Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 10/10 window if we sell Lindelof, Sancho, Hannibal, Pellistri, Casemiro and Eriksen. As it stands, 8/10 for me.

Selling Mct as well would be great but we can't sell 3 midfields with only 1 coming in.

Casemiro is going to have a great season, mark my words.

He has a fantastic passing range, winning mentality, the youngsters can learn a lot from him in training too.

Don't sell him. The problem was last year was with the defense. They dropped too deep but they were instructed not to.

I agree on Lindelof, Sancho, Hannibal, Eriksen, Pellistri and McT though.

A 10/10 window if we sell Lindelof, Sancho, Hannibal, Pellistri, Casemiro and Eriksen. As it stands, 8/10 for me.

Selling Mct as well would be great but we can't sell 3 midfields with only 1 coming in.

Casemiro wasn't leaving when Saudi didn't come in

That's probably more Luis Enrique losing patience. By excluding Ugarte he's weakened PSG bargaining position.

Also could be that PSG need to sell to buy any more players (PSR), and Enrique wants the money from Ugarte to buy player X asap.
PSG’s PSR situation truly baffles me. In the last two years they’ve gotten Neymar, Mbappe and Messi off the books. In terms of wages that’s a preposterous amount. They’ve had incomings certainly but you’d think with those three moves alone, if they could afford to carry them all at the same time, they’d have plenty of wiggle room now.

I feel confident of this one, like many others here.

Our C-suite is arguably the best the world.

Jorge Mendes is one of the best agent in football and he will get this done. The player already being left out of training. The only thing missing now is throwing chairs at PSG board to speed up the process and lower the asking price :D

Jorge Mendes is one of the best agent in football and he will get this done. The player already being left out of training. The only thing missing now is throwing chairs at PSG board to speed up the process and lower the asking price :D

Getting him onside would be very beneficial for club with any future transfer negotiations

Can someone explain Mendes's involvement here? Are we using him as a 'broker'?

No.

"Every defensive midfielder apart from Rodri needs someone behind him"

This is just straight up incorrect and the reason why I responded to you. Rodri has been getting the best player in the world shouts only since Pep decided to put Stones next to him and to protect him. As a double-pivot player Rodri might well be the best #8 in the world right now, but he's actually the player who has benefitted the most by having someone next to him to protect him so that he's freed up from a big chunk of his defensive responsibilities. With Spain he might be the deepest midfielder but he's not anchoring as a lone #6. Double pivot for his country as well.

If there is someone who doesn't need someone behind him it's actually Rice.

You realise my opinion isn't "Every defensive midfielder apart from Rodri needs someone behind him" ? My point is that we are looking for a #6 to play behind Mainoo in a two man midfield, but it feels like everyone we are linked with, people on the forum say that they "need someone to play behind them" i.e. they can't play as the deepest lying midfielder, i.e. they can't play with Mainoo. People are saying it about Ugarte, Berge, people said it about Neves. People are saying it about Casemiro, fans and pundits said it about Rice during the Euros. The only person I haven't heard it said about is Rodri. Based on the opinions I've read it's as if Rodri is the last player in world football, who can play as the deepest midfielder Again, this is not my opinion, it's the conclusion you would come to if you only read the forums.

I then went on to explain that I believe Ugarte can play as the deepest midfielder as he did it for Uruguay in the Copa America.

Obviously my original post wasn't clear enough, missing some context or wasn't obvious that I was being hyperbolic based off of the opinions on the forums.

We'll need to disagree on Rodri not being a #6. He may have the attributes to play as an #8, he may get help from other players around him, from fullbacks tucking in, centre backs pushing up, or midfielders tracking back, but everything he does for Spain screams #6 to me.

Is he any good though? Heard he's bad on the ball which is the last thing we need. Excuse my ignorance. Youtube scouting doesn't work as I've found out over many years.

Is he any good though? Heard he's bad on the ball which is the last thing we need. Excuse my ignorance. Youtube scouting doesn't work as I've found out over many years.

I an getting the impression this gets exaggerated, yes he's not like a Martinez, De Ligt, Yoro or Kobbie on it but he is not terrible either

Jorge Chijane is his agent

Mendes must be helping out though, I guess because he has a long history of working with United

Chijane is his agent, but he also seems to be represented by Mendes' company Gestifute. When Liverpool were negotiating with Ugarte before both Chijane and Mendes were reportedly involved.

Chijane seems to be more based in Uruguay and Mendes is obviously connected to Portugal (where Ugarte moved to from Uruguay), so maybe they have some sort of business relationship.

Would be the biggest signing of the summer and would make my transfer window go from 7/10 to 9/10. Please, get this done!

We need 2 players for each position. It would be good for Ugarte to learn from Case and he won’t be anywhere the £350k that Case is on.
I agree we need 2 per position but Ugarte I wouldn't say is the backup type or profile. Though could have 2 of him, Mainoo or Casemiro always used which would be good. Just a lot of money being spent on the area with wages and all that.

I agree we need 2 per position but Ugarte I wouldn't say is the backup type or profile. Though could have 2 of him, Mainoo or Casemiro always used which would be good. Just a lot of money being spent on the area with wages and all that.
Ugarte would start and Case is the backup. Unfortunately we couldn’t move Case on this summer. So hopefully next but until then he can be a mentor for Ugarte and that could be huge.

He's a good player and a ball winner. He's not great on the ball, and can rush into challenges seemingly fouling players too often, but he will add a bite to out midfield.

He's certainly not like Kante, who had a lot more to his game. But he compliments our existing players I feel.

Ugarte and Case together is beastly. Dont rule that out.
---------------------- Bruno -----------
------Garnacho -------------------Amad------
--------Ugarte-----Casemiro-----Mainoo----

This could work in the bigger games

He doesn't stop running and does a lot of defensive work but can get overwhelmed by very physical players.

He's not bad at evading pressure with the ball but he's not exactly a great dribbler. His passing is safe and limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.