Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being bank rolled by a petro-state, they probably don't really care about playing serious hardball. I imagine they'll take it right to the wire.

Yeah you are probably right, so should secure a low cost option anyway then see how things go with this

Our offer is more than fair. Another season at PSG and his value will drop considerably because he doesn't suit how Enrique wants to play. They must be hoping for some good ol' Murtogh Madness if we get off to a rocky start, or if Casemiro gets injured.

Still a glimmer of hope this can be done. PSG should just take the minimal loss and accept what is a fair offer. Or work out a loan deal.

I’m still worried he’s not good enough on the ball for what we want, but if he can help stop us conceding a stupid amount of shots then he can’t be a bad signing.

Ugarte potentially being difficult about moving to anyone but us? Try and force him out the club in the direction of a club offering them more than we are.

Name the team that is willing to pay the asking price.

Bayern don’t need him. Liverpool aren’t interested nor Arsenal and City. I don’t see any club paying their ridiculous asking price. It’s not the market for it. They are better off selling him to Saudi.

He could be the missing piece to solidify the defensive part of our game along with the current additions. I pray for no more NBA style games where a counter against us is basically a free shot at Onana.

Everything points to both sides eventually reaching a compromise but it's the wrong profile of midfielder imo

Just take a bit less on McTominay and sign Ugarte for feck sake.

Or keep McTominay, sign Berge and have two more 26/27 year old deadwoods than necessary. With no resale values on either, while 23 year old Ugarte will keep a decent value.

Can’t believe they are holding out for £8m. They want £50m and we are offering like £42m. I understand if we offered £30m. £8m is chump change for the Qataris.

McT is going to be sold before the end of the window, and Sancho could also go the over way I think so either way I think we'll get Ugarte.

I think the priority now is a high energy high duel winning midfielder.

With De Ligt, Yoro and Martinez I think United can finally play a high line, with Shaw, Dalot and Mazraoui in addition to that we can finally pass out, make overlapping runs and not be dependent on one side. Plus we can finally have inverted midfielders who pack the midfield and create passing lanes. Onana will benefit finally from having a competent back four that can pay line breaking passes.

The large problem with AWB was nobody has trust in him, the overlap was ignored, nobody really tracked him from the opposition team because you knew a cross would never happen. Our right side was not good because of him, he would just pass back even if he received it. An overlap from Mazraoui or Dalot will be a much greater threat this season.

It makes sense to get an Ugarte that can win the ball in the opposition half, faster turn overs, recycle the ball and transition.

The reason I don't see Sancho staying is I don't see him being part of a press, he doesn't break a sweat at all for us. So that means we have Garnacho, Amad, even Pellistri would press more who I think will be sold or loaned out.

Last edited:
My prediction is Ugarte to us and Sancho to PSG, both as loans with obligation to buy next summer.

What he needs to get this deal done I’m in favor of it!

Since Mino sadly passed away, luckily Ugarte is Uruguayan and he can probably ask Núñez to help who I think is a strong contender for the Darwin award

Just take a bit less on McTominay and sign Ugarte for feck sake.

Or keep McTominay, sign Berge and have two more 26/27 year old deadwoods than necessary. With no resale values on either, while 23 year old Ugarte will keep a decent value.

It's the other way around :lol: We would be paying above peak value for Ugarte at 50m.

McT is going to be sold before the end of the window, and Sancho could also go the over way I think so either way I think we'll get Ugarte.

With De Ligt, Yoro and De Ligt I think United can finally play a high line, with Shaw, Dalot and Mazraoui in addition to that we can finally pass out, make overlapping runs and not be dependent on one side. Plus we can finally have inverted midfielders who pack the midfield and create passing lanes. Onana will benefit finally from having a competent back four that can pay line breaking passes.

The large problem with AWB was nobody has trust in him, the overlap was ignored, nobody really tracked him from the opposition team because you knew a cross would never happen. Our right side was not good because of him, he would just pass back even if he received it. An overlap from Mazraoui or Dalot will be a much greater threat this season.

It makes sense to get an Ugarte that can win the ball in the opposition half, faster turn overs, recycle the ball and transition.

The reason I don't see Sancho staying is I don't see him being part of a press, he doesn't break a sweat at all for us. So that means we have Garnacho, Amad, even Pellistri would press more who I think will be sold or loaned out.
Man is so good he covers 2 positions :drool:

With De Ligt, Yoro and De Ligt I think United can finally play a high line, with Shaw, Dalot and Mazraoui in addition to that we can finally pass out, make overlapping runs and not be dependent on one side. Plus we can finally have inverted midfielders who pack the midfield and create passing lanes. Onana will benefit finally from having a competent back four that can pay line breaking passes.

Double De Ligt!

I’m still worried he’s not good enough on the ball for what we want, but if he can help stop us conceding a stupid amount of shots then he can’t be a bad signing.

Everything points to both sides eventually reaching a compromise but it's the wrong profile of midfielder imo
I don’t particularly buy into this argument

My favourite type of DM would be a Carrick type. But United have Martinez and De Ligt who are both good passers. Yoro seems handy on the ball too. I don’t see a ball playing DM as vital. Fine with having a pure destroyer in that role as we will have players who can play out from the back anyway

If he’s been banished by Enrique and we are seemingly the only club genuinely in for him, surely it happens.

Just a shame it hasn’t happened already. We desperately need a midfielder who isn’t called Sander Berge.

It's the other way around :lol: We would be paying above peak value for Ugarte at 50m.

Nope.

If we dont sell McTominay this summer he will essentially be worth zero since he'll leave on a free next year, unless we offer him a new contract in which case his value will plummet into the negative.

If we sign Berge, even if he performs above expectations, he'd be worth feck all. Literally feck all because no club low enough level to be interested could afford the £100k/week wage we'll give him.

If Ugarte performs on par he'll retain most of his value. And obviously has much more potential.

Put all that together and only one course makes any financial or sporting sense.

Can’t believe they are holding out for £8m. They want £50m and we are offering like £42m. I understand if we offered £30m. £8m is chump change for the Qataris.

£42m was a fair offer. They bought him for £51.3m a year ago on a five-year deal, so there is about £41m left on their books. If they'd taken our £42m offer, they'd have made a small profit on a player they signed a year ago (and Enrique doesn't rate) - that's a good deal and they should have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.