Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he joins this is a great window! Still need to sell players though.

Ugarte and Case together is beastly. Dont rule that out.
That's what I was thinking, more of a case of utilizing the double pivot and swapping out who's in there according to the opposition. Go away to city or Liverpool etc and Casemiro and Ugarte would be a solid pairing. At home to Ipswich, start Mainoo with one of them etc.

Jorge Mendes is one of the best agent in football and he will get this done. The player already being left out of training. The only thing missing now is throwing chairs at PSG board to speed up the process and lower the asking price :D
We need some reports of Ugarte saying his goodbyes to his team mates and telling them that he is going to United.

That's what I was thinking, more of a case of utilizing the double pivot and swapping out who's in there according to the opposition. Go away to city or Liverpool etc and Casemiro and Ugarte would be a solid pairing. At home to Ipswich, start Mainoo with one of them etc.
Also the fact that casemiro is good in attack with his passing range. Frees him to be more creative

There are rumours circulating amongst the Uruaguayan press that he was Liverpool's 2nd choice after Zubimendi but he refused to speak to them, hilarious if true

There are rumours circulating amongst the Uruaguayan press that he was Liverpool's 2nd choice after Zubimendi but he refused to speak to them, hilarious if true
He is a very different player from Zubimendi, so it would be weird if Liverpool had one as an option for another, but yeah - that sounds hilarious

I know he does and I wouldn't describe his as an aggregator.
I based the aggregator part on his profile description. From what I've seen of his past Tweets, the majority of them are speculative and not corroborated by other, more reliable journalists/outlets. If he had some more corroboration, then I'd take his latest Tweet more seriously.

Mendes is in London but I'd imagine the Felix to Chelsea deal is a higher priority in his in tray. We'll probably get some news on this deal by Thursday/Friday.

There aren't two agents working on the deal for no reason. The easiest deal for both clubs would be a swap deal involving Ugarte and Sancho. Both are unwanted players and they like the other player.

The accountants and agents will be busy finding a situation that works for both sides. I'd estimate Ugarte goes for 50m euros and Sancho for 30m euros.

So we have to give approx Sancho plus 20m euros.

I think United would take that as it also allows us to sign another player for midfield. I also think PSG go for that as they seem to be in the market for another winger even though they have Dembele, Barcola and now Doue.

Their options are Coman and Sancho. They've had Coman before so I think they'll opt for the new shiny toy in Sancho instead.

I reckon this will be done in the next week, maybe even agreed this week.
Today’s reports say he’s training on his own and has already said his goodbyes. Would be madness for him to not be moved on before the weekend now, but maybe it depends on our ability to sell players first? In which case I hope he doesn’t mind solitary confinement for about another 2 weeks.

Can see us selling McTominay and signing Ugarte over next 10 days. Then another few sales in Lindelof, Hannibal and Pellistri. Then perhaps we sign a LB on loan like last year with Reguilon.

Can see this one being done this week and he be in stands watching Friday night. Let's hope.

Can’t believe they are holding out for £8m. They want £50m and we are offering like £42m. I understand if we offered £30m. £8m is chump change for the Qataris.

They still have to abide by UEFA regulations so they can’t just be careless. Does seem silly not to meet close to the middle though.

This SamC guy works for United Stand and works more as an aggregator. I wouldn't take this seriously at this time.

Not sure, he's the one who always gets the lineups through earlier so he definitely knows someone there

Ugarte and Fofana in, McTominay and Casemiro out. That would be serious piece of business

That doesn’t seem much of an upgrade overall. I think Ugarte on the whole is better than Casemiro just because he’s younger and has more energy and stamina. Fofana seems very average to me. Not sure I get the hype frankly.

Where it would be an upgrade is overall depth. Having Casemiro and Ugarte to rotate and Mainoo and Fofana makes a lot of sense.

McTominay just doesn’t really have a role with Bruno and Mount playing the no10 and his positioning being so poor as a central midfielder.

If he joins this is a great window! Still need to sell players though.
I think the only players we need to shift at this point are McTom and Sancho. They could be useful though, so not the end of the world if they stay.

But getting Ugarte is the difference between a 6/10 and a 9/10 summer imo

Honestly selling McT, Sancho, Lindelof, Pellestri and Hannibal should be enough to get Ugarte and Fofana. We’d then be set. We do only have two weeks to do it though.

Honestly selling McT, Sancho, Lindelof, Pellestri and Hannibal should be enough to get Ugarte and Fofana. We’d then be set. We do only have two weeks to do it though.
Need a LB.

Can someone explain Mendes's involvement here? Are we using him as a 'broker'?
He was already involved in Yoro’s transfer as an « intermediary » while not being his agent.
We’re simply paying him back by offloading Ugarte, right after PSG bought Joao Neves who is represented by none other than Mendes

Need a LB.
we do but I think we could go in to the season without one and have enough cover with Mazraoui, Dalot, Martinez and then Shaw and Malacia when fit.
I actually think we might deploy Yoro at right back occasionally when he’s fit in a bit of a Wes Brown/Smalling type of way (although I hope we don’t keep him there and ruin his best position like with Wes)

Status
Not open for further replies.