Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
That loss has killed my enthusiasm for this. Just get it done.

Yeah it's a shame United couldn't concentrate for any extra 60 seconds. 4 points from 6. Plus Ugarte against Liverpool....ahh bloody United!

Gonna be another slog this season, and the extra 48 hours or so to get this deal done will mean he isn't ready for Sunday either.

So it's gonna be another restart after the internationals.

Still no Here we go from Romano or Ornstein bomba yet...I'm not 100% sure that this is happening yet, although it's looking likely.

He better not end up like Amrabat after every Caf member desperately wanted him too just because they saw a clip of him keeping pace with Mbappe and then taking the ball off him. And now nobody wants Amrabat back at the club

He better not end up like Amrabat after every Caf member desperately wanted him too just because they saw a clip of him keeping pace with Mbappe and then taking the ball off him. And now nobody wants Amrabat back at the club
Not a worry of that I don’t think. He’s become massively underrated on here without kicking a ball for us yet.

I would take Amrabat as a decent rotational option / stop-gap until an elite player in that position becomes available. Every good game Amrabat had at United in midfield last season was as part of a double-pivot if my memory serves me correctly, and that's how we've been playing this season too, and we've also only been looking at double-pivot midfield targets too. So now would be a much more sensible decision to get Amrabat in, opposed to last year, when we basically threw him into a suicidal setup with no midfield.

Wonder what formation we'll play if this goes through. Slightly joking here but we'll probably end up with a

4 -1 (enormous gap) 4 - 1

Edit - with Ugarte expected to cover a massive area as some kind of one man sweep up operation.

“He’s not what we need”

“He’s limited”

When the Caf experts say this…

How long have do you have to have been following United to realise YouTube highlights mean absolutely feck all? For me it took 1 Summer window.

How is his injury record? Wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a lot of injuries with that playing style in the PL.

He’s one of the best pressing midfielders in Europe. Like Fred and Mount. You can be sure most fans will be giving him shit in no time.

No, I don't watch player highlight videos because it's stupid to go by them.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they are stupid,. You can definitely get an idea of the players ability.

As long as your able to keep things in perspective.

In the case of tough away games where bruno is a false 9, how would casemiro-ugarte-mainoo look? It looks pretty good on paper. 3 players who might bring out the best of one another?

In the case of tough away games where bruno is a false 9, how would casemiro-ugarte-mainoo look? It looks pretty good on paper. 3 players who might bring out the best of one another?
I wouldn't play him as the false nine in such games if I have a Case-Ugarte-Mainoo midfield, I'd put him on the left, play Zirkzee through the middle and Garnacho on the right. That way you have the least ball secure players away from the middle but can use them for running in behind and supporting the full backs defensively.

Could work. But we’d get a lot of criticism if it didn’t. He’d be getting slated for being to negative and defensive

I really don't agree with a lot of the negativity around this potential signing.

His energy and tackling remind me of Gattuso which we are crying out for in midfield. If you are like me you remember the way AC Milan's midfield dominated us in the UCL in 2005 and Gattuso was an absolute monster/space eater against us.

The one thing to note though as others have mentioned is we will need a playmaker next to him such as Andre or FDJ to to get the balance right long term.

U-G-A
R-T-E

Limited player who’s twenty three

Not the profile we should be looking at, add ten mil sign Amrabat
Why do people keep saying he’s not the profile of player we need?

Considering how many times the opposition are able to simply run in a straight line through our midfield, I would say it’s exactly the profile we need.

It should add some balance too and it allows us to play Casemiro and Ugarte together in the bigger matches

Status
Not open for further replies.