Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Casemiro is fit throughout the season, we desperately need options for tactical reasons. We must be able to change the balance of the team.

Been thinking this myself. On current form would he even start?

I think this would absolutely have been the case when Joel Glazer called the shots

I don’t think it’ll happen now for that reason

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see the deal not materialise. But it wouldn’t be for that reason IMO

I think this would absolutely have been the case when Joel Glazer called the shots

I don’t think it’ll happen now for that reason

I still wouldn’t be surprised to see the deal not materialise. But it wouldn’t be for that reason IMO

Be disappointed for him if it doesn't because much like others this summer he's really pushing for move

Last edited:
I'm not convinced by one performance, especially after last season. We definitely need another ball winner.

There were many moments in the Fulham game, where I thought it was same old, same old.

Really hope this is just tactics from INEOS, would take Berge but only in addition to him not instead of

Briefing a couple of journos that Casemiros good form makes Ugarte less of an essential purchase is exactly what a serious club would do when working to have PSG lower their asking price.
I reckon they'll accept Uniteds previous offer with like an extra 3 mill in add ons right at end of window as Ugarte seems willing to push it

Dont get the does he play or get signed when we have Casemiro. Charity shield he was decent but there were also lots of incidents wherehe was exposed.

Against Fulham with Mount/Fernandes we seemed to be pushing him further forward but were several instances we were massively exposed boh with the tactids andlack of legs, especially whenMount went off.

We rally shouldn be adapting toprotet andet the best out of Casemiro...its notjust form he lost.

WhetherUgare is the answer I am not convinced fromwhat I have seen of him, but we definaely need a midfield signing, still feel two personally

Dont get the does he play or get signed when we have Casemiro. Charity shield he was decent but there were also lots of incidents wherehe was exposed.

Against Fulham with Mount/Fernandes we seemed to be pushing him further forward but were several instances we were massively exposed boh with the tactids andlack of legs, especially whenMount went off.

We rally shouldn be adapting toprotet andet the best out of Casemiro...its notjust form he lost.

WhetherUgare is the answer I am not convinced fromwhat I have seen of him, but we definaely need a midfield signing, still feel two personally

We definitely need two but just can't see it

I reckon if McTominay and Pellistri leave we could see this transfer move faster. I think part of the issue is PSG playing hardball and us taking it easy since we still need a few outs to facilitate the transfer.

If the outgoings happen we should be able to find a compromise with PSG.

I reckon if McTominay and Pellistri leave we could see this transfer move faster. I think part of the issue is PSG playing hardball and us taking it easy since we still need a few outs to facilitate the transfer.

If the outgoings happen we should be able to find a compromise with PSG.

Pellistri definitely moving as Romano talking about final stages which is a good sign

Last edited:
I only hope that the Saudis watched the Fulham game and will now come in for Casemiro!

Casemiro was good in term of his involvement in chances that we created vs Fulham but I didn’t think Casemiro was even that good defensively in that game. And we need someone who is good defensively and able to cover lot of grounds to play next to Mainoo but also able to retain possession or not giving the ball away cheaply.

There will be games where we will play Casemiro - Ugarte - Bruno, and there would be games where the midfield will be Ugarte - Mainoo - Bruno.

So, he will definitely play, which will provide much needed rest for old Casemiro and young Mainoo. Scott was not able to play the Casemiro role, nor Mainoo's, so we were not able to rotate players. There will also be a background thought in his mind that Casemiro might be playing his last season at United, and that he can take over from him.

If he is good as the numbers show, and we can afford him on normal wages and fee, I'm all for him.

There will be games where we will play Casemiro - Ugarte - Bruno, and there would be games where the midfield will be Ugarte - Mainoo - Bruno.

So, he will definitely play, which will provide much needed rest for old Casemiro and young Mainoo. Scott was not able to play the Casemiro role, nor Mainoo's, so we were not able to rotate players. There will also be a background thought in his mind that Casemiro might be playing his last season at United, and that he can take over from him.

If he is good as the numbers show, and we can afford him on normal wages and fee, I'm all for him.

Right, I don't get the tweet. Last season showed us why rotating and depth is so important. We're still one injury away from total collapse in midfield.

He’d compliment both Casemiro and Mainoo better than they do each other.

would be brilliant if we could sell both Pellestri and McT....would give us the ability to buy Ugarte and possibly one more player

He'd be played alongside Casemiro who would probably have more of an opportunity to break forward. Mainoo is a fantastic talent but he's still learning some aspects of the game and this would make us a bit more solid in tougher games.

would be brilliant if we could sell both Pellestri and McT....would give us the ability to buy Ugarte and possibly one more player
It would be brilliant if the Saudis would come and buy Casemiro and take his wages off our books and then we could get a younger more dynamic DM in and then integrate Collyer into the first team as his backup....that is called building a team.

Jules is useless and overly negative when it comes to United, and creams himself over Arsenal at every opportunity. Not a journalist whose view should be taken seriously.

Not sure how good Ugarte is but Casemiro is way below the level required. People are being misled by a decent to good performance here and there. Well struggle in the middle of the park of Casemiro is our main DM.

It would be brilliant if the Saudis would come and buy Casemiro and take his wages off our books and then we could get a younger more dynamic DM in and then integrate Collyer into the first team as his backup....that is called building a team.

Yeah hopefully Eriksen and Hannibal too
I'd rather get rid of Eriksen than Casemiro to be honest....ship him out along with Pellestri and McT

that would allow us to buy Ugarte and probably another player while keeping the experience of Casemiro despite his big wages

Eriksen and those two other guys are clearly surpluss to requirements and Collyer clearly could learn from a guy liek Case and he'd only have to play once a week to keep his legs under him

A bit off topic but whatever happened to Lars Bender/ Sven Bender? Did they ever move to big clubs?

A bit off topic but whatever happened to Lars Bender/ Sven Bender? Did they ever move to big clubs?
They both reunited at Bayer Leverkusen and ended their career together at the same time a couple of years ago, to play for some Amateur Club. So the biggest club was Dortmund and Leverkusen respectively.

If I remember correctly they both git injury-prone as they got older.

I appreciate the club standing firm on not paying €60M or whatever PSG are demanding for Ugarte, it works in the club's favor that Ugarte wants the move and Enrique is not counting on him so the our position is strong here, even if the club do not sign him this summer, the club really needs to build a reputation that they no longer overpay because clubs know United wants the player, the club will only overpay when it suits the club and to blow competition out of water (Yoro), we got De Ligt & Mazraoui on for fee that the club deemed fair, Zirkzee had a release clause that was not high so the club was able to negotiate a slightly higher fee paid out in installments, it is start and hopefully it continues that way, I am not saying the club will not overpay in the future, they did it this summer with Yoro, but there is a reason to overpay as this player's potential is very high, but what I hope to be case is that club signs players for a fee that they deem fair and be able to walk away (Jarrad) when the we are priced out and find an alternative.

I appreciate the club standing firm on not paying €60M or whatever PSG are demanding for Ugarte, it works in the club's favor that Ugarte wants the move and Enrique is not counting on him so the our position is strong here, even if the club do not sign him this summer, the club really needs to build a reputation that they no longer overpay because clubs know United wants the player, the club will only overpay when it suits the club and to blow competition out of water (Yoro), we got De Ligt & Mazraoui on for fee that the club deemed fair, Zirkzee had a release clause that was not high so the club was able to negotiate a slightly higher fee paid out in installments, it is start and hopefully it continues that way, I am not saying the club will not overpay in the future, they did it this summer with Yoro, but there is a reason to overpay as this player's potential is very high, but what I hope to be case is that club signs players for a fee that they deem fair and be able to walk away (Jarrad) when the we are priced out and find an alternative.
Totally agreed on principle. The practical issue is to find the right alternative, so as to not get stuck with deadwood later on (that ultimately would cost the club more than just paying slightly more for Ugarte now). Or worse, ending up with no alternative at all, relying in Casemiro/Collyer/someone like Amrabat on loan for yet another miserable season, missing out on CL, etc. just to save a few million on Ugarte.

I genuinely hope Ineos has a plan. The Branthwaite/Yoro/De Ligt moves gave me a lot more confidence that they do. Still, it’s rather a dangerous game to play.

I believe that this will happen as long as we move a couple on and agree the right price / structure. We look to be focused on this transfer. The only alternative I can see is Rabiot on a free - not a like for like but with no transfer fee, a cheaper alternative (overall) providing signing on fee and wages aren’t stupid.

I expect this to happen before the end of the window and although we’d all like it done ASAP, that likely means paying more than we’d like to, so I’m willing to see Ineos stretch it out another week. We have to be stronger in the market and waiting should bring the power towards us in negotiations.

Jules is useless and overly negative when it comes to United, and creams himself over Arsenal at every opportunity. Not a journalist whose view should be taken seriously.

Not sure how good Ugarte is but Casemiro is way below the level required. People are being misled by a decent to good performance here and there. Well struggle in the middle of the park of Casemiro is our main DM.
Yep, I've always thought the same. It's such a knee-jerk comment to a good Casemiro performance. Of course we need Ugarte. We need him desperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.