Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enrique wants his DM to be a metronome who can play the ball and keep possession, like Busquets. Ugarte is more of a spoiler, he runs around tackling people.
Excellent, just what we need, it’s going to be difficult in a few weeks time to pick the team, I suppose this chap will replace Casemiro?

Excellent, just what we need, it’s going to be difficult in a few weeks time to pick the team, I suppose this chap will replace Casemiro?
I suspect he will play alongside Case. The Mount experiment hasn't worked so we'll move the 'pressing' from AM to DM instead and try a mid block instead of high block.

Don’t know much about Ugarte
Don’t know much the point of Anthony
Don’t know much about the Dutch I took
And I don’t really get Ten Hag’s playbook
But I do know that I feel blue
And I know that if you feel blue too
We should probably go watch City

Applause. Brilliant.

Sancho is also on £300k+ per week. Is he starting every week?
No but he's not playing either and has been banished for the last 12 months. It's not like they're still trying to find a way to get more out of him. You can bet Casemiro would have the same treatment if they wanted him gone.

I see some reports that there is a 10% sell on clause to PSG should we sell him in the future.

I assume these sell on clauses only come into effect once the amount goes over the amount we bought him for , i.e. if we pay 50M and eventually sell him for 60M , then PSG only get 10% of the 10M excess, is this assumption correct?

No but he's not playing either and has been banished for the last 12 months. It's not like they're still trying to find a way to get more out of him. You can bet Casemiro would have the same treatment if they wanted him gone.
Teams aren’t picked based on wages.

Otherwise Garnacho, Mainoo and Amad would be nowhere near.

Casemiro is on about £300k a week. You can absolutely guarantee he starts every week.
It'll be 2 of Mainoo, Casemiro and Ugarte and they'll all stay fresh. Hell, Ugarte probably makes it viable to use Eriksen sometimes

Gonna rack up some generational red card numbers between him and Casemiro. Can't wait :drool:

It’s going to be incredible having someone with a bit of bite in midfield. Something we have lacked for over a decade.

I just worry about him being in training with the likes of Shaw, Malacia and Mount.

I’m sure Ugarte is a fine player but our ability to turn good players bad is unparalleled.

He tends to favour numbers with the number 5, looking from his club and international career so far.

#25 (if Sancho goes), then move to #5 once Maguire departs next summer.

#5 should be reserved for Yoro eventually, unless he doesn't want it

Casemiro is on about £300k a week. You can absolutely guarantee he starts every week.
Thats a pretty weird comment considering the likes of Ronaldo, Sancho, Maguire even Varane getting dropped etc

It'll be 2 of Mainoo, Casemiro and Ugarte and they'll all stay fresh. Hell, Ugarte probably makes it viable to use Eriksen sometimes
I'll go a step further and say that the midfield should be 3 of Mainoo, Casemiro, Ugarte, Bruno and Eriksen. None of them should be automatic starters.

It’s going to be incredible having someone with a bit of bite in midfield. Something we have lacked for over a decade.

I just worry about him being in training with the likes of Shaw, Malacia and Mount.

Tbf Casemiro has a bit of bite. He's just old.

Great it’s finally done.

Rangnick said a few years ago that we lacked physicality and stamina, and he was right. Ugarte will add that big time.
We are good at transitions/counter attacks so he will also help us with that by winning the ball back and giving it to the attackers. If he is half the player that Kante was a few years ago, who some are comparing him to, we will have a top player.
He is also compared to Palhinha, who we would all have been delighted with if we signed him a few years back.
Hope he exceeds expectations for us.

I do still think we lack goals, and an effective wide player, with Sancho going out, would be ideal but can’t do everything in one window.

Status
Not open for further replies.