Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so silly. Then don't sell him to us then. Clearly they want too and it's so boring as its been "close" for what feels like weeks now.

Deal is being reported as imminent. Anyone else think it may have been a better option to loan him then decide to buy if all went well?

I don't think his quality and potential is a question. I am beginning to like South American players. They play hard and with passion. Leaves us less reliant on Casemiro, whom by the way, is a good player. We shouldn't rely on Casemiro every week. I think he's more than capable of settling a game coming off the bend or playing a game or two in a row but not every single week.

The dept of the squad has drastically improved now. There should be a lot less injuries!

The question then arises why are we still pursuing him, is he the last midfielder on the planet?

Most likely bullshit. The longer this drags on, the weirder the stories would get.

We all know we are going to pay up, that's the United way. Let's get it over with.

Deal is being reported as imminent. Anyone else think it may have been a better option to loan him then decide to buy if all went well?

I don't think his quality and potential is a question. I am beginning to like South American players. They play hard and with passion. Leaves us less reliant on Casemiro, whom by the way, is a good player. We shouldn't rely on Casemiro every week. I think he's more than capable of settling a game coming off the bend or playing a game or two in a row but not every single week.

The dept of the squad has drastically improved now. There should be a lot less injuries!
That type of deal was probably never on the table. All the talk has been about a loan with an obligation to buy, not option.

We've signed a DM! It's not Ugarte though. We've just signed Sekou Kone according to Romano. 17 year old mali DM likened to a young Michael eissen or yaya toure

Been a big fan of his in the last five minutes, anyway, off to the Sekou Kone thread we go...

Pushed towards the exit by PSG, Ugarte should bounce back at Manchester United.There is still no agreement between the two clubs but the outcome is close and we seem to be heading towards a loan with a mandatory purchase option of around 60 M €

Every post is an update about how he is even closer than the last update an hour ago, which said he was so close.

Are they tracking him walking from Paris to Manchester?

Every post is an update about how he is even closer than the last update an hour ago, which said he was so close.

Are they tracking him walking from Paris to Manchester?

Not walking. They've lending him that silver horse from the Olympics, but first we have to agree on a fee for the rental.

I long for the old days when new signings were just dropped out of nowhere, while non-sense gossips ran amok. Nowadays, every ‘journos’ on the planet has a need to provide every update or non-update every five minutes. It’s the other type of nonsense, in a worse way.

People forget the importance of a dirty bastard in our midfield along with footballing abilities and let me remind you that we are signing an absolute shithouse. Time to repost that recent clip against Argentina where he calls De Paul a Messi cocksucker.

While I love that about him, I am somewhat worried about the absolute shitstorm we would be in if he did that in a Premier League game.

Bringing the game into disrepute, yadda yadda. It would most likely be -inadvertently- a gay player as well. Happy days...

Longest edge ever!
Nobodies edge will ever be longer than Frenkie De Jong’s.

The very first link was that he was set to sign for United, skipped all the “monitoring”. Looked like it was going to be out the blue. Then he stayed set to sign for a good 3 months before staying.

And I don’t think that particular saga is over either. If Ten Hag is still the manager in 10 months I think we will try to sign him again.

This saga is actually lasting the whole summer. I feel like Ugarte agreed personal terms in the same time as Branthwaite(like two months ago).

Has anyone on this thread actually seen this guy play regularly? And is he a good fit for what we need?

Have seen a lot of comments but no one actually confirming these 2 points.

Are we this close yet ? Can we make this the official Caf theme for a transfer at the VERY final stages please mods ?

Has anyone on this thread actually seen this guy play regularly? And is he a good fit for what we need?

Have seen a lot of comments but no one actually confirming these 2 points.
Absolutely not. Can I interest you in a bar chart?

My sources are saying that Ugarte is closest to Man Utd than he has ever been, however there is no agreement between Utd and PSG.

Maybe in fairy tale land... Why would PSG accept an option to buy? Unless the season long loan would be incredibly expensive, there's no way PSG will agree to a loan with an option to buy.... If PSG would loan him to United for cheap and include a reasonable buy option, then United would.be all over it.

That type of deal was probably never on the table. All the talk has been about a loan with an obligation to buy, not option.
That's true. I guess the buy now is a better option. If all the signings work out this season they might not need a huge amount of reinforcements next season. This is the ''building'' window I suppose. One that helps with the present but better for the future. Also, the younger ones like Mainoo and Garnacho will have another season of progression behind them. Like Mourihno said when mentioning City and Liverpool players, they are all investments of the past.

It was quoted earlier in this thread that, the owner didn't want to give Ratcliffe his way because of the Qatar bid not going through. It makes sense but don't know if that's true. If it is, it's very amateurish for a big club. Stuff like that will not be very encourage able for other big clubs to deal with them going forward.

While I love that about him, I am somewhat worried about the absolute shitstorm we would be in if he did that in a Premier League game.

Bringing the game into disrepute, yadda yadda. It would most likely be -inadvertently- a gay player as well. Happy days...

I'm petrified of him getting the Casemiro treatment by PL refs. Those cnuts will absolutely label a player and treat him unfairly

I'm petrified of him getting the Casemiro treatment by PL refs. Those cnuts will absolutely label a player and treat him unfairly
I certainly think it's inevitable that a tough tackling DM playing for us will be under the media microscope - and therefore, as is the intention, the referees microscope - far more than all the present ones for other clubs who mostly get away with it game after game.

We desperately need a player like that, and he looks the best available, so I'm eager to see him signed. But that's definitely going to be the issue that he faces playing for us more than if he joined another PL signed. Also, there's an old stigma / stereotype over here about 'Dirty Uruguayans', so I'm sure that'll be another thing working against him playing over here whenever he flies into the kind of tackles that so many other players regularly do and get away with. But when he does it, playing for United...

"Reluctant to sell to Ratcliffe" rumours make no sense to me.

He's a cast off. It's not like we're trying to poach one of their core players - we're bidding for a player they don't rate and want rid of.

If anything they should be extra keen to offload on to us.

"Reluctant to sell to Ratcliffe" rumours make no sense to me.

He's a cast off. It's not like we're trying to poach one of their core players - we're bidding for a player they don't rate and want rid of.

If anything they should be extra keen to offload on to us.

It's Duncan Castles nonsense, but if it wasn't I'd say the idea is they're reluctant to accept a lower price from Ratcliffe, rather than reluctant to sell at all.

Ugarte getting closer and closer, the ultimate edgelord of transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.