Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Glad it's done, will be a big boost to the squad, missing his kinda profile for a while now.

Don't get the comparison to Scotty. He's a DM and Scotty is a SS/CAM, at least the way we utilised him. We shouldn't have been relying on him for the goals, they should come from our other attacking threats.

Think we'll see him get a few minutes this weekend and then start after the break. Like Nous and Antony before, ETH won't take time to bed him in, we don't have an alternative profile to him.
I'd be surprised as he never did any preseason and I couldn't imagine him going that hard in training when he didn't want to be at the club.
Imagine him getting injured because he isn't fit enough?
Erik would be hung out to dry!

Start Ugarte against Liverpool....

Casemiro immediately realises in training he's going to be sidelined the rest of the season.....

He then explores leaving before Fridays deadline.....

If he leaves, we then sign Amrabat as the 2nd choice CDM on a permanent deal.

When this season is over, we now have our new Malian CDM who is now ready to support Ugarte the following season and compete with Amrabat for the 2nd choice CDM position.
Something tells me you haven't seen Ugarte play. Ugarte is going to be Casemiro's legs.

Worryingly bald
Family member wearing 'Camo' is a red flag for me.

In all seriousness, the fee is probably a bit steep, but PSG wanted to recoup their £60m.
We've probably said 'cheeky f*cks...we'll give you 40m..'
PSG 'no chance...how about 55m?'
United 'naahh...how about 45m?
PSG 'How about 50m...with 10m deferred?'
United...'OK...but we don't want the kid in the Camo top anywhere near Old Trafford'

Signed.

Ugarte won't start at the weekend. De Ligt can't even start a game yet
De Ligt was way behind on his preseason. Ugarte has 7 lungs so that’s not going to be an issue.

Yea, no, as you saw it’s just an early suggestion for the Ugarte song thread. :)

Thank you!

And thank you too.

Don’t know much the point of Anthony
Don’t know much about the Dutch I took

is such a good line before going into... feck blue, am red...?

It has potential.

A bit daft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we started ultra-defensive against the Scousers:

Onana
De Ligt, Maguire, Martinez
Mazroui, Casemiro, Mainoo, Ugarte, Dalot
Bruno, Rashford

Start Ugarte against Liverpool....

Casemiro immediately realises in training he's going to be sidelined the rest of the season.....

He then explores leaving before Fridays deadline.....

If he leaves, we then sign Amrabat as the 2nd choice CDM on a permanent deal.

When this season is over, we now have our new Malian CDM who is now ready to support Ugarte the following season and compete with Amrabat for the 2nd choice CDM position.
Living up to your name I see!

I'm excited for this because he's a great player, but also worried because we have a tendency to turn great players into bad ones. It all depends on how referees react to him, and how he reacts if he keeps getting carded. We need a figure in the middle of the pitch that will make opposition teams think twice about just sprinting through our midfield like they don't exist.

Did we check if his dad is obese or not?
With that jawline his dad is either a Greek god or the troloIol meme.

A good addition to bring some much needed energy and combativeness into our midfield.

We do just need that more composed, passing midfield type now to have a good set of options. Eriksen should be that guy really but seems to be out of the picture so we need to look at refreshing that position.

So we waited all that time just to pay them what they wanted by adding 10m addons?

Enrique wants his DM to be a metronome who can play the ball and keep possession, like Busquets. Ugarte is more of a spoiler, he runs around tackling people.
I do think Ugarte has a deceptively decent passing range, he’s no Kroos but I think he’ll surprise people

Not in E10Hag's mind but have a feeling with Ugarte we could see Mount, Bruno and Ugarte as the mid 3. Something you probably can't do with Casemiro because whilst he has amazing positioning he is slow. Maybe Ugarte unlocks anothet tactical approach to our gameplans
I could actually see ETH try that midfield trio now, with Ugarte instead of Casemiro, like he must have originally planned to.
How much in the context of this window (see previous post) do you think he should be going for and why?
Probably around 35 million, simply because he's not a player I can see having a long-term key role in our project, as of now, but I obviously hope that's not going to be the case, and also because his value should've diminished a bit more after 1 rather unsuccessful year at PSG.

Again in July that wasn’t the brief (see your own reaction to reports), what PSG actually wanted and what we paid is also different.
Sure that was the report, but like I said I trust Orny more than L'equipe. You are free to think this is a great deal, I'm not gonna rain on your parade on signing day.

Ugarte to get your cocks out for this one.

Good signing. Will hopefully help us keep more clean sheets and improve our physicality and aggression.

Don't think he starts in CM for some time.
Yea. Considering how he had no pre-season and knowing ETH, we might see Ugarte play for us only after the international break.

Yea. Considering how he had no pre-season and knowing ETH, we might see Ugarte play for us only after the international break.
That's only 1 game away to be fair

What do you call Rice?

I mean Declan rice exists.

You mention city and Madrid, if we had the depth of quality in every position they have then sure but that's not exactly feasible is it? You can't have a dig at the manager for not having Madrid/city esque players, and it's certainly not because of the way he's inadequately built the team as you say.
Clearly don’t watch Rice closely enough if you think he falls into the category of a strict ball winning midfielder. He has way more to his game than Ugarte. Rice plays a far more advanced role for Arsenal with Partey the most defence minded in there.

Second paragraph is so off it’s untrue: He has almost certainly inadequately built the squad. Not asking for real/city level teams. But this guy got us spending 140 million on Anthony and Mount who aren’t even first team players. Without question we could have spent that money better on more appropriate players - like a more physically imposing and quick centre half and a more well rounded midfield player. Wants us to press high and push up but signs Casemiro and Martinez who lack pace. Ironically in his first season he had us playing a deeper defensive line which was more suited to the likes of Casemiro and Martinez but there we go…

I do think Ugarte has a deceptively decent passing range, he’s no Kroos but I think he’ll surprise people
He's a good passer he just won't dictate tempo or be some creative guy, which is fine. He holds his own in possession and isn't dispossessed easily. Some people making it out like he's McTominay on the ball and it isn't true. We need both a deep passer and an elite ball winner, we have one of the 2. More chance of Eriksen being useful now as a squad player as well.

He's a good passer he just won't dictate tempo or be some creative guy, which is fine. He holds his own in possession and isn't dispossessed easily. Some people making it out like he's McTominay on the ball and it isn't true. We need both a deep passer and an elite ball winner, we have one of the 2. More chance of Eriksen being useful now as a squad player as well.
Yeah a playmaker next summer and we’d be in a great place.

Guess I need to spell it out...
I hope we are not paying him inflated wages, and therefore make him impossible to sell if he doesn't work out.
Again I ask do you not know how contracts work? In a hypothetical scenario he could sign for £50k a week but when we will sell him in 2 years if the signing club is only willing to pay £20k for him and we want to get rid of him then we have to do a payoff. Payoffs dont happen only in the case of inflated wages.

A bit daft, but I wouldn't be surprised if we started ultra-defensive against the Scousers:

Onana
De Ligt, Maguire, Martinez
Mazroui, Casemiro, Mainoo, Ugarte, Dalot
Bruno, Rashford
No, we need to stop changing our team based on the opposition. We need to play one way whoever it is just like the good teams.

No, we need to stop changing our team based on the opposition. We need to play one way whoever it is just like the good teams.
Do we have a way? That's one of the biggest criticisms Ten Hag gets these days. However we always play well when we set up to counter or do a mid press, which is exactly what we'll do.

He's not bad but he's not a one touch DM, he'd rather go long, and that isn't what Enrique wants.
I can definitely see it being an asset we use, since Pogba we've been appalling at spreading the play which leads to us getting boxed in, at least in my view.

Do we have a way? That's one of the biggest criticisms Ten Hag gets these days. However we always play well when we set up to counter or do a mid press, which is exactly what we'll do.
Long ball, quick counter?

I'm just talking about going forward. You never really see City/Arsenal etc adapting to another team they just have their gameplan and stick to it. I think we should do this too.

Obviously I'm talking in an ideal world where we have a clearly defined game model.

Long ball, quick counter?

I'm just talking about going forward. You never really see City/Arsenal etc adapting to another team they just have their gameplan and stick to it. I think we should do this too.

Obviously I'm talking in an ideal world where we have a clearly defined game model.
Yeah I understand what you're saying and I agree, but the issue is that this style of play we seem to want to play under Ten Hag is a coin flip win or lose and you can't build upon that, so he either needs to find something more consistent or relax on his 'principles' and play something that benefits the players we're signing that cost massive amounts of money. And bringing it back to Ugarte, he's better suited to a counter attacking team, he isn't an intricate passer or ball player, he's just there to track back and spoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.