Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet after all the moaning in here, we don’t end up paying this €60m being touted today and it’s actually closer to what we are demanding.

The only one I trust for fees is Ornstein and he has been quiet on this, no? I will wait and see.

It’s being well advocated here that we don’t need to sell to buy. We are still within the PSR limits.
I haven't seen anyone say that who is as reliable as the Athletic podcast guys. If Ornstein says we don't need to sell to buy then I'll take it.
Yeah that’s obvious bollocks considering it’s an initial loan probably.
It's what they said. Makes sense if they want to keep the wage bill down too. We have too many players on the payroll, including ones who never actually play like Shaw.

Or he could just be a load of English hype and also have a bang average season this year.

I don't think anyone that's actually watched Wharton and rates him gives a feck about him being English. He's rated highly because players that excel in what he does well at that age are extremely difficult to find. Athletic, physical midfielders with excellent passing and IQ are gems that need to be snapped up quickly.

You still seem to be missing the point by an impressively large distance.

So what if some people thought Sancho was worth it at the time? Some didn’t. Just like some people think Ugarte is worth it and some don’t. There is no substantive difference between the two except for your entirely arbitrary opinion that one was worth it even though he ended up a flop, and one isn’t worth it even though we haven’t actually signed him yet, don’t know what the deal will be if we do, or how he will fit and and perform over time.

I got your point, it was simple and basic and my response was obvious but I will repeat it, many players are signed for huge fees simply because of the their potential or current ability, it's normal to say that a player is worth the fee at the time of the transfer, such player might then become a resounding success (e.g. CR7 to Madrid) or a huge flop (e.g. Coutinho to Barca) or anything in between, those opinions at the time are based many factors mostly potential, current ability and demand.

Just in this summer window, I think Yoro is worth the total €70M the club stumped for him, or Sancho when he was signed, many people looked at this performances with BvB and thought he can do it here, on the other hand we all thought Antony was not worth the €95m, he could've been a success and we might have thought well he was worth it retrospectively because he did well.

For Ugarte, obviously we are going by what's reported and we will see how it goes when the deal is concluded, but if the reports are to be believed (PSG demanding €70M or €60M and us accepting a deal worth that much) then I think it's an overpayment, some posters think that way and others don't and that's ok.

Anyway nothing is confirmed now so our discussion might be moot.

People forget the importance of a dirty bastard in our midfield along with footballing abilities and let me remind you that we are signing an absolute shithouse. Time to repost that recent clip against Argentina where he calls De Paul a Messi cocksucker.

5 game ban if he does that playing for us..

I haven't seen anyone say that who is as reliable as the Athletic podcast guys. If Ornstein says we don't need to sell to buy then I'll take it.

It's what they said. Makes sense if they want to keep the wage bill down too. We have too many players on the payroll, including ones who never actually play like Shaw.
Didn't the Athletic say we had £50million to spend this summer bar player sales?

So did Orstein actually say we need to sell to buy?

Bring me some “Garra Charrúa” to Manchester United. We missed that spirit for so long.

You can find floor-raisers for 25m and reasonable wages. I love those types of signings, especially early on in a team's project. Paying 51m for a player who's arguably worth closer to 25m than 51m is not a "very good" signing. Even if he raises the floor, the ceiling is limited.

I reckon you need to chill mate. United need to make this signing this summer. The better value can come in subsequent windows

You can find floor-raisers for 25m and reasonable wages. I love those types of signings, especially early on in a team's project. Paying 51m for a player who's arguably worth closer to 25m than 51m is not a "very good" signing. Even if he raises the floor, the ceiling is limited.
With every post you make you keep reducing his market value. What’s your reasoning or calculation for coming up with these imaginary “market value” numbers?

Can't wait for the Martinez / Urgate shithousery with a splash of Bruno on the side for good measure.

Manuel Ugarte ever closer to Manchester United
The outcome is near but at this time there is still no total agreement between PSG and Manchester United
Paris Saint-Germain wants 60M € .
A loan with purchase option is also being studied

Closer than eva!!!

I dont really believe this.
Quite funny if true though.

Duncan Castles

I wouldn’t believe that albino cream egg if he told me we were signing Zirkzee this summer, and I watched him score the winner last Friday.

I dont really believe this.
Quite funny if true though.

Castles has wrote negative stuff about us ever since Mourinho was sacked, admittedly doesn't feel quite so close as Romano gave the impression earlier

Ugarte will probably improve us. But from everything I've seen so far, he's a floor-raiser with a limited ceiling. This has been my point ever since we've been linked with him. He's far too expensive for what he provides, both short-term and especially long-term. Wages will be high too.
No single player will transform Manchester United. Again, this is not the super man films. Ugarte is a quality player with specific skills which will be added to the central midfield. United need to bring more quality in, it is constant work. It seems a lot of people can't process this simple logic.

I'm not really seeing what some are getting making the same relentlessly negative posts over and over again. Surely it's not making them feel any better?
Some are clearly trolls and others act as if they are footing the bill for the transfers and their wages. FM has truly ruined reality for some people.

Whats wrong with you two? That’s quite clearly not the point I was making

I’m saying Athletic are the most reliable ones I’ve seen comment on it either way

Stop dishing out your frustration. I was just sharing what I heard
What frustration? :lol:

I'm happy we're signing Ugarte

Interesting that this deal no longer seems dependent on finding a buyer for McTominay. If true, then it is just possible that if (perhaps a big "if") we can find buyers for Eriksen and McTominay, it might just facilitate an additional incoming player. My preference would be for another midfielder, but I could see the argument for LB/#9.

Whats wrong with you two? That’s quite clearly not the point I was making

I’m saying Athletic are the most reliable ones I’ve seen comment on it either way

Stop dishing out your frustration. I was just sharing what I heard
I think you’re the one frustrated mate. I just asked a question.

Sounds like bollocks.
Sounds a bit believable, actually. Would explain why PSG have been so bullish. Castles is normally a spoofer but on Mendes clients he does have a scoop some times.

Punching above their weight there the same way they were when they tried it with Real

Status
Not open for further replies.