Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: ....looks like he's bidding his time until the move is done
Hopefully he doesn't do a Gerrard first game walks on the pitch, lunges into a challenge into Herrera red card and off.

Ugarte will quickly become a fan favourite I think, and his passing isn't bad and will improve with coaching.

I think Ugarte will be at United before the end of the window.

Fair enough if you don’t want Ugarte but I’m sick of seeing this guy mentioned. He’s never in his entire career looked good enough for a top side that’s why he will be playing his third season of Championship football

Absolute bizarre link to a player a million miles away from a top 6 team it’s fecking ridiculous

It's wild how we get linked to a random player then all of a sudden fans keep dropping their name like they are the perfect player for us.

Fair enough if you don’t want Ugarte but I’m sick of seeing this guy mentioned. He’s never in his entire career looked good enough for a top side that’s why he will be playing his third season of Championship football

Absolute bizarre link to a player a million miles away from a top 6 team it’s fecking ridiculous
It’s amazing how many posters went haywire and said he is definitely the answer to our #6 issue as soon as he was linked but didn’t mention a word about him before hand. It’s so bizarre.

It's wild how we get linked to a random player then all of a sudden fans keep dropping their name like they are the perfect player for us.

It's crazy there are genuine people on here who would have McKenna as manager and Berge running the midfield I feel like my head is going to explode from the madness

Like Ugarte? Or Amrabat last year?

Ugarte isn't a random player.

Amrabat's stocks were high after the World Cup, and it was a clear bargain bin option.

To pretend they are the same to Sander Berge is just funny.

Amrabat's stocks were high after the World Cup, and it was a clear bargain bin option.

He is just pessimistic about every signing and then claims he is right about them IF they don’t work out. Don’t bother.

Ugarte x United fans:

well-were-waiting-sarcastic.gif

Loads have convinced themsleves Ugarte is the answer as he's the player we've been most linked with. You were probably one of those saying Amrabat was a must sign last summer and look how that turned out.

Foreign signings that most have barely seen are always more hyped on here.

Every player is different, this ain’t math, you can’t extrapolate the past to the future. Ugarte will be here and he will be amazing!!

Would love a deadline day transfer. Haven't had one of those since Berbatov?
We've had quite a few in recent years since tbf:

Fellaini, Blind, Martial, Telles, Pellestri, Cavani, Ronaldo 2.0 and Antony were all deadline day deals

I am Ugarte in. I think he's got the skillset for what we need at the price we can afford. However I can understand why INEOS might pull the plug out of the deal. First of all what PSG are asking is outrageous. Secondly there's deficiencies in Ugarte's game that might see him slot in a squad player role. It only takes Mainoo not developing the way we think he's developing and voila we've got a problem. There's also rumors that INEOS might dip in the transfer market for a better midfielder in 12 months time once McT, Eriksen and Casemiro leave the club (Wharton is being mentioned)

Ugarte is the better player however Berge would slot better in the squad player role so to speak. I also believe that the championship is an underrated league tbh. Sure its nowhere near as technical as the EPL is but in some aspects (ex pace, tempo and physicality) its very similar to the EPL

To conclude I prefer seeing us signing Ugarte. However the terms (fee and salary) must be right.

I am Ugarte in. I think he's got the skillset for what we need at the price we can afford. However I can understand why INEOS might pull the plug out of the deal. First of all what PSG are asking is outrageous. Secondly there's deficiencies in Ugarte's game that might see him slot in a squad player role. It only takes Mainoo not developing the way we think he's developing and voila we've got a problem. There's also rumors that INEOS might dip in the transfer market for a better midfielder in 12 months time once McT, Eriksen and Casemiro leave the club (Wharton is being mentioned)

Ugarte is the better player however Berge would slot better in the squad player role so to speak. I also believe that the championship is an underrated league tbh. Sure its nowhere near as technical as the EPL is but in some aspects (ex pace, tempo and physicality) its very similar to the EPL

To conclude I prefer seeing us signing Ugarte. However the terms (fee and salary) must be right.
But good to see Ineos know this?

If we can get him for 40m or less, buy… if not, look at alternatives… if no value there, wait til next season. All seems planned and calm.

As opposed to the morons we used to have who did stupid things like paying over Fellainis release clause

We should still be looking to dip into the market for midfielder next year even if we sign him

The way you're speaking about Ugarte makes me think you know nothing about him and are just upset he isn't a creative passer, even though our team lacks am energetic ball winner.
I was thinking more along the lines of Berge's agent, or cousin.

We lack control in midfield
It’s anarchy at times in the middle of the park when we’re playing. We need someone who can dictate play, calm things down and make us tick.

Not sure if an aggressive ball winner is the solution.
I think he is far from being someone who will "make us tick" but he sure as feck calms things down. He is very astute and aware, an intelligent player who isn't just muscle and fire in his belly.

I said it months ago, I think he has qualities which would allow him to mature into someone like Deschamps with the right coaching.

I think we'll get Ugarte and he'll be great for us. If his ability to win the ball and shut down attacks before they get troublesome isn't overblown i think he'll be a very nice addition to the team. Based off what I've seen of him as well he can at least carry the ball to beat a press unlike current Casemiro who's very static.

He doesn't have to be an elite passer, imo we've got enough of that in the first XI. Players like Martinez, Fernandes, Dalot, Shaw (when fit) and imo Mazraoui as well are capable of pinging the ball around the pitch. Mainoo and both fullbacks are more than capable of getting into midfield and helping with the build up play. Just let Ugarte be the bulldog in midfield, if he's half as good as a Casemiro at his peak then he'll be a great signing. I think he'll be in a Man Utd shirt by next Saturday.

Can't wait. Palhinha would have been a smashing player for us when the Sporting fans on here were clamouring for us to sign him to play ahead of Fred and McT. The same key ones have been saying that Ugarte is the better player who beat Palhinha for a starting spot.

It still blows my mind that so many posters claim he isn't press resistant nor creative (for a tenacious DM).

Have the same posters thought about how we'll out-compete Pep if we use a similar system without the same quality of players at his disposal? Because by insisting for the likes of Zubimendi and so on we're just going to be City-lite.

Would love a deadline day transfer. Haven't had one of those since Berbatov?

I would but either a second midfielder who can play 6/8 or a LB, want this one to be wrapped up in time for Brighton. Worrying we keep seeing tweets about this will be done by Aug 30 or by deadline. Suggests to me there is still a lot to work to do for this to be sorted

I think we'll get Ugarte and he'll be great for us. If his ability to win the ball and shut down attacks before they get troublesome isn't overblown i think he'll be a very nice addition to the team. Based off what I've seen of him as well he can at least carry the ball to beat a press unlike current Casemiro who's very static.

He doesn't have to be an elite passer, imo we've got enough of that in the first XI. Players like Martinez, Fernandes, Dalot, Shaw (when fit) and imo Mazraoui as well are capable of pinging the ball around the pitch. Mainoo and both fullbacks are more than capable of getting into midfield and helping with the build up play. Just let Ugarte be the bulldog in midfield, if he's half as good as a Casemiro at his peak then he'll be a great signing. I think he'll be in a Man Utd shirt by next Saturday.

Desperately hoping he is in Utd shirt by then, has that same feel as when Amrabat was pushing for the move last season

Last edited:
We should be getting Sander Berge all day long over this guy.
Did you suggest we sign Berge before we were linked with him?
So you would sign the inferior player cause you think he is the better “profile” of player. How exactly is Berge a better profile of a player? Care to explain?
Don't think he will because he's talking nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.