Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
How’s his match fitness? Has he played in any of the pre-season games with PSG?

So freaking hype for this guy to play. This was the one signing we needed above all. Hope he proves to be the missing link. Ugarte, Mainoo and Bruno. If that midfield works we are set for a good time.

So freaking hype doesn't this guy to play. This was the one signing we needed above all. Hope he proves to be the missing link. Ugarte, Mainoo and Bruno. If that midfield works we are set for a good time.

Is not just a standard midfield, but the range of options we now got. We can go case, ugarte, mount when high energy and block out kinda approach is needed.

Even ugarte, mount and bruno will be much better than last season if we are looking to go all out and these don't even include our best prospect in mainoo

We need to put him in bubble wraps until it's time to play. Otherwise he might trip and hurt himself. Oh...do remember to put a Fragile, handle with care sticker too.

Yeah sure. The more the time passes on the more he becomes better.
Or in your case, just because tactics and football have evolved with sports technology, the more the time passes on, he becomes less important to the team.

Water carrier. Might as well call him steady eddy :lol:

Is not just a standard midfield, but the range of options we now got. We can go case, ugarte, mount when high energy and block out kinda approach is needed.

Even ugarte, mount and bruno will be much better than last season if we are looking to go all out and these don't even include our best prospect in mainoo
I don't have faith in ETH being flexible. He's generally risk averse and doesn't change his starting 11 often. But you are right in that our midfield options are better and more flexible currently.

Ugarte Mount Bruno
Ugarte Mainoo Mount
Casemiro Ugarte Bruno
Casemiro Ugarte Mainoo

All could be interesting

Or in your case, just because tactics and football have evolved with sports technology, the more the time passes on, he becomes less important to the team.

Water carrier. Might as well call him steady eddy :lol:
Carrick was magnificent. An English Xavi Alonso.

Prime Carrick compares well to prime Rodri, but there’s no doubt Carrick had to overcome doubters on his first few months at OT.

As for Ugarte, the man even looks like an animal. I hope Casemiro gives him a full briefing on the vendetta English referees have with foreign players who have a hard edge to their game.

Prime Carrick compares well to prime Rodri, but there’s no doubt Carrick had to overcome doubters on his first few months at OT.

As for Ugarte, the man even looks like an animal. I hope Casemiro gives him a full briefing on the vendetta English referees have with foreign players who have a hard edge to their game.
I never liked him much under SAF. He was good but something was missing. But under LVG and Jose, in deep dmc role, he was amazing. He was exactly what we need now; player who set the tempo of play.

When are they going to announce it? Deadline is sort of approaching…

They'll wait for the McT deal to finalise first. I genuinely don't think that transfer matters though, in terms of PSR. But it's a nice bluff to have during the final days of the window.

You're aware the announcement is not a prerequisite for it to be signed, right?

De Ligt and Mazraoui were training with their teammates before they got announced

When do we play without him? When have we bought a player to compete with him?
This is really going off topic. You’re arguing about hypotheticals. Bruno has missed the odd game and we looked terrible. We signed Mount and Ten Hag has shown no sign of taking Bruno out the team and in fact wanted him to sign a new contract. I’d suggest he knows more about who is good at football than you.

Feck me are you serious? Carrick was world class, if he were playing today he'd be held in the same esteem as Rodri.

That nearly made me choke on my Weetabix
Carrick was world class? Calm dahn...calm dahn. He was good, but he was nowhere near being world class. I know time distorts people minds, but Carrick was somewhere between absolute bang average and very good. He's always been overrated and nowhere near Rodri's level of play, not even close.

Go and enjoy the transfers and warn us before you come out with nonsense like that you cheeky scallywag, I nearly choked to death!..grrrrr

Does anyone else feel like we always stretch out the last transfer of the window to make the fans feel like we're involved in deadline day?

Status
Not open for further replies.