Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hojlund is fit, Bruno should almost never start as a false 9 ahead of him.

The bolded is something you have pulled out of your ass. I'm not even a fan of gegenpress, I prefer possesion approach similar to what Arteta/Pep do, but that's not what our manager is building our team towards.

What's weird is we are building our team around Bruno who plays in the same position where Mount plays(and Bruno starts 90% of our games), when Mount is tailor suited for our high press approach, and without whom our press looks comparatively disjointed. Its very plain to see, but you are hellbent on going on a tangent about how Bruno is the better player and how we need both for the whole season, when I've not denied either of those claims.

When Mount plays, we sacrifice creativity. When Bruno plays, we sacrifice our pressing. Its a dilemma Ten Hag will have to solve.
they might both play in some games at the expense of one of the wingers. We already saw either Mount or Bruno shunted wide under EtH.

Can't say I'm optimistic that would work as neither seems the type to create numerical advantage which is key against teams that give up possession.

So do we expect him mainly to partner Mainoo or are we going to see a lot of him and Casemiro this season?
I think it will hopefully be a mix of both, he seems to match Bruno's ability play a lot of games untroubled by injury, which should help keep our rotation options open between the 3

You’re using a league cup game from 2020 in which both clubs rotated their teams to suggest that we play well without Bruno? A 3-1 win against Burnley is absolutely routine and the game against Spurs had a Ronaldo hat trick, including a header from a corner, a pen and a wonder volley if I remember. No indications there of us playing great football.

I can remember us losing 0-1 to Arsenal, 4-0 to Palace last season without him. Previous games he missed we drew with Young Boys, lost to Sevilla and Villa. 3 wins vs 4 losses and 2 draws.

We had 15 games last season where we scored 3 goals. I have no idea why you’re suggesting we don’t do that often.
6 in the PL last season, out of 38 games. I just gave you 2. Obviously we have had some poor games as well, but he has only missed 7 pl games since he joined.

6 in the PL last season, out of 38 games. I just gave you 2. Obviously we have had some poor games as well, but he has only missed 7 pl games since he joined.
Sorry mate, you’ve lost me. You can’t ignore cup games considering you used an EFL game as one of the three examples of when we played well without him.

You gave me two games in 2022 that Bruno missed, despite us scoring 3 goals multiple times that season with him. It was a completely different team to now, only Rashford, Dalot, Maguire started that who are still in the squad. Yet we still scored three goals plenty last season, with us having stinkers without him.

Maybe so, I also think SAF would pick Mount over Bruno purely as a system player.
I disagree, I think he would have loved Bruno because he loved maverick players.

I do think he still would have found uses for Mount though. Probably coming off the left or something

Pressing :+1: :+1:
Tackling :+1::+1:
Intercepting :+1::+1:
Passing :+1:
Progressive passing :confused::rolleyes:
Long passing :D
Running :+1:
Shithousery :+1::devil::+1::devil::D
Ball recovery :drool::o:p;)

The OCD in me would've loved if the max rating was three thumbs instead of two, but otherwise, definitely a benchmark for how we should rate our future signings.

...or it is out of three, but You rate his main strengths as mid? :(

I disagree, I think he would have loved Bruno because he loved maverick players.

I do think he still would have found uses for Mount though. Probably coming off the left or something

Possibly, do think the amount of times Bruno gives the ball away though would have seen him dropped eventually.

Mount would have been a key player in a SAF side for me.

I don't disagree with the fact that Bruno is way more productive but mount would possibly have been our modern day Park, full of energy.

The OCD in me would've loved if the max rating was three thumbs instead of two, but otherwise, definitely a benchmark for how we should rate our future signings.

...or it is out of three, but You rate his main strengths as mid? :(
Two thumbs up is very good for me.

For future reference:
:+1: :+1: very good
:+1: good
:confused: average
:nono: poor
:nono::nono: very poor

Does not matter if he is ready for Liverpool. ETH wont play him until we lost a game.
We lost the very last match we played?

Think it would be madness to start him given his lack of game time since the Copa America. Definitely not match fit and sharp enough for that. Hopefully he might be good for a sub appearance in the last half hour - when the likes of Mainoo and Casemiro start to tire.

I never liked him much under SAF. He was good but something was missing. But under LVG and Jose, in deep dmc role, he was amazing. He was exactly what we need now; player who set the tempo of play.

I understood the criticism of Carrick in his early days at OT but I saw pure class and within a year or two at most he was in full God mode. Legend.

Didn't intend that way. I was part of a group of ST holders had weekly debates about him to me was a class act. To others he wasn't. That is what I was trying to say.

There was a very committed "Carrick is rubbish" section of the fan base throughout his career tbf.

If they apologised to De Ligt for dragging the transfer out, Ugarte is owed one too

So many managers and players on podcasts have said how things can change with player signings until the last minute.

With our apparent need to sell to buy, is the Scotty Mctee signing holding up us announcing?

So I’ve done my due diligence with obligatory YouTube video watching.

The thing that strikes me with is guy is he loves quite a heavy sliding tackle. Something I think the ref/VAR system in EPL will punish him for.

I’ll definitely have him getting sent off in his first game as a wee subtle bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.