Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep saying he’s not the profile of player we need?

Sensible people have been saying for years that we need a high quality DM. Keep in mind that many people who post here aren't that sensible.

Is Ugarte still "pushing like crazy"? If he's not pushing like crazy, like an absolute madman, I dont want him

:lol: I was about to type out one of my typically long winded, verbose dissertations on this subject; but you just put this brilliantly succinctly.

I think it was the great modern philosopher, Mike from RedLetterMedia, who quoted Shakespeare, saying, "Brevity is the soul of wit". :lol:

Still, that doesn't mean that your long winded, verbose dissertation isn't needed. If you've got bars.....spit it!

I hear now we've moved from very, very close to very, very, very, extremely, almost unbelievably close. Microscopic levels of closeness.

My insider source at United says Ugarte is pushing harder than Sisyphus on this "rock". Apparently the last few nights he's had dreams of making clean tackles at Old Trafford, glancing over at Casemiro on the bench, and giving him a smile and a wink. Says often in the dreams Rashford follows up the wink by drilling an outside the box shot in the top corner of the net, which Ugarte has a strong feeling will happen with great frequency once he joins the team.

I'll give you a bold prediction on when this saga will be resolved: sometime in the next 1-4 days. You have my word on that. Will give you all an exclusive story when it does.

Better see some movement on this tomorrow..Friday is fast approaching, knowing us it will be a Fellini like last min deal or we break the De Gea fax machine and he doesn’t come.

U-G-A
R-T-E

Limited player who’s twenty three

Not the profile we should be looking at, add ten mil sign Amrabat
U-G-A
R-T-E
He will add some midfield speed
With a kick, hack, cheeky smack
Break yer fecking bones
Ugarte sends you crying home

Or they’re just listening to the people who have actually watched him regularly (i.e PSG fans) who have said he’s a very limited player and wasn’t very good for them.

Or they're not listening to the other PSG fans on the PSG sub-reddit, the PSG equivalent of the Redcafe (Forum de Culture PSG), and ForumSCP, a a popular Portuguese Sporting forum who have also said that he's not a limited player and has been good for them.

Or they’re just listening to the people who have actually watched him regularly (i.e PSG fans) who have said he’s a very limited player and wasn’t very good for them.
Would you trust every United fan on their opinion of our players? You don’t think some fans underrate and other fans overrate the same players?

I trust this transfer a bit more than I would have a year ago, considering the heads in place at the club we have now. I’m hopeful the likes of Ashworth and Wilcox like this guy and think he’d fit well in our system, as well as ETH liking him.

It doesn’t feel like ETH and Murtough going after what ETH knows and it’s not Woodward collecting yet another peaked marquee name.

This transfer is beginning to remind me of constipation, pushing & pushing for days and everyone wants it to happen, but ultimately no movement.

Is Ugarte still "pushing like crazy"? If he's not pushing like crazy, like an absolute madman, I dont want him
Ugarte, current mood waiting for this transfer...

b8d7a72327efba7b8962e97be9399bf199-09-narcos-escobar.rsquare.w330.jpg

Why do people keep saying he’s not the profile of player we need?

Considering how many times the opposition are able to simply run in a straight line through our midfield, I would say it’s exactly the profile we need.

It should add some balance too and it allows us to play Casemiro and Ugarte together in the bigger matches
Because we need 2 different types of midfielders and neither are wrong but we can't get both so people disagree on the priority of who we need now.

Apart from the people who want "someone like rodri" and think that those players exist or are attainable

Because we need 2 different types of midfielders and neither are wrong but we can't get both so people disagree on the priority of who we need now.

Apart from the people who want "someone like rodri" and think that those players exist or are attainable
What type of midfielder would we need next to the ‘destroyer’ in that case? A creative Alonso/Carrick type?

And if that’s the case where does that leave Mainoo?

These aren’t argumentative questions to be clear, I genuinely don’t know what people think we need

Or they're not listening to the other PSG fans on the PSG sub-reddit, the PSG equivalent of the Redcafe (Forum de Culture PSG), and ForumSCP, a a popular Portuguese Sporting forum who have also said that he's not a limited player and has been good for them.
I'd say I definitely read some CulPSG posters think he's a little limited.

I heard he's putting a tag with his name, address and phone number on the suitcase as we speak.

Players of Rodri's "profile" do exist, but they are not his level, maybe 2 levels below. The likes of Zubimendi, Calhanoglu, Douglas Luiz etc.

Now in Ten Hag's current system they wont work. But under another manager, I see one of them pairing up with Mainoo and creating a formidable pair.

The thinking doesn’t make from some posters. It’s like you have two different issues we need to fix but they refuse to accept solution for one unless the solution for the 2nd problem is also found at the same time.

What type of midfielder would we need next to the ‘destroyer’ in that case? A creative Alonso/Carrick type?

And if that’s the case where does that leave Mainoo?

These aren’t argumentative questions to be clear, I genuinely don’t know what people think we need
Said it before but IMO we can look at a long term midfield 3 of Wharton at the base, Ugarte being box to box, Mainoo advanced. Wharton and Mainoo are both young so it's not the end of the world rotating them a bit as they develop along with Bruno as he ages, but long term Bruno is obviously not going to stay a key player given his age. Bruno is like a current bandaid to solve other issues but also unbalances us in other ways, but given where we are with our rebuild it's not an issue.

We can't get both Ugarte and Wharton now, so we get Ugarte first to rotate with Casemiro and Mainoo, and next summer replace Casemiro with Wharton. But profile wise it does take care of positioning, ball winning/work rate, press resistance, deep passing and players who can dictate the tempo, dribbling with the ball.. lots of developing to do for Mainoo and Wharton but they absolutely have the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.