Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
English. Rooney, Scholes, Neville, Carrick. Ferdinand.

They weren't signings, they were academy players. Successes include;

Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Young, Hargreaves, Sheringham, Cole, Smith, Bruce, Ince, Pallister, Parker, Sharpe, Phelan, Owen (winner against Man City is enough).

But then the ones that failed are the likes of May, Jones, Smalling, Zaha, Powell, Foster, Dublin, Steel, Greening, Richardson, Sealey, Milne, Anderson, Leighton, Webb, Wallace, Lawton.

There are some more obscure English players signed that failed but cba to search for them.

Definitely. Bruno, Nani, Ronaldo, Joel Pereira and Dalot is arguably a 4 in 5 success rate.

Netherlands is close to a 1 in 3 with Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Van der Sar, Stam and even Blind. De Ligt and Zirkzee could add to this further.

Argentina is 4 from 9, even if things ended poorly with Tevez and Heinze.
How’d you work 1 in 3 out for Netherlands? I’d say they were all a success not just 2

Rooney, Carrick, Ferdinand, Young, Hargreaves, Sheringham, Cole, Smith, Bruce, Ince, Pallister, Parker, Sharpe, Phelan, Owen (winner against Man City is enough).

But then the ones that failed are the likes of May, Jones, Smalling, Zaha, Powell, Foster, Dublin, Steel, Greening, Richardson, Sealey, Milne, Anderson, Leighton, Webb, Wallace, Lawton.

There are some more obscure English players signed that failed but cba to search for them.
Sancho and Mount are failures as well. I would not exactly say that Smalling is a failure.

Definitely. Bruno, Nani, Ronaldo, Joel Pereira and Dalot is arguably a 4 in 5 success rate.

Netherlands is close to a 1 in 3 with Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Van der Sar, Stam and even Blind. De Ligt and Zirkzee could add to this further.

Argentina is 4 from 9, even if things ended poorly with Tevez and Heinze.

How’d you work 1 in 3 out for Netherlands? I’d say they were all a success not just 2

In any case, misses Memphis, Donny, Buttner, Wout, Malacia and Jordi Cruyff.

Can't do anything until the NYSE opens anyway pal.
Sure you can, you just can't comunnicate it. The finance setor never closes, deals and things are happening 24/7.

If you are publicaly traded however, you're expected to share information to shareholders and the market at the same time.

I certainly wouldn't class Smalling as a failure. He may not have been as good as we hoped he would be, but he was still our best central defender for years (including one season he was one of the best in the league).

Ireland/N Ireland have been pretty good to us: McGrath, Whiteside, Keane, Irwin even O’ Shea and Evans can all be regarded as successful.

Sorry those were just the successes. There are like 16 Dutch players (plus this years pair) who have played for us.

I see how that was unclear after I named Joel Pereira under Portugal.

So he hasnt had a single training session with us? Maybe he can do some small bits today. I'd be surprised if he made the bench on Sunday

3 CL finals, including the 2011 one where he was partnered with Giggs, Valencia and Park in midfield. Without Ronaldo I might add.

Underrated doesn't do him justice.

If it wasn't for Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, pep and co., we would have won 2 more CL titles. I'm convinced. Carrick was the driving force behind that.

If Ugarte even comes close to having the same impact, we'd be set for years.
He was arguably the least important player after Brown and potentially Hargreaves in that 2008 squad. The same can probably be said for 2009 squad, O’Shea was probably the only player less important than him (and Anderson whom for whatever reasons randomly started). In 2011, he was more important but I would have easily put Rooney, Hernandez, Nani/Valencia, Vidic, Rio, VDS, and Evra ahead of him in importance, maybe Giggs too. So him being the driving force behind that United squad IMO is simply untrue.

The only season where I think he was exceptional was in 2012-3013 season where he was the best midfielder in the league. Nevertheless, he was not our best player (RVP was, I would put Carrick just behind him though), and there were other players who played better than him in the league (Suarez and Bale for example).

There is no doubt that Carrick was underrated. After Busquets and Alonso he likely was the best deep laying midfielder of his generation. But there is no need to overcompensate for that now and overrate him. He was no Rodri, neither the driving force behind any United squad. If he didn’t exist, we would have likely won the same trophies we won except the 12-13 league.

Surely the registration has already been done and just waiting on the official annoucement?
Would be reckless to throw him into one of the biggest games in the season only 48 hours after arriving.

Will have to wait till after the international break.

Would be reckless to throw him into one of the biggest games in the season only 48 hours after arriving.

Why? He's a professional footballer, it's even more reckless to play with worse players for the position.

I agree with that but was just meaning the medical was supposedly done yesterday and what have you, would be surprised if it took that long to register him. I think he gets a 20 minute cameo on Sunday.

This video is well worth watching.

He will end up being our most important central midfielder eventually, absolute baller.

Apparently PSG are reluctant sellers. They don't want to let him go, but he doesn't fit euriques possession based footy and he really wants a move to Utd.

So he hasnt had a single training session with us? Maybe he can do some small bits today. I'd be surprised if he made the bench on Sunday
I'm completely guessing he's trained the last couple of days while the announcement goes through, first two games there's been training footage ahead of the game. The video has focussed on the women's team this week so might be hiding our shiny new toy away from the cameras.

I'm completely guessing he's trained the last couple of days while the announcement goes through, first two games there's been training footage ahead of the game. The video has focussed on the women's team this week so might be hiding our shiny new toy away from the cameras.
I was assuming that but if he hasn't signed anything until today I don't see how that can be the case.

Also he hasn't played any game minutes for a long time (I think since the Copa?). He might be on the bench but would be surprised to see him come on, maybe to close out a game if we're doing OK or holding on in the final 5.

Ireland/N Ireland have been pretty good to us: McGrath, Whiteside, Keane, Irwin even O’ Shea and Evans can all be regarded as successful.
George Best, Sammy Mc. Shay Brennan, Tony Dunne, Paul McGrath… the list goes on and on

Status
Not open for further replies.