Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
But none of them do as little work to controlling the game as Bruno. Having an 8 who's very creative is normal, having one that is just creative doesn't happen because control is very important.
It’s really not relevant to my point that Casemiro, Mainoo and Urgate is not a midfield that a modern top side would use. What Bruno does or doesn’t do is not really the issue being discussed.

It’s really not relevant to my point that Casemiro, Mainoo and Urgate is not a midfield that a modern top side would use. What Bruno does or doesn’t do is not really the issue being discussed.
Bruno isn't part of a midfield that modern top sides would use. The difference is that on one has suggested Casemiro, Mainoo, and Urgate as our midfield.

There's also been some debate over the pronunciation of his first name, Manuel. Is it MAN-YOU-WELL or is it MAN-WELL?

As a native Spanish speaker, I can assure everyone it's close to but not exactly the latter. It's MAHN-WELL, with a very soft "a". And if you're a hipster, you have to say it really fast with the accent on the second syllable, mahn-WELL!

But then again, Man Utd, which is not how most mancs refer to United in conversation (but is quite common in the US) ,could be fun to play with when creating songs in his honor. I'm terrible with this sort of thing, but I can go to ChatGPT and see what I can come up with in honor of "Man Utd" WELL Ugarte.

I suspect we’ll see a fair amount of rotation between Mainoo, Casemiro and Ugarte.

The more interesting question is once we’re done with this false 9 experiment where Mount fits in. He’s been praised for his pressing…does he steal a wide role off of either Rashford, who’s been horrific, or Amad?
Probably not, he needs to improve on the ball some more or he won’t be getting selected too much if Bruno and Mainoo are fit.

Can imagine they are waiting for McT’s medical tomorrow in Naples to be OK. Don’t imagine there will be a problem with it and the paperwork is almost certainly prepared ready to be signed when Napoli sign off at their end. I think if we register him by close of transfer window on Friday we can include him in the squad against Pool on Sunday - subject to International Clearance and Work Permit. Is that correct?

Can imagine they are waiting for McT’s medical tomorrow in Naples to be OK. Don’t imagine there will be a problem with it and the paperwork is almost certainly prepared ready to be signed when Napoli sign off at their end. I think if we register him by close of transfer window on Friday we can include him in the squad against Pool on Sunday - subject to International Clearance and Work Permit. Is that correct?

Lunch time Friday.

Bruno isn't part of a midfield that modern top sides would use. The difference is that on one has suggested Casemiro, Mainoo, and Urgate as our midfield.
Disagree. Tactics make a big difference. Our team always looks infinitely worse without Bruno.

When do we play without him? When have we bought a player to compete with him?
VDB was meant to allow us to rotate with him even though he’s nowhere near the same quality. There different types of AM. Once Hojlund is back it will be interesting to see if ETH partners Zirkzee upfront with him or plays him behind him which would allow us to rest Bruno in certain games.

He will do for me. He can like Carrick was, an underated midfield who was bascially the water carrier of them but he allowed Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney to flourish. Just my opinion
Feck me are you serious? Carrick was world class, if he were playing today he'd be held in the same esteem as Rodri.

Casemiro isn't in a midfield any top side would use full stop. He's too old.

Mainoo, Urgate and Bruno seems to make sense but I don't know much about him so maybe that's wrong.

Feck me are you serious? Carrick was world class, if he were playing today he'd be held in the same esteem as Rodri.
Calm down, he was a really good player, but not world class and not at the level of Rodri

Agree. Carrick was world class. I really miss him. He was the master of balancing and dictate the speed of the game.

Hopefully Ugarte improves our midfield massively. Think we'll still struggle to control games (as he's not type of player to help in that regard), but at least we should be more solid now. Casemiro is on a decline and getting older but having him and Ugarte as options for DM, can't complain.

Hopefully Ugarte improves our midfield massively. Think we'll still struggle to control games (as he's not type of player to help in that regard), but at least we should be more solid now. Casemiro is on a decline and getting older but having him and Ugarte as options for DM, can't complain.
I'm hoping Bruno will be able to control games better if he has two of Mainoo, Ugarte and Mount helping him out. If he still can't then we really will need that de Jong type player.

I'm hoping Bruno will be able to control games better if he has two of Mainoo, Ugarte and Mount helping him out. If he still can't then we really will need that de Jong type player.
Is De Jong that kind of player? De Jong is similar to Mainoo isn't he? More of a Kroos sort of player might be a better fit for that.

That's a slight exaggeration. Carrick was a top player but lacked the consistency, steel, and aggression of Rodri. He also wasn't as much of a goal threat. People forget there were years when Carrick got a lot of criticism for being too passive with his passing as well. His form drfiniteoy went through slumps as well. I'd kill to have him available now, but let's not get carried away.

He was excellent but there wasn't universal approval was there? Quite a few doubters on here if I recall and he did have lulls - slow starts to seasons especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.