Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he turns out good, we are due a break with transfers

It's not what people want to hear, but I think he'd do really well next to Casemiro. You've got basically everything a balanced midfield needs in that partnership.
Interested to hear how so. From what I've seen they're both fairly unreliable with their passing and are good at tackling and interceptions. Maybe it would work with Bruno being the turnover machine that he is, but then we'd really lack any technical guile in the middle.

I care very little for hurting the feelings of these armchair experts. I won’t dilute my language for fear of making new-age twitter fans upset.
They'll send the double pivot police to your house if you're not careful.

Bunch of weirdos in this thread.

We’ve been crying out for a ball winning midfielder for ages that will allow our more creative midfielders to push forward in confidence without leaving our defence exposed. Even if he supposedly does have passing limitations; which some of you who have barely seen him play are sudden experts on (based on YouTube videos and absolute dickheads on Twitter who are fecking clueless about real football).

And before you start defending yourselves with stupid stats that you’ve ripped off from some website, just don’t. feck off with that garbage. I don’t need arbitrary non-contextual stats thrown my way to promote your narratives and agendas. I have eyes and actually watch the game. I’ll reserve my judgment until after watching him play a full game, not some watered down biased YouTube compilation from some 14 year old “content creator”.

How do you know who is clueless about real football, and what makes them have less of a clue than you, another d***head on the internet?

Most top level clubs recruitment teams use statistics as part of the basis of judging which players to sign, along with watching them actually play, the two are not mutually exclusive.

There is no way for you to know how old a Youtube creator is, and some of them put a lot of time and effort into their videos.

It is nice to see you are unable to accept changes, condescend people that you have no idea about, while expressing yourself with baseless assumptions because you are out of touch with modern times.

These people have just as much or just as little football expertise as you, and there is no way to really prove otherwise except your opinion on who you believe is more knowledgeable.

Oh the irony!
Let's go back to basics, what was the point of your original reply to me?

I wanted to know how much his wage is.

You wanted to tell me I don't understand contracts.

Seems a stupid thing to reply with at face value, was there a more exact point you wanted to get across?

Mainoo primarily

We could start all 3 in some tougher games though
All our problems in the middle would be solved if all 3 play BUT Bruno has to play so thats the thing. A three of Ugarte sitting and Mainoo and Case infront would give us so much solidity in the middle, we can then play the wingers higher up and wider and get the full backs further forward too as we would have enough cover behind. But when Bruno is already high up, if one midfielder runs forward it leaves just 1 behind and we become prone to counters. Solution is easy but the man to implement that solution won't.

Who drops out then (if we play three up front)? Mainoo?

I suspect we’ll see a fair amount of rotation between Mainoo, Casemiro and Ugarte.

The more interesting question is once we’re done with this false 9 experiment where Mount fits in. He’s been praised for his pressing…does he steal a wide role off of either Rashford, who’s been horrific, or Amad?

I suspect we’ll see a fair amount of rotation between Mainoo, Casemiro and Ugarte.

The more interesting question is once we’re done with this false 9 experiment where Mount fits in. He’s been praised for his orsssing…does he steal a wide role off of either Rashford, who’s been horrific, or Amad?

Let Mount and Bruno rotate between LW/AM

How do you know who is clueless about real football, and what makes them have less of a clue than you, another d***head on the internet?

Most top level clubs recruitment teams use statistics as part of the basis of judging which players to sign, along with watching them actually play, the two are not mutually exclusive.

There is no way for you to know how old a Youtube creator is, and some of them put a lot of time and effort into their videos.

It is nice to see you are unable to accept changes, condescend people that you have no idea about, while expressing yourself with baseless assumptions because you are out of touch with modern times.

These people have just as much or just as little football expertise as you, and there is no way to really prove otherwise except your opinion on who you believe is more knowledgeable.
Found one.

The more interesting question is once we’re done with this false 9 experiment where Mount fits in. He’s been praised for his pressing…does he steal a wide role off of either Rashford, who’s been horrific, or Amad?
I think that's exactly what happens, Mount replaces Rashford and then everyone is pressing, admittedly Rashford's looked better at it so far this season but I can't see it lasting

Interested to hear how so. From what I've seen they're both fairly unreliable with their passing and are good at tackling and interceptions. Maybe it would work with Bruno being the turnover machine that he is, but then we'd really lack any technical guile in the middle.
Casemiro is a good progressive passer, he's also a goal threat from deep. His issues are his legs are going so can't cover a great amount of ground, he's also not a ball retention merchant for rotating the ball during build up.

Ugarte covers a ridiculous amount of ground, so covers Casemiros weaknesses in that area. He also has a great passing percentage due to playing safe most of the time.

I'm not saying Ugarte, Mainoo and Bruno can't work, but I don't think it's as balanced as Casemiro, Ugarte and Bruno.

Every time I watch highlights of him, be it with Uruguay or PSG, he does a feck ton of sliding challenges. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing in relation to coming to English football.

All our problems in the middle would be solved if all 3 play BUT Bruno has to play so thats the thing. A three of Ugarte sitting and Mainoo and Case infront would give us so much solidity in the middle, we can then play the wingers higher up and wider and get the full backs further forward too as we would have enough cover behind. But when Bruno is already high up, if one midfielder runs forward it leaves just 1 behind and we become prone to counters. Solution is easy but the man to implement that solution won't.
Hardly any top teams are playing with three out and out central midfielders nowadays. There’s almost no creativity in that team. You’re relying on Garnacho to beat a man.

They better get this done soon if he is to play against Liverpool.

Eth almost never throws in a new transfer without preseason or a few weeks to settle in. And especially not again a high pressure game.

He will be lucky to get 15 mins unless we have sone injury

That would be the icing on the cake. Get the transfer done but take a week to get a work permit and he dosent play til after the International break.
ETH won't play him until after the break anyway. He's notoriously slow integrating new players into the starting XI. Mazaoui only starting because of injuries.

What I like about this and all our other signings is that they only wanted to join us. Wasn’t interested in money or talking to other clubs. We was priority.

Hardly any top teams are playing with three out and out central midfielders nowadays. There’s almost no creativity in that team. You’re relying on Garnacho to beat a man.
That's because of how Mainoo and Case have been told to play, if they are giving freedom as 8s it would be different, especially Mainoo who is very good in the final third. Bruno's creativity while important is often overstated because he's the only one giving the role to do so. We depend on him, it should be a system that aids creativity, not just an individual. What if Bruno gets injured? We need a system that is consistent, otherwise another few injuries and the season is going to be dead and filled with excuses.

Let's hope gets done before the weekend, comes on, scores the winner and we can bring back the Forlan chant for Ugarte!!

He came from Uruguay,
He made the Scousers cry...

I have posted about this before also, and advocated for A.Onana for this exact reason. Hopefully with better organisation and setpiece coaching we can mitigate this, but it seems like a potential disaster.
I also think we can improve our organisation, but in the end I think we will suffer from being so weak in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.