Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
For this, keep an eye out for either Sebas Giovanelli or César Luis Merlo to offer the Uruguayan and South American perspectives, respectively.

Thanks for the heads up, will keep eyes peeled. Did those two say anything about when Pellistri joined or Nunez joined the scousers

Would you take Reguilon as cheap LB, seemed to really enjoy his brief stint at Utd, other option is prioritising that position next summer but could leave us short with Shaw injury prone
He seemed very good at Brentford after the utd loan. I just don't think starting the season with 2 left backs that get injured alot and 1 right back that we don't know yet and has questionable injury record is smart. The free agent hermoso seemed a good option,but doesn't look likely.

He seemed very good at Brentford after the utd loan. I just don't think starting the season with 2 left backs that get injured alot and 1 right back that we don't know yet and has questionable injury record is smart. The free agent hermoso seemed a good option,but doesn't look likely.

Well much like Rabiot he's a free agent so could always do those kind of deals after window closes IF we are interested in either. Feels like Adrien needs to lower his demands if he wants to find a new club though.

Getting it back on topic I think this will pick up pace with Mendes now brokering deal, see him getting PSG to a price where we reach a compromise

Last edited:
Well much like Rabiot he's a free agent so could always do those kind of deals after window closes IF we are interested in either.
Hopefully, rare enough to have free agents still available after windows closes. And ddg/martial don't count,too greedy.

Thanks for the heads up, will keep eyes peeled. Did those two say anything about when Pellistri joined or Nunez joined the scousers
Giovanelli was one of the journalists to heavily cover Pellistri's move to United and has decent connections to his camp. Merlo covers South America more broadly rather than focus on specific countries, but he'll have a major scoop from time to time.

Hopefully, rare enough to have free agents still available after windows closes. And ddg/martial don't count,too greedy.

Seems more interest from clubs in Hermoso than Rabiot so far but maybe that changes when window closes and you can only sign free agents

Casemiro is going to have a great season, mark my words.

He has a fantastic passing range, winning mentality, the youngsters can learn a lot from him in training too.

Don't sell him. The problem was last year was with the defense. They dropped too deep but they were instructed not to.

I agree on Lindelof, Sancho, Hannibal, Eriksen, Pellistri and McT though.

If he does, top 4 would be guaranteed imo.

If we can ship Sancho to P$G, McTom to somewhere and manage to bring Ugarte and Berge that could be the hell of a window. Too good to be true

He’s perfect for PSG all the lazy social media obsessed primadonnas end up there
The good thing for him would be that he’d be playing for the standout team in the league which may help him. On the other hand I believe the French league is after the PL the most physical of the major leagues.

Is it weird that the press rumours now have the Ugarte and Sancho fees approaching the same figure? I mean, surely that should make this at least kind of easy?

If we get Ugarte and Fofana would be our best window in a looooong time.

Yep. Finally signing players with the right age and potential profile and position for the requirements.

Ugarte is a nailed on starter and Fofana would be great to make sure Mainoo doesn't run himself into the ground having to play 50 games.

Fofana would start 15ish and help keep Mainoo growing into the player he could be for the long term for us.
PSG also have Hakimi who Sancho did very well with at Dortmund when playing at RW. Makes a lot of sense for Sancho to come in as their 3rd winger who can play on either side.

Doue isn’t strictly a winger albeit he has played there for Rennes, but I think his future probably lies more centrally as an attacking 8, giving PSG a scarily good future midfield 3 in Moscardo, Neves and Doue.
Good point about Hakimi, hopefully that what they're thinking.

PSG also have Hakimi who Sancho did very well with at Dortmund when playing at RW. Makes a lot of sense for Sancho to come in as their 3rd winger who can play on either side.

Doue isn’t strictly a winger albeit he has played there for Rennes, but I think his future probably lies more centrally as an attacking 8, giving PSG a scarily good future midfield 3 in Moscardo, Neves and Doue.
PSG pay us €50m for Sancho to play with Hakimi, while we use €15m of those to get Mazraoui to play with Antony.

Operation Moroccan Un-lock!

Is it weird that the press rumours now have the Ugarte and Sancho fees approaching the same figure? I mean, surely that should make this at least kind of easy?
Could be use putting an unrealistic figure on a player in return for theirs if true. If both deals get done it’ll be lower than that you expect, particularly Sancho.

Confident this will happen and we won’t go down to the absolute wire. Could be a game changer for our midfield.

If we can ship Sancho to P$G, McTom to somewhere and manage to bring Ugarte and Berge that could be the hell of a window. Too good to be true
An average window with no stand out player, may be York due to potential

I have a hunch that this transfer somewhat hinges on whether we'd find any suitors for Casemiro or not, otherwise we might be looking at a different profile to bring in.
I personally think Ugarte is being g looked at regardless. Someone like Berge coming in for me should hinge on Casemiro.

I wish there was just a hint that we had at least made an enquiry regarding Wharton from Crystal Palace. For a little more than the asking price for Ugarte, Crystal Palace would triple the money they paid for him a few months ago and he would be perfect for us; and with better stats than Ugarte overall. We should at least register an interest with them, if we haven't already.

I think this will happen now which I didn't expect 1 week ago. The Sancho interest will make this possible. Will probably work out at net £10-15m for Ugarte. Interesting if we bring in Fofana and/or Berge on top of that. That would really be an excellent window, it must be said.

I wish there was just a hint that we had at least made an enquiry regarding Wharton from Crystal Palace. For a little more than the asking price for Ugarte, Crystal Palace would triple the money they paid for him a few months ago and he would be perfect for us; and with better stats than Ugarte overall. We should at least register an interest with them, if we haven't already.

Meh! Wharton is overhyped and overrated because he is English.

Palace ended on the up and he seems to be an integral part of that so to them, he will be worth more than making a 200% profit on if he can help their push up the table into contention for European places.

I think Palace would ask for a big feck off price for him though. Like £80-£100m

A little more?! The more respected journos are suggesting he'll be a £100m player when he leaves Palace. They've not just pulled that out of nowhere, it's probably a figure Palace have quietly put out and it's made it's way back to them. Maybe even through their contacts at other clubs like United, which means we might have actually politely enquired as to his availability. Hard to know for sure.

Wharton was never moving this summer. Didn't they sign him in January for £20m? Also, he's only played 16 times for Palace, mostly during their Glasner bounce. It's way too early to tell whether he'd be worth £60m, let alone £100m, and I'm saying that as someone who rates the guy.

Personally, I'd rather we tried to sign the 'next' Wharton, whether at home or abroad, for a fraction of that. Let Chelsea and Liverpool tear each other to shreds for him, like they did with Caicedo.

At this rate we won’t sign him on time to be available for Fulham match

At this rate we won’t sign him on time to be available for Fulham match
I think that’s definitely out of the question as he’d need to be signed today and registered tomorrow at the latest

Meh! Wharton is overhyped and overrated because he is English.
I think he gets a lot of hype because he has a skill set that's in short supply and high demand, he's certainly very talented and would be an asset to any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.