Ugarte

Ugarte

Ugarte

Ooga-Ooga

Ugarte

(tracking back)

Ooga-Ooga

Ugarte

(the song in Reservoir Dogs when Tim Roth meets up with the criminals)

I don't expect him to start for quite a while. Hopefully he'll make an impact when he gets the chance. His tackling and energy should be useful. I have some concerns his tendency to always press could occassionaly leave gaps in behind to be exploited. Hopefully that doesn't happen too much.

He's not what I would have wanted on the ball but it was pretty clear from the players we were linked with that the team didn't want a progressive passer. Personally I thought we should have been looking for someone to help control the midfield, so waiting to be convinced that this is the way forward. I do worry a bit about Ugarte's position in the team if we get a new manager who wants a more possession-based approach.

The ideal is probably that our style of play under ETH does work, he stays long-term, we have success and Ugarte becomes the long-term successor to Casemiro in the team, preferably being able to cover more ground without us losing too much of Casemiro's creativity, aerial ability and goal threat.

Neves is the deal that sticks out there. Definitely some type of backroom deal underpinning that price.

The rest show it's a reasonable transfer fee for a 23-year-old with high level experience, and a fantastic attitude, in a position of need.

The fact we've sold McTominay and Hannibal for a combined price of around £35 million in the opposite direction makes it even more reasonable.
The Neves deal was that 60m plus a player like Sanches so really closer to 80m value wise

You aren't a true United-player until you have been out injured for 6 weeks or more.....

Same player we reported wanted to sell this summer and have just signed “one of the best young midfielders around” in his position

I guess he’ll just drop his new signing instead then
Probably, it’s not like Case was immediately put in the team when he signed. The reality is they’re going to play together, you don’t drop Casemiro for a Gattuso type player when you need both in there. Mount is the player that will get sidelined.

I don't expect him to start for quite a while. Hopefully he'll make an impact when he gets the chance. His tackling and energy should be useful. I have some concerns his tendency to always press could occassionaly leave gaps in behind to be exploited. Hopefully that doesn't happen too much.

He's not what I would have wanted on the ball but it was pretty clear from the players we were linked with that the team didn't want a progressive passer. Personally I thought we should have been looking for someone to help control the midfield, so waiting to be convinced that this is the way forward. I do worry a bit about Ugarte's position in the team if we get a new manager who wants a more possession-based approach.

The ideal is probably that our style of play under ETH does work, he stays long-term, we have success and Ugarte becomes the long-term successor to Casemiro in the team, preferably being able to cover more ground without us losing too much of Casemiro's creativity, aerial ability and goal threat.

Having the ball goes a long way to controlling the midfield, and by all accounts Ugarte seems to be exceptionally good at getting the ball back and holding on to it. He may not be very progressive with the ball, but it sounds like his qualities will help us significantly when it comes to controlling games.

Yeah I have similar concerns.

As for the bolded part I think the thing we will miss the most is his aerial ability. It will need to be compensated from elsewhere, and I dont really see where that's going to be coming from.

Question needs to be asked then, “why hasn’t he benched Rashford”?

It’s fair to expect more from Rashford due to what he earns. But in reality none of our left winger options have been miles better than him so far. If anything he’s surprisingly been working the hardest at tracking back and has had the best pre season.

Without poor misses from Garnacho and Mount he would be on at least 2 assists.

What position does she play then?:p

I nominate Mama Ugarte as chief team motivator - Seems like a lady that will give everyone including her son and Ten Hag a right Spanish bollocking at half time, hand gestures and all. Just what the team could use :lol:

Hope Roy Keane doesn't see this.

I'm sure he can appreciate a family man in the team! Although it's best if he's shown clips of Man Utd verbally abusing a few players beforehand, throw in a few of his leg breakers in there just to be safe :angel:

The fee is higher than I'd have hoped for but isn't that much considering transfer window.. €30M for McT, €50M for Palhinha, and so on. Hope we still have the funds to bring in 1 more midfielder who isn't named Amrabat.

Also don't expect him to play substantial minutes for us till the end of September. Anything earlier would be a terrific bonus and suggest that he's exactly the profile we want.

Probably, it’s not like Case was immediately put in the team when he signed. The reality is they’re going to play together, you don’t drop Casemiro for a Gattuso type player when you need both in there. Mount is the player that will get sidelined.
He was immediately put in the team when he signed and was match fit. Mount was injured for the majority of last season but started the season in the side and was dropped due to lack of fitness and poor form

Also Ugarte is more Casemiro than he is Gattuso

Very exciting and much needed signing. I've never watched him play live before so going in blind having only watched a few YouTube highlights.

From what I've read he sounds like a proper defensive destroyer and something we've been lacking for some time.

My only concern would be reading some PSG fans saying he struggled against more physical players in the champions league like Guimaraes and Loftus Cheek. Given the PL Is much more physical than anywhere else he's played it will be interesting to see how he gets on.

2 of my favourite United players were both Uruguayan so hopefully Ugarte makes it a hat trick.

Feck you and feck what you become, just a state founded joke of a club..

Am red, proudly all of my life, now shit, but at least not what you've become...

Relatively solid, the daughter is singing. (What a shit club City is.. well, that is quite special and shouldn't be ignored)
What melody is that again?

Does anyone have any stats for his Gouging and Hair Pulling?

I’m hoping he’s in the top percentile across the European Leagues

Do we have any Sporting fans on here?

Seems like his game time was limited at PSG, was he a real stand out key player for Sporting? How was he on the ball?

Maybe Wilcox can carry him off the plane, covered in bubble wrap, to make sure nothing tragic happens on his way to us.

Is this finally the guy to help our defensive problems. Straight in against Liverpool I hope

Well let’s hope Ugarte won’t allow an opposition player to pick him off the ground and dump him over the sideline when he’s down injured
I'll never not find it funny how absolutely rattled some of you were by that.

Excited to see a player of his profile at the club. He's a bit of a bastard. My main issue is Duncan Casltes had the inside track. I had hoped he had fecked off, got caught in so many lies

Status
Not open for further replies.