Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavani was a success, the problem was doing everything to convince him to stay, only to find out a couple of weeks later we could bring in Ronaldo to play his position.

Is there any nation we have a better than 1 in 5 success rate with? I doubt it.
English. Rooney, Scholes, Neville, Carrick. Ferdinand.

Cavani was a success, the problem was doing everything to convince him to stay, only to find out a couple of weeks later we could bring in Ronaldo to play his position.

Is there any nation we have a better than 1 in 5 success rate with? I doubt it.
Portugal surely?

Is this done yet? It’s dragging again. Hope just the media team taking ages to announce
It's done, only thing left is the official announcement but there's nothing left to do on the deal side.

We tend to love a Friday announcement before the weekend it seems

Damn, thought someone earlier in this thread said the announcement was scheduled for 3pm (BST). Guess they were sucking shite out of thin air. He’ll probably be in the stands, watching against Pool. Pity he couldn’t get on the pitch and shithouse a few of those feckers.

He's passed his medical. His long can it take to post a few shitty photos and say, "He's signed"

We do make a meal out of basic ass stuff sometimes. :lol:

We’re trying to procure a miniature oboe for him to play in his announcement video.

Portugal surely?

Definitely. Bruno, Nani, Ronaldo, Joel Pereira and Dalot is arguably a 4 in 5 success rate.

Netherlands is close to a 1 in 3 with Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Van der Sar, Stam and even Blind. De Ligt and Zirkzee could add to this further.

Argentina is 4 from 9, even if things ended poorly with Tevez and Heinze.

The pressing system sounds good until you see players like Amad and Rashford languishing around losing their man and half committing. We leave so much open space everywhere i feel this could just leave us even more exposed. Its down to the team to press high, not just one or two individuals.
Rashford yes, but I'd hardly say Amad goes about it half-committing. He's happy to get stuck in and wins the ball back quite well.

Definitely. Bruno, Nani, Ronaldo, Joel Pereira and Dalot is arguably a 4 in 5 success rate.

Netherlands is close to a 1 in 3 with Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Van der Sar, Stam and even Blind. De Ligt and Zirkzee could add to this further.

Argentina is 4 from 9, even if things ended poorly with Tevez and Heinze.
Joel Pereira?

It's done, only thing left is the official announcement but there's nothing left to do on the deal side.

We tend to love a Friday announcement before the weekend it seems
I think it's more to have a signing on deadline day. Fans go crazy for that last bit of transfer action that it looks like we are trying to get in on that action. Obviously would have been nice if this was done earlier so he could maybe train with the team a few days this week.

Why do these announcements always drag out. If he flew here Tuesday night. Had his medical Wednesday should have got announced yesterday.

Anyone think he’ll start against Liverpool or the usual come of bench for 10 mins debut?

Ferguson was much better at giving players proper debuts immediately.

Ferguson was much better at giving players proper debuts immediately.
Nah, he would sometimes wait a few games before starting a new players as well.

ETH doesn’t even know Ugarte, he has never coached him, so will probably take a few weeks before he can integrate him into the team.

Don't know why but I've grown incredibly frustrated with this transfer. Almost to the point I hope it falls through.

Or maybe I'm just hungry.

So I’ve done my due diligence with obligatory YouTube video watching.

The thing that strikes me with is guy is he loves quite a heavy sliding tackle. Something I think the ref/VAR system in EPL will punish him for.

I’ll definitely have him getting sent off in his first game as a wee subtle bet.
This is my biggest fear as well. The knobheads Pawson, Oliver, Taylor, Hooper, Attwell, Coote and Madley will be seeking to stamp down on any aggression to make a point and steal headlines.

Don't know why but I've grown incredibly frustrated with this transfer. Almost to the point I hope it falls through.

Or maybe I'm just hungry.
:wenger:
Let's hope it's temporary delirium as that's a reaction and a half

English. Rooney, Scholes, Neville, Carrick. Ferdinand.
I’m not sure you know what “1 in 5” means. For every English success I’d say we’ve had 4 or more failures!

Status
Not open for further replies.