notion!

Seriously? You really expect the club to back down on a target because they might not be match fit for an upcoming fixture? That would be so short sighted. :lol:

I'm kinda glad he's not going to be playing in the Liverpool match. Spirits aren't exactly high after Brighton, and this is a match there's every chance we could end up losing, then there will be lots of narratives about during the international break if we do lose. It would be better to bring him in after this match, I think. If we win then great. If we lose then there might be that lingering thought of "Maybe things might have been different if he played" and then there will be even more optimism to see him.

Have we actually missed the deadline or is that speculation?

It's not like he's been sat on the couch. If he'd have trained a few days with us this week, I'm sure he could have been on the bench.

Or, better yet, we can actually get our signings done well in advance of the season, it sounds crazy I know.

Every year we play the first 3 games of the season with barely any new players because we can't get them through the door and we cost ourselves points every year because of it. We've actually played the first 3 games of the season with worse midfield options than we had last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.