Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he gets a lot of hype because he has a skill set that's in short supply and high demand, he's certainly very talented and would be an asset to any team.

He has played less than 20 games for Palace, the jury is out on whether he can continue the same form this season.

He has played less than 20 games for Palace, the jury is out on whether he can continue the same form this season.
To be fair he was really good for Blackburn too, will be interesting to see how he gets on because on paper Palace could be significantly weaker by the end of the window..

I wish there was just a hint that we had at least made an enquiry regarding Wharton from Crystal Palace. For a little more than the asking price for Ugarte, Crystal Palace would triple the money they paid for him a few months ago and he would be perfect for us; and with better stats than Ugarte overall. We should at least register an interest with them, if we haven't already.

Wharton will probably move for 80m at least, maybe even 100+. Palace know they can get that much for him, so they're not letting him go for around 60 now.

An average window with no stand out player, may be York due to potential
An average window if we've bought a top class CB, a RB, a top young CB, the DM we've been missing and another midfielder, all without overspending? Are you serious?

An average window with no stand out player, may be York due to potential
It raises the floor and ceiling of our defence / defensive midfield massively, the knock on effect of that is improved consistency and a much higher points total, at least in theory. It's been a good window, as long as we get Ugarte or a quality DM in.

Don't want us to sign this donkey. We'd be better off promoting and developing someone from the youth setup.

Don't want us to sign this donkey. We'd be better off promoting and developing someone from the youth setup.
Feel like we need an established player in that position at the moment, and not an untested teenager. It's that cruical of a position.

No white text?

There definitely should be

Glad you don’t work for the club then.

A McT fan?

Ahh, it appears you’ve posted this in the Manuel Ugarte thread by mistake, no worries, simply delete this post and repost it in the relevant thread. The Sander Berge one I assume?

I think we must have found McTominay on RedCafe. Don't worry Scott, Fulham or Napoli may come back for you :lol:

An average window if we've bought a top class CB, a RB, a top young CB, the DM we've been missing and another midfielder, all without overspending? Are you serious?
Don’t forget Chido Obi-Martin too. He could turn out to be the best signing of the lot!

I think Palace would ask for a big feck off price for him though. Like £80-£100m
Plus City are in for him and they’ll do one of their dodgy deals with £70m upfront cash and £20m that no one will ever know about wink wink!

Good chance we'll be in for him, but will be crazy expensive.

Maybe Liverpool will finally get their expensive midfield signing?

I hope not. Wharton and Mainoo is a good double-pivot for the long-term, to put it mildly. I think if we make top 4 next season and the Ineos project will look like an ambitious and promising one, we can sway any British player to join us over others. Even in the last 11 years we have been the biggest club in England, imagine the attractiveness of an actually competent United.

I hope not. Wharton and Mainoo is a good double-pivot for the long-term, to put it mildly. I think if we make top 4 next season and the Ineos project will look like an ambitious and promising one, we can sway any British player to join us over others. Even in the last 11 years we have been the biggest club in England, imagine the attractiveness of an actually competent United.
Exactly this.

Fair point, isn't he NW based also?

There are a LOT of variables to get through before that point though, and things change all the time. I was a massive FDJ muppet but I'd be dead set against signing him now!

Should be an interesting year or so, whatever happens

Fair point, isn't he NW based also?

There are a LOT of variables to get through before that point though, and things change all the time. I was a massive FDJ muppet but I'd be dead set against signing him now!

Should be an interesting year or so, whatever happens

I agree, a lot can change in 12 months, but it's very likely that Wharton will remain a very good player and a great fit for our midfield. I don't think the midfield would be completely fixed with Wharton, and we don't know when Bruno will start declining, but getting him in would still be a huge step forward and Mainoo-Wharton-Fernandes would undoubtedly be the closest thing we've had to a title winning midfield in over a decade. We've missed out on so many players I would've loved to see at United that I'm beginning to feel like Wharton has to be the number 1 target for us next season. We didn't get any of Rice, Palhinha, Onana, Wieffer, Tchouaméni, Gray, Caicedo, and I might be forgetting names too. Some of these players wouldn't have been perfect for us but we would be in a much more comfortable place IMO if we just signed one of them in the last 24 months.

I mean people did this same mantra with Mainoo too, it's not hard to watch a player and clearly see he's top class. I don't need 50 appearances of evidence first if it's smacking me in the head after 5, especially with midfielders where it's quite sink or swim whether or not they perform. Forwards are a bit different in that sometimes players can have purple patches of scoring/assisting that might not be a true showing of who they are.

I agree, a lot can change in 12 months, but it's very likely that Wharton will remain a very good player and a great fit for our midfield. I don't think the midfield would be completely fixed with Wharton, and we don't know when Bruno will start declining, but getting him in would still be a huge step forward and Mainoo-Wharton-Fernandes would undoubtedly be the closest thing we've had to a title winning midfield in over a decade. We've missed out on so many players I would've loved to see at United that I'm beginning to feel like Wharton has to be the number 1 target for us next season. We didn't get any of Rice, Palhinha, Onana, Wieffer, Tchouaméni, Gray, Caicedo, and I might be forgetting names too. Some of these players wouldn't have been perfect for us but we would be in a much more comfortable place IMO if we just signed one of them in the last 24 months.

Yeah Wharton and a top LW are the next two spots I'm looking at next summer.

Secretly holding out hope for a disgruntled Rodrygo to ask out of Madrid and we swoop in and replace Rashford with him after this season.

I mean people did this same mantra with Mainoo too, it's not hard to watch a player and clearly see he's top class. I don't need 50 appearances of evidence first if it's smacking me in the head after 5, especially with midfielders where it's quite sink or swim whether or not they perform. Forwards are a bit different in that sometimes players can have purple patches of scoring/assisting that might not be a true showing of who they are.

Caicedo also looked class, and now look at him. Wharton could still go either way, as could Mainoo.

Caicedo also looked class, and now look at him. Wharton could still go either way, as could Mainoo.
You just need to look at the De Ligt thread as well. He was Balon d'or level talent at the same age, it's not always linear when you go to a big club.

we need Ugarte just simply for the shithousery he would bring as a south american....much like martinez brought when he first arrived. that type of personality and nastiness had been missing at United feck since Keano left the club

Status
Not open for further replies.