Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugarte looks like a warrior. How many games will he miss with suspensions
My biggest worry for him is that unlike the DMs at other clubs who all get greater leniency with their professional fouls and hard tackles, he will be singled out and will have the opposite treatment which will massively hinder his game.

My biggest worry for him is that unlike the DMs at other clubs who all get greater leniency with their professional fouls and hard tackles, he will be singled out and will have the opposite treatment which will massively hinder his game.

See Casemiro in his first season.

Liverpool's midfielders get 5 fouls each before a yellow is shown. Casemiro can win the ball and slightly catch an opponent afterwards and he's in the book for his first foul

I think it's taking so long to announce as we need to hire motorbike, get the pyrotechnics people in...
i heard from a mate it’s because he’s scared of harvey elliott, so is deliberate slow walking to the pl offices so he’s not registered in time.

I’m guessing the hold up is just down to waiting for Mctominay being announced for Napoli and Uniteds goodbye tweet to him before we announce his replacement.

This is my main worry as well. He won't be afforded the luxury that Fabinho, Fernandinho, Rodri and co. got of a couple of fouls before they get a warning. Different game at United.

I was assuming that but if he hasn't signed anything until today I don't see how that can be the case.

Also he hasn't played any game minutes for a long time (I think since the Copa?). He might be on the bench but would be surprised to see him come on, maybe to close out a game if we're doing OK or holding on in the final 5.
As long as you have the permission of the parent club I can't see if being an issue, must be some sort of insurance in place to protect the value of the asset etc

or as you said given he's not played maybe EtH has not intention of using him Sunday hence the lack of updates ahead of the registration deadline.

Last edited:
Could be done but we're waiting to announce to keep Pool guessing regarding selection? Or Work Permit hold up?

I think United wants to own the hype during the last hours of the deadline day. Preseting Ugarte, and maybe a Sancho deal, later tonight when all the media outlets are sending live. That will gather a lot of hype!

International break up next. He will get some minutes with Uruguay then get some solid days of training back at Carrington then likely feature against Southampton. Sounds like a better plan than throwing him in against the scousers when he's not match ready.

Last edited:
From the YouTube clips I’ve seen there’s a little bit of Bryan Robson about Ugarte in his posture and fearless all action style. So pre match table on the pitch and him signing a contract would be appropriate Sunday.

I would have liked the announcement sooner tbh. Seems like it's been days.

It would have been short-sighted to play him on Sunday. The risks outweigh the likely benefits. It's best to let him get a bit of football under his belt during the international break.

From the YouTube clips I’ve seen there’s a little bit of Bryan Robson about Ugarte in his posture and fearless all action style. So pre match table on the pitch and him signing a contract would be appropriate Sunday.
If he had a tiny bit of Robbo in him then PSG would not have sold him.

We can't wait 4 or 5 games to play this guy, he's got to be thrown in after a week of training. We don't have the luxury to wait 5 games, we're already 3 points behind the top four clubs, only 2 games into the season.
He can't be any worse than Casemiro, we've no time to lose.

Collyer/Eriksen to come off the bench vs Liverpool.. hmm let's see how that goes.

We're leaving this until 1 minute before deadline to announce in case fans also want something like a functioning left-back or another midfielder to plug the massive holes in the squad.

I guess this will be like Varane where he's paraded around at the start of the match, which will be a nice buzz.

Frustrating that he’s not even on the bench.

I get that he’s not ready to start, but even the last 10 minutes would have been a good introduction. Would have got the crowd going.

Status
Not open for further replies.