Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get this deal done and I’ll be absolutely buzzing with this window

if we get Ugarte I'll start to be optimistic for the season

always love a wee hard cnut in midfield

They still have to abide by UEFA regulations so they can’t just be careless. Does seem silly not to meet close to the middle though.
I mean unless they're actively trying to recruit the best players in the world then does it really matter?

They've got Ligue 1 and the domestic cups sewn up so it's just about Europe and they need the best for that which they won't get.

Need a LB.
Isn’t that where the guy we’ve signed today comes involved. I know we bought him mainly for RB but luckily for us Dalot is quite reliable so between him and 1 of the other 3 can rotate between LB/RB.

we do but I think we could go in to the season without one and have enough cover with Mazraoui, Dalot, Martinez and then Shaw and Malacia when fit.
I actually think we might deploy Yoro at right back occasionally when he’s fit in a bit of a Wes Brown/Smalling type of way (although I hope we don’t keep him there and ruin his best position like with Wes)
Currently, we have zero left backs and we have been without one more or since Christmas. And God knows how many matches Malacia or Shaw will be fit to play this season. Fofana is a nr. 8, where we already have Mainoo, Mount, Eriksen, McTominay, Hannibal, Collyer, and even Fernandes, if needed (with Zirkzee as nr. 10). Eriksen, McTominay and Hallibal may leave, but still, we clearly need a LB before signing another nr. 8. Yes, both Dalot and Mazraoui can play at LB, but there there is no cover on the right side. And I think we learnt from the City game that Martinez is NOT a LB.

could see United now bringing in Ugarte and Fofana with Sancho going to PSG

think it would leave us light on the wings however it would really be an upgrade in our midfield

think it would leave us light on the wings however it would really be an upgrade in our midfield
Amad would basically take his former place in the team which we can all agree would provide us with much more on the pitch than Sancho currently.

Garnacho, Amad, Rashford, Antony and Pellistri is enough options although you could question keeping Antony (not very good) and Pellistri (needs playing time)

Mount can play there too at a push.

I feel like Mount and Zirkee might be used on the left from time to time to cover Rashford while Amad and Garna will cover the right. I am not even counting Anthony as an option.

Amad would basically take his former place in the team which we can all agree would provide us with much more on the pitch than Sancho currently.

Garnacho, Amad, Rashford, Antony and Pellistri is enough options although you could question keeping Antony (not very good) and Pellistri (needs playing time)

Mount can play there too at a push.
i'll give you amad as he's showing signs of promise......antony and pellestri will never make the grade at united. Mount has played on the wing early in his days at Chelsea but i don't see EtH pushing him wide

if we get Ugarte I'll start to be optimistic for the season

always love a wee hard cnut in midfield
Truth!

Apparently he was left out of training today, and his agent is in UK, granted in London and he has other clients, as well, but putting everything together it feels like we may be close to finally agreeing a fee. I doubt PSG would send such strong message of imminent sale, as leaving him out of training, if we were not close. He has not been seriously linked with anybody else that will pay as much as we do.

My hopes are up. If we sign him, I think just that will make this summer's incoming transfers 8 points out of 10 success, maybe even 9 out of 10. And if we offload Sancho to PSG as part of Ugarte deal, that will be great for outgoings as well.

Fingers crossed

Truth!

Apparently he was left out of training today, and his agent is in UK, granted in London and he has other clients, as well, but putting everything together it feels like we may be close to finally agreeing a fee. I doubt PSG would send such strong message of imminent sale, as leaving him out of training, if we were not close. He has not been seriously linked with anybody else that will pay as much as we do.

My hopes are up. If we sign him, I think just that will make this summer's incoming transfers 8 points out of 10 success, maybe even 9 out of 10. And if we offload Sancho to PSG as part of Ugarte deal, that will be great for outgoings as well.

Fingers crossed

I'm impressed with the whole structure, Ashworth must be happy at United.

He basically has much more tools to get what he wants, and with the revenue united have it must be a dream.

Zirkzee can play wide too.
Rashford, Garnacho, Mainoo, Casemiro, Bruno, Amad, Mount are all happy to press, we're going to see a good United this year.

I miss the days of Rooney losing the ball, charging at the player who took the ball like a raging bull and having the crowd shout "Rooney, Rooney, Rooney" when the player was in a heap on the floor after being hacked down.

I'm impressed with the whole structure, Ashworth must be happy at United.

He basically has much more tools to get what he wants, and with the revenue united have it must be a dream.
Yeah, and we are still f...ed by decisions of previous years, players on astronomical wages that are impossible to move: Casemiro, Rashford, Antony, Sancho

In the next couple years, Maguire's contract will end, hopefully couple others will also move on and things will become much easier / more sane.

Can anyone confirm if El Pais is reliable source?
You can't tell how much firm inside info they may have, but they definitely wouldn't venture into random rumour territory for the sake of it.

What I take from their article is it sounds legit and, particularly, they calrify that the alternative is Atlético but only as a loan option, so PSG don't have a leg to stand on really.

We need him to complete what is already a very successful window in terms of players in.

By all accounts all things pointing at it’s should be happening soon.

Dream ending to summer would be any deal for him with sancho going other way then maybe pick up a cheap left back and maybe midfielder like berge or fofana. Move on victor,Pellistri,Hannibal and maybe scott.

So you think Ugarte is literally one of the best harassing midfielders of all-time? :confused:
At the same age Kante played for Caen. Leicester, Chelsea and the French NT all came after.

I'd argue Ugarte has a far more impressive body of work at the comparable point in time.

Mendes is in London but I'd imagine the Felix to Chelsea deal is a higher priority in his in tray. We'll probably get some news on this deal by Thursday/Friday.

There aren't two agents working on the deal for no reason. The easiest deal for both clubs would be a swap deal involving Ugarte and Sancho. Both are unwanted players and they like the other player.

The accountants and agents will be busy finding a situation that works for both sides. I'd estimate Ugarte goes for 50m euros and Sancho for 30m euros.

So we have to give approx Sancho plus 20m euros.

I think United would take that as it also allows us to sign another player for midfield. I also think PSG go for that as they seem to be in the market for another winger even though they have Dembele, Barcola and now Doue.

Their options are Coman and Sancho. They've had Coman before so I think they'll opt for the new shiny toy in Sancho instead.

PSG also have Hakimi who Sancho did very well with at Dortmund when playing at RW. Makes a lot of sense for Sancho to come in as their 3rd winger who can play on either side.

Doue isn’t strictly a winger albeit he has played there for Rennes, but I think his future probably lies more centrally as an attacking 8, giving PSG a scarily good future midfield 3 in Moscardo, Neves and Doue.

If this gets done we’ve had a very good window. If we are able shift on Sancho and or Casemiro and grab another CM like Fofana then it’s been a near perfect window in my eyes (without being unrealistic).

Ugarte and Butcher double pivot in the tough away games

Di ligt and Yoro behind them

Bruno pressing up ahead

Come on Utd!

Ugarte and Butcher double pivot in the tough away games

Di ligt and Yoro behind them

Bruno pressing up ahead

Come on Utd!
What is the obsession with moving one of our best players out of position, into a role our manager has already said doesn't suit him?

For P$G news yes, he was very accurate during all the Mbappe/Neymar/Messi sagas

Seems ok. But I miss the days when RMC had Bouhafsi who touched the level of Ornstein.

Yes, very much so.

As a couple of others have already mentioned, yes, he is reliable for PSG news.

He's moved out of football and more into sociopolitics, but he still gets the rare scoop via his few sources.

Encouraging stuff. Thank you all.

Dream ending to summer would be any deal for him with sancho going other way then maybe pick up a cheap left back and maybe midfielder like berge or fofana. Move on victor,Pellistri,Hannibal and maybe scott.

Would you take Reguilon as cheap LB, seemed to really enjoy his brief stint at Utd, other option is prioritising that position next summer but could leave us short with Shaw injury prone

I have a hunch that this transfer somewhat hinges on whether we'd find any suitors for Casemiro or not, otherwise we might be looking at a different profile to bring in.

I wonder how many people here have seen him play live or at a high intensity. I remember before signing Antony (even after his debut with Arsenal) all the forum was buzzing and suddenly he is the most disliked footballer at the club. Same thing with Amrabat, we were pushing for it here like it was going to save our season especially that we finished third the prior season and won the Carabao, so we had high hopes, but man he was very bad compared to what we had expected from him. I guess it all depends on the momentum created by the fans without having all the facts about the player and how he can fit into a system?

The question is, is he actually that good? If yes, why isn’t he a regular starter for psg?

I wonder how many people here have seen him play live or at a high intensity. I remember before signing Antony (even after his debut with Arsenal) all the forum was buzzing and suddenly he is the most disliked footballer at the club. Same thing with Amrabat, we were pushing for it here like it was going to save our season especially that we finished third the prior season and won the Carabao, so we had high hopes, but man he was very bad compared to what we had expected from him. I guess it all depends on the momentum created by the fans without having all the facts about the player and how he can fit into a system?

The question is, is he actually that good? If yes, why isn’t he a regular starter for psg?
Because he is not a tiki taka midfielder and they have the 2nd best tiki taka coach

Because he is not a tiki taka midfielder and they have the 2nd best tiki taka coach
Feck tiki and taka and tucki and pucki as well

Get Ugarte in, send Sancho their way, and let's get this season started!

Status
Not open for further replies.