Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in the thread earlier and I'd love to see a double pivot of Neves and Ugarte.. I like the idea of bringing Alex Scott in also.. get a bit more young English in the squad.

I also thought Bruno looked incredible in the False 9... could be the way forward.

If we tried to sell Onana or Mount right now, how much do you think we'd get?
We wouldn't sell them. PSG may be of the same opinion but from what I've read they are open to the idea. 40m will probably get it done.

We wouldn't sell them. PSG may be of the same opinion but from what I've read they are open to the idea. 40m will probably get it done.

Yup and thats why we're where we are.

We wouldn't have sold many of our players in the first year, and we're now stuck with em.

Ugarte would be a fantastic signing for us I think, but PSG don't think he fits their style and are ruthless, we just hold, hold, hold

I said in the thread earlier and I'd love to see a double pivot of Neves and Ugarte.. I like the idea of bringing Alex Scott in also.. get a bit more young English in the squad.

I also thought Bruno looked incredible in the False 9... could be the way forward.

What happens to Mainoo?

Not after 1 year. Maybe when their contracts are coming to an end. Doesn’t he have something like 5 years left ?
Yes and hes been warming the bench for the past 3 months

We’ll get absolutely nowhere if we think we are going to turn this squad into an all conquering one with only 25m signings. And because I doubt we are that deluded, I doubt this is all true at all.
We won't get anywhere paying the Man United tax either.

We finally need to replace Fred after how we stupidly got rid of a single capable b2b who could press and run for more than 30minutes. Unlike the army of zombies.. so if we can have him for 40-50 while getting rid of dross like McT and Eriksen, I will be happy...

I get that.. but they might not want to half what they paid for him, they’re not strapped for cash. They will more than likely want their money back or there abouts.

Qatar isn’t but PSG still have to meet ffp obligations. And they’re rumoured to be looking at a lot of expensive players, presumably as a cope for losing Mbappe.

I get that.. but they might not want to half what they paid for him, they’re not strapped for cash. They will more than likely want their money back or there abouts.
So you would make your first bid 50m?…. Seems smart

Why are we upset at starting bidding low? It’s called negotiation. Some people will get upset at anything round here…

Based on his initial fee, ffp amort, wages, and fit for PSG, feels like a good deal is 32-35m and 5-7m in add-ons. If we want him, we can get there

Why are we upset at starting bidding low? It’s called negotiation. Some people will get upset at anything round here…

Based on his initial fee, ffp amort, wages, and fit for PSG, feels like a good deal is 32-35m and 5-7m in add-ons. If we want him, we can get there

Just seems odd that PSG would sell for less than they paid just a year on.

he doesn’t get wrecked playing 50 games a season

Let me alter my question then.

Lets say we were to get Neves and Ugarte, along with Mainoo, who would be you first choice pivot out of the aforementioned players?

I think it's quite clear who it would be, as you stated you'd ''love to see a double pivot of Neves and Ugarte'', but I'd love to hear your opinion. And before you say, it depends on the game, lets imagine we have a cup final being played, who would you pick?

Lets say we were to get Neves and Ugarte, along with Mainoo, who would be you first choice pivot out of the aforementioned players?

I think it's quite clear who it would be, as you stated you'd ''love to see a double pivot of Neves and Ugarte'', but I'd love to hear your opinion. And before you say, it depends on the game, lets imagine we have a cup final being played, who would you pick?
We won't be getting both though

Man I hope this one goes through. Cracking player who is just the kind of bite we need in midfield. Fingers crossed.

Regardless of who the signings are, we should rotate 3 players for 2 spots if we do this formation - that’s pretty standard. He should not be starting every game as a teenager anyway.

Of course, but as a manager, you always have your first choice starting XI. I was just intrigued as to find out what the poster would do with Mainoo.

With that being said, it's hardly realistic when you consider we have McTominay, Mount and Bruno, who can all play in those 8/10 positions, whether we agree with it or not.

Not a chance we get both, none. We buy one DM and then a lot other positions to fill.

Agree being alongside Mainoo is not the same as Valverde. But then, the issue would be Mainoo.

If we expect him to develop into someone capable of playing in a double pivot, then Ugarte is as solid an all-terrain partner as we could get for him. That's where I'm at. Not overly optimistic, but it would be criminal to give up on it altogether.

If we don't, then Mainoo should play further up, be it alongside Bruno or with him as false 9, with Rashford and Garnacho either side.

In that scenario our most credible candidate for the two double pivot slots is Amrabat. God, I miss Djemba-Djemba, two birds one stone.

It would more likely have to be a three man midfield with a single pivot, in which case I'd have Ugarte over Amrabat. I don't not rate him, but I wouldn't go into the season with that as Plan A.

I can see Ugarte and Licha working pretty well together and would be more focused on getting the right CB partner than another midfielder for a double pivot.

agree with all that

The players that are performing the best? If Mainoo crumbles because of competition, then he's not the player we want him to be.

You can't win without a deep squad.

Zaire Emery to step up?

Okay and how exactly are we going to sign him?

Seems like we are very skint. Putting bids in for players at 25m. I mean it shows we don’t want to get robbed from now on but I highly doubt we’re signing anyone under 50m nowadays unless they have a release clause.

It's a matter of time until we're scraping the barrel or we're having to shell out money we clearly don't want to/ can't spend. It's all well and good Ineos thinking they can just stop paying top money, but that doesn't mean other clubs will play ball. We'll probably shell out for him but in other areas I expect we'll lower our sights.

Disagree with this. If those numbers are real (and let's be honest I'm sure they're plucked out of thin air), then I think an initial £25m bid is fine. Next bid will be £30m plus add-ons, lots of press, player now really sitting with the idea, his agent perhaps starting to exert some pressure. Probably we end up with £35-40m plus add-ons, which is a sensible reduction of their initial £50m starting position. And in my opinion, good value for Ugarte.

Precisely.

The second we go do something silly like pay over the top for a player again, all these posters claiming we’re skint or are incompetent by putting in a 25m offer (if real) will flip their tone to claiming we overspent and got bent over a barrel.

We always act as though we’re unilaterally in control of the situation. Don’t forget, the other side matters. Either we pay the (excessive) asking price or they will shop the player. If we want to stop paying over the top, we must be OK with and capable of winning in a competitive transfer market. Sound negotiation is a good start, but we’ll obviously need to improve at selling the project, culture, facilities, etc.

This is not some secretive market, folks. Everyone has Fabrizio’s number and will use it if there’s a financial incentive to do so. In this case, we’re almost certainly seeing this news cause either PSG or the player’s camp wants us to.

Every midfield trio needs the passer - creator - destroyer combo. We will have that with this signing: mainoo - Fernandes - ugarte

That's a good midfield trio

Most players we buy we'd happily sell for half what we paid

Thats because we buy players and then they flop. He played plenty and did well for a £50 million signing in their first season and remains PSG's only defensive minded midfielder. Danilo is 32, nowhere near as good and was converted to play CB. So unless they are signing a new DM and want to raise funds its an unrealistic transfer

Thats because we buy players and then they flop. He played plenty and did well for a £50 million signing in their first season and remains PSG's only defensive minded midfielder. Danilo is 32, nowhere near as good and was converted to play CB. So unless they are signing a new DM and want to raise funds its an unrealistic transfer
They already replaced him in the 11

Status
Not open for further replies.