Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get this guy and the window has been very good
I still think it lacks goals personally. A goalscoring forward would have been 1A on my list of targets

The hope is that Højlund hits fire or Garnacho does a Ronaldo and transitions from a tricky winger into a goal machine. Rashford/Sancho I have very little hope for in terms of goals

I still think it lacks goals personally. A goalscoring forward would have been 1A on my list of targets

The hope is that Højlund hits fire or Garnacho does a Ronaldo and transitions from a tricky winger into a goal machine. Rashford/Sancho I have very little hope for in terms of goals

He's a defensive midfielder, to rotate with Casemiro. His primary job won't be scoring goals.

I think Amad has quite a lot of goals in him as well. You just have to hope Bruno gets back to it.
He's a defensive midfielder, to rotate with Casemiro. His primary job won't be scoring goals.
The window lacks goals, not Ugarte.

Maybe just maybe PSG really has no intention to sell hence they stood firm on the price. Time to look for alternative?

You may have missed his point. He thinks without another striker, the team could lack goals

We are having the best in class, they say. They should be able to sell crap. There must be someone amongst them who understands the market. Making people buy crap is the whole point.
Are you talking about door to door salesmen, or the chaps selling flashing shades on the beach in Benidorm?

You may have missed his point. He thinks without another striker, the team could lack goals
and i think he's right ....i think we are missing a goal scorer which is what puzzled me about hte Zirkzee signing as he's not a proven goal scorer just like the Hojlund purchase..plenty of potential but not a track record of scoring goals

Seems like we end up getting our targets with the current setup. Confident this gets done after a nervy couple of weeks.

The metrics are excellent. Had an ambivalent season at PSG and possibly had trouble stepping up to the elite level. But he's young and there might be external factors that hampered him.

I think he's worth the 60m€ because if he adapts well we're possibly set for half a decade at the position.

This comparison means feck all. I remember when Maguire won most of the stats against other PL CBs. That didn't make him the best CB in PL.
I think it's only good to see the traits of a player and Ugarte is a bit short on the forward passing department.... the rest are still good. It's not about red line vs green line.

Yeah ideally we also sign someone who has that forward passing to break lines ability

I have heard that this guy is very average
Well he's only 2nd across all of Europe for defensive actions for a DM stats wise. paulinha is 1st. The rest of europes DMs shouldnt be taking it so easy. They are making Ugarte look good.

Is he suitable for the lone 6 role? With Mainoo and Bruno ahead? Or better as more of a Kante and pushing forward and disrupting play?

Makélélé was a generational DM, I don't think you can expect to find a player on the market that can be a surefire lone 6 for a team planning to play high and with a lot of players going forward.

He
Well he's only 2nd across all of Europe for defensive actions for a DM stats wise. paulinha is 1st. The rest of europes DMs shouldnt be taking it so easy. They are making Ugarte look good.
He barely played for PSG, so stats can be skewed!

He

He barely played for PSG, so stats can be skewed!

"Barely played" is a big exaggeration. He was the player with the 6th most league minutes and 7th most league starts in their team

Also, those stats are in line with his previous stats at Sporting where he was also a monster in terms of defensive output.

Lazy clickbait nonsense, two completely different players.

It’s also skewed by City being City. Obviously in some ways PSG are a good comparison because they are so dominant but Guardiola teams are so different to every one else that individual stats are hard to compare.

It’s also skewed by City being City. Obviously in some ways PSG are a good comparison because they are so dominant but Guardiola teams are so different to every one else that individual stats are hard to compare.

You don't need stats to know Rodri is a superior player

Status
Not open for further replies.