Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean people did this same mantra with Mainoo too, it's not hard to watch a player and clearly see he's top class. I don't need 50 appearances of evidence first if it's smacking me in the head after 5, especially with midfielders where it's quite sink or swim whether or not they perform. Forwards are a bit different in that sometimes players can have purple patches of scoring/assisting that might not be a true showing of who they are.
The difference in level of pure talent between Mainoo and Wharton is enormously vast. There is nothing that suggests that Wharton is better than Rice at the same age, and people didn't go around saying Rice would be one of the best defensive midfielders in the world. In fact, a lot were underrating him and he was even better and had shown much more than Wharton at 20.

we need Ugarte just simply for the shithousery he would bring as a south american....much like martinez brought when he first arrived. that type of personality and nastiness had been missing at United feck since Keano left the club

It's not really nastiness, rather typical Uruguay sneaky shithousery that provokes redcards. Palace and Colombia´s Daniel Munoz gets himself expelled after Ugarte pinches the fook out of him. Ugarte knew exactly when to catch him off guard

Our team really need a strong destroyer/DM in the mould of Keane or Kante to protect the backline. He is the closest we can get.

PSG wants to sell. Ugarte only wants Man Utd. Obviously, Man Utd make him as priority midfield target. Mendes is involved. He is left out of the PSG squad. PSG also interested in Sancho.

In short, this will 110% gets done.

Our team really need a strong destroyer/DM in the mould of Keane or Kante to protect the backline. He is the closest we can get.

PSG wants to sell. Ugarte only wants Man Utd. Obviously, Man Utd make him as priority midfield target. Mendes is involved. He is left out of the PSG squad. PSG also interested in Sancho.

In short, this will 110% gets done.

Do you reckon maybe sorted for scousers at home at the end of month or could you see sooner?

Do you reckon maybe sorted for scousers at home at the end of month or could you see sooner?
I think it will be close as negotiations are already in advanced stage. We already agreed personal terms with Ugarte.

Now, there are reports that PSG is willing to lower the asking prices for straight buy, or loan with option to buy or even swap deals includes Sancho.

Finger crossed latest by next week!

we need Ugarte just simply for the shithousery he would bring as a south american....much like martinez brought when he first arrived. that type of personality and nastiness had been missing at United feck since Keano left the club

Yeah we definitely need a bit of that

Every team needs a dog . A player other teams both respect but fear and opposing fans hate but secretly would love in their team. Can't remember us having one of those since Keane left. We need a dog in our Midfield

It's not really nastiness, rather typical Uruguay sneaky shithousery that provokes redcards. Palace and Colombia´s Daniel Munoz gets himself expelled after Ugarte pinches the fook out of him. Ugarte knew exactly when to catch him off guard

i remember watching that and laughing b/c you clearly could see him pinch the guy

Yeah we definitely need a bit of that

Every team needs a dog . A player other teams both respect but fear and opposing fans hate but secretly would love in their team. Can't remember us having one of those since Keane left. We need a dog in our Midfield

agreed....our midfield is fecking soft and teams know it. we need a bit of a pitbull in there who's willing to kick the piss out of a guy from time to time

We had Herrera who had the ‘dawg’ in him. Fred wasn’t bad in chasing the ball down. Not a midfielder, but Licha has a ton of shithousery too.

We had Herrera who had the ‘dawg’ in him. Fred wasn’t bad in chasing the ball down. Not a midfielder, but Licha has a ton of shithousery too.
Herrera had more of a cat in him than “dawg”

I think it will be close as negotiations are already in advanced stage. We already agreed personal terms with Ugarte.

Now, there are reports that PSG is willing to lower the asking prices for straight buy, or loan with option to buy or even swap deals includes Sancho.

Finger crossed latest by next week!
I don't understand why we have not swapped him and Sancho by now to be honest.

agreed....our midfield is fecking soft and teams know it. we need a bit of a pitbull in there who's willing to kick the piss out of a guy from time to time
It was Casemiro for half a season. Toned down after the red cards, and wasn’t the same last season. Hope we get the real Casemiro back this season

He’s a c

But he’s our c

Love it

GU4_BD0WAAA2YuC

Having that many duels in a high possession team is impressive

So whats holding this up now, just the fee?

Cant we do a straight swap with Sancho going the other way?

It'll be terrible if this doesnt get done before the window shuts after he has turned down offers from other clubs to join us.

This thread is so active I thought there was some development. Turns out it's just you guys hyperanalysing.

i remember watching that and laughing b/c you clearly could see him pinch the guy
Actually you can't. What's on display for all to see is his left hand just holding/pressing against him but no real movement, while he is *supposedly* pinching him on the right side but out of sight.

That's what made the replays all the more bemusing because you kept looking for whatever he did on that left side and then saw Muñoz pointing at the right of his ribs, like the typical diver that makes a meal of something and holds the complete wrong part of their body :lol: Feck all VAR could ever feed back against that ref decision.

GU4_BD0WAAA2YuC

Having that many duels in a high possession team is impressive

I find it bizarre PSG would be willing to let him go based on some of the stats on here. He must have some serious flaws for Enrique to be willing to overlook the positives? And it surely can’t be the sideways only passing, Enriques Barca did quite a lot of that.

I find it bizarre PSG would be willing to let him go based on some of the stats on here. He must have some serious flaws for Enrique to be willing to overlook the positives? And it surely can’t be the sideways only passing, Enriques Barca did quite a lot of that.
Enrique is a bit of dull weirdo to be fair, likes what he likes.

Doesn’t really look like it to me at all. Think this will be done by this time next week.
I think so too - Ugarte in, Sancho out. Even though there’s a lot of moving parts, it seems a fairly straight forward deal to do, as by all accounts each player wants the move, both clubs want the move, both players are valued around 50m which will come in very handy to both, and both clubs want their new players in place as soon as.

I think so too - Ugarte in, Sancho out. Even though there’s a lot of moving parts, it seems a fairly straight forward deal to do, as by all accounts each player wants the move, both clubs want the move, both players are valued around 50m which will come in very handy to both, and both clubs want their new players in place as soon as.

So debut away at Brighton or home to scousers?

Sadly the Sancho links are turning out to be false which honestly makes sense as they do not need him. It is more likely that we try to shift a few cheaper players like Hannibal, Eriksen and Lindelof to top up the coffers. Jadon is most likely off on loan again if we can find anyone daft enough to take him.

Sadly the Sancho links are turning out to be false which honestly makes sense as they do not need him. It is more likely that we try to shift a few cheaper players like Hannibal, Eriksen and Lindelof to top up the coffers. Jadon is most likely off on loan again if we can find anyone daft enough to take him.

Yeah and hopefully McTominay

Enrique is a bit of dull weirdo to be fair, likes what he likes.

Tbh since asking, I’ve been watching videos of him. Got to be honest I’m kind of with Enrique on this. He’s combative and gets about, but he really offers nothing else. Half the caf will be wanting him gone next summer.

I’m not opposed to signing him, he’d be a valuable option for us in the middle for certain games. But I think the club are probably right in limiting what we pay, as I reckon he’ll be back out again in a few seasons when we can find a better option.

Tbh since asking, I’ve been watching videos of him. Got to be honest I’m kind of with Enrique on this. He’s combative and gets about, but he really offers nothing else. Half the caf will be wanting him gone next summer.

I’m not opposed to signing him, he’d be a valuable option for us in the middle for certain games. But I think the club are probably right in limiting what we pay, as I reckon he’ll be back out again in a few seasons when we can find a better option.

Yeah and I'm not against that way of thinking

Doesnt Ugarte have one of the lowest duel win % in europe?
No. That's not what that stat means. It only means that he is in the lowest percentile when it comes to attempted challenges on a dribbling player. He is all over the pitch trying to win the ball back which means the risk of also failing a challenge is greater. He fails these tackles on average 2.54 per 90 minute, but he also wins it back the most.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Are you saying he is worse than Fred?

Palhinha doesn't offer much else other than being a defensive beast like Ugarte. It didn't stop him from being one of the best defensive midfielders in the league and being snapped up by Bayern because of it.

I recon it'll take about 20 minutes of this guy in a United shirt for me to take a huge shine to him.

I was always gutted we missed out on Mascherano back in the day, and I think this guy is similar

Hopefully we get this one over the line because all the alternative names being mentioned as midfield targets seem pretty unambitious. I can't quite believe Amrabat is on the list after one good game all season, but I suppose the same rationale was applied to the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.