Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my book. Casemiro on his day is a better player. He's not an elite #6, nor will he ever be, but that's just my opinion. I dont see him as our long term starting #6, if we have PL aspirations.
His day was when he was playing for Madrid.

We've struggled to score goals for a while. Hopefully it starts changing but i dont see a casemiro, ugarte midfield helping in the slightest. Its a signing we need because Casemiro cant play 50+ games

We've struggled to score goals for a while. Hopefully it starts changing but i dont see a casemiro, ugarte midfield helping in the slightest. Its a signing we need because Casemiro cant play 50+ games
Neither can Mainoo, so I'd actually like an additional midfielder.

What does Ugarte have to do to secure a transfer now? Probably hand in a request.

He would definitely do that if necessary
He does not need to as he is not in the future plans of PSG.
It is so obvious they just want to recoup as much money as they can to cover the purchase of Neves.
I hope we stick to our guns and pay the price that we want to pay and not be bullied by these cnuts.

Definitely looks very much like if we can sell McTominay/Sancho then will be permanent deal, if not then it will be a loan with obligation to buy. This is probably the main reason it could go right until the last days of window

Neither can Mainoo, so I'd actually like an additional midfielder.
Yeah, me too. Mount can play in the same position and shouldn't hurt us as far as goalscoring goes though.
Ugarte is kind of overkill as cover to be fair but giving him a year or two to settle before he needs to replace casemiro and the extra insurance against casemiro going into decline early make it easy enough to justify imo.
In an ideal world i'd target a carrick like player who's good defensively but in a different, more complimentary way. Carrick isn't on the market though, Ugarte is and he's probably good enough to play for us which is rare enough.

Definitely looks very much like if we can sell McTominay/Sancho then will be permanent deal, if not then it will be a loan with obligation to buy. This is probably the main reason it could go right until the last days of window

I doubt those two will move.

His day was when he was playing for Madrid.
He was our best player last week.

He still can perform once a week(like how we used Scholes/Giggs), and if he can capture his 22/23 form, he would be hard to drop.

We still need Ugarte(or someone), but my point was I dont see Ugarte as a elite DM, like peak Casemiro. Ideally I would like someone who has a higher ceiling, both on and off the ball, hence why so many here are still eyeing Wharton next summer. Ofcourse Ugarte has the potential to be a top player, but he's also fighting flop allegations at PSG at the moment.

Yeah, me too. Mount can play in the same position and shouldn't hurt us as far as goalscoring goes though.
Ugarte is kind of overkill as cover to be fair but giving him a year or two to settle before he needs to replace casemiro and the extra insurance against casemiro going into decline early make it easy enough to justify imo.
In an ideal world i'd target a carrick like player who's good defensively but in a different, more complimentary way. Carrick isn't on the market though, Ugarte is and he's probably good enough to play for us which is rare enough.
Completely agree! Hope we start the groundwork for the "Carrick" type right away

He was our best player last week.

He still can perform once a week(like how we used Scholes/Giggs), and if he can capture his 22/23 form, he would be hard to drop.

We still need Ugarte(or someone), but my point was I dont see Ugarte as a elite DM, like peak Casemiro. Ideally I would like someone who has a higher ceiling, both on and off the ball, hence why so many here are still eyeing Wharton next summer. Ofcourse Ugarte has the potential to be a top player, but he's also fighting flop allegations at PSG at the moment.
We were at home against Fulham whom had sold their best player (midfielder) by far last season and we dominated possession.
I think and believe me I hope I am wrong that when we play any of the teams that are top ten or thereabouts we will quickly see the Casemiro of last season.
And while I think Casemiro had a good game Harry was our best player last week.

Good passing stats, I do not expect him to be a masterful passer that dictates the game like Kroos or Carrick, his value is in his ball winning ability and ensuring we don't get run through centrally, but we also need him to be decently proficient in passing to allow the team to control the game, which seems he is more than capable of being so.

Hope this doesnt become a case of us overlooking the negatives/potential warning signs just because we want a signing in(eg : Sancho). It seems like our alternatives have all moved now(Berge, Fofana), so its all or nothing now. Hope we can get a here we go today.

We were at home against Fulham whom had sold their best player (midfielder) by far last season and we dominated possession.
I think and believe me I hope I am wrong that when we play any of the teams that are top ten or thereabouts we will quickly see the Casemiro of last season.
And while I think Casemiro had a good game Harry was our best player last week.
He had a good game vs City too. Think our formation this season hides his flaws more, and he looks 5kgs lighter.

My point was basically about Ugarte's ceiling though, and I used peak Casemiro as a benchmark(and not that we are currently seeing peak Casemiro). You can use Rodri, Fabinho or any other top #6 too if you like.

He had a good game vs City too. Think our formation this season hides his flaws more, and he looks 5kgs lighter.

My point was basically about Ugarte's ceiling though, and I used peak Casemiro as a benchmark(and not that we are currently seeing peak Casemiro). You can use Rodri, Fabinho or any other top #6 too if you like.
Casemiro does look fitter and maybe the dropping of him in the Final last season was a wake up call to really get his act together...I hope so.

We could have easily signed Fofana/Berge if we wanted to, I think it was just a smoke screen to bring down Ugarte transfer fees.

I believe this one is in our bag and we are playing it cool, its a sure thing especially Mendes is working on this.

We could have got Neves but I dont think we were too serious as we already have Mainoo and probably looking for a pure DM in Ugarte mould.

Just a matter of time.

We need both speed and creation on the wings. Currently, Amad has potentially both and Rashford/Garnacho have speed and goal threat.

A midfielder on the wings won‘t work for us, it would take speed out of our transitions. It is something we do when there are injuries.

Anyway, our midfielders are drifting out to wings a lot to form overloads with the wingers and fullbacks, so I don‘t see the issue.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily the best idea of all time, I'm saying that I would be curious to see Mainoo evolve on the left side. Garnacho is currently limited against the low blocks and Rashford should play in Turkey or Qatar.

Weird that all our eggs seems to be in the Ugarte basket. He looks like an okay player, not a must have world beater.

What are the chances that this all ends in another Amrabat loan on deadline day?

Can someone help me here

Not being purposely awkward. I genuinely don’t understand..

Why do I keep reading things like “hopeful it can get done before the deadline” from various sources.

Why wouldn’t they be able to do it before the deadline? The language being used is what you normally only get when there’s a few hours left on deadline day and a club tries to rush through a deal. United and PSG have plenty of time. Why do I keep reading it as if there’s so much to do or so little time?

We must get him!!!!

To play him and Casemiro in some matches will be very important.

Mainoo needs some rest too.

Weird that all our eggs seems to be in the Ugarte basket. He looks like an okay player, not a must have world beater.

What are the chances that this all ends in another Amrabat loan on deadline day?
He's better than an okay player, he has obvious, elite ball winning qualities for a midfielder. Something we have missed in our midfield since we sold Fred.

Fred was a good player, but you couldn't trust him in possession and had the penchant for an absolute howler of a performance every now and again. If you offered me a Fred-like player, who's better in possession, I'd snap your hand off.

It’s no different to the De Ligt “saga”. Selling club want to sell, player only wants to come to us, selling club wants to get as much money as possible so will hold out for as long as possible.

Eventually they will fold and we will get the player for close to what we want because they’re not going to want to be stuck with him for another year.

Reading this thread is wild. He's either a very good DM or, an extremely limited footballer who was a massive failure at PSG.

He's better than an okay player, he has obvious, elite ball winning qualities for a midfielder. Something we have missed in our midfield since we sold Fred.

Fred was a good player, but you couldn't trust him in possession and had the penchant for an absolute howler of a performance every now and again. If you offered me a Fred-like player, who's better in possession, I'd snap your hand off.

I can't claim to have seen much of him but from the clips he looks rather underwhelming. Always chasing the ball rather than being positionally sound & making interceptions; the kind of player I have seen and like at United.

As for comparisons to Fred, we might see the same limitations that we saw with Fred in regards to his vision and passing. Fred was good at harrying the opposition off the ball but left much to be desired when he was on the ball. In fact, Fred looked more accomplished on the ball when you look at his clips from Shakhtar or if you saw one or two of his CL performances.

However, like I said, I haven't seen much of him so can't be definite in dismissing or hyping him. I am sure you have seen him more than I have. I hope he turns out every bit as good as people seem to think as he looks to be out #1 target and there is no one even half good that we are linked with.

In all honesty, there hasn't been any breaking news in these last weeks. It's the same shit being regurgitated all over...

But as long as it isn't bad news, I'm all for it...

This is 100% happen. Think I’m most excited about this transfer. I just love a quality DM and think it’s very vital to how teams play.

More about finishing now. I’m going to look at this season a game at a time but so far the issue is how clinical we are. Last game, Bruno had 2 one on ones, Mount had a one on one, Garnacho had the one on one after the pass from Rashford, Case had a free header in a good position about 3m out…We scored none of those chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.