Manuel Ugarte | Romano - he’s signed | Awaiting Club announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA has come down hard on this, i.e. inflating book values after the Barcelona - Juventus swap of Arthur and Pjanic (I think).

Yes that's why I think he has to be valued from 34m€ or his remaining asset value on books to... I said 45m but maybe it's 40ish. But someone is maybe familiar with the exact guidelines UEFA use to assess a player value is not inflated.

Been reported by Athletic via some interviews that not everyone at United is 100% convinced of Ugarte.
That's probably ETH.

"This Ugarte fella, is he Dutch?"

"I don't remember managing him at ajax"

How you mean clear fit
He’s not really a lone 6, Anchor type DM. He’s better suited in a pivot where he can defend super aggressively without having to worry so much about positional play.

So he IS a DM and at this point I’ll take anything, just saying we really seem locked in on a player that’s not a Yoro type where you can see the obvious path for them to be a first team mainstay for years to come. Maybe he develops further and is a stalwart, who knows.

Yeah I’m concerned he isn’t a clear fit for us but we’re intent on getting someone who’s available instead of the right player.
I think it all depends on how we intend to play. If it’s 4-3-3 then we’d probably want a true holding DM to sit in there, which Ugarte isn’t. But if it’s 4-2-3-1 which suits Bruno and Mount best as number 10s, then having double pivots in Mainoo and Ugarte, suits him perfectly.

ETH’s history tells us he prefers to go with a double pivot system, where the CMs have to cover a lot of ground. In which case Ugarte fits us well.

Been reported by Athletic via some interviews that not everyone at United is 100% convinced of Ugarte.
Seems very much a data driven signing. Best case scenario is coaching develops him into a more traditional anchor because he has all of the raw defensive tools to be a beast.

Funny enough, Ugarte is the type of player we should have been trying to pair with Pogba for years. He would have compensated so much for Pogbas deficiencies.

Carl Anka says he’s glad it’s no looking likely we’ll get him, says he always gets a nose bleed in the final third

Carl Anka says he’s glad it’s no looking likely we’ll get him, says he always gets a nose bleed in the final third
Anka thinks he knows ball but he’s clueless. He isn’t being brought in to do things in the final third. Can’t stand Carl on the podcast.

Everyone's got their opinions on what they think we need... The way I see it, Bruno and Mainoo will be the main 2 of the 3 for the foreseeable future, so we need an extremely ball winning focused DM there and not someone who cares a whole lot about creativity.

Seems very much a data driven signing. Best case scenario is coaching develops him into a more traditional anchor because he has all of the raw defensive tools to be a beast.

Funny enough, Ugarte is the type of player we should have been trying to pair with Pogba for years. He would have compensated so much for Pogbas deficiencies.
Please no more Pogba :lol:

Watch this space?

Hopefully for once we can do all these signings before next week match against Fulham. We have already agreed terms with Ugarte, De ligt and Mazouri and with Hermosa we only have to negotiate with him (free agent), so with the right approach and little bit of luck (i.e. other clubs cooperating for example) we should be getting these four in before next week (similar to how chelsea signed four players this week). I am seriously done watching us get humbled in the first few weeks, then scramble to get signings in its like clockwise keeps on happening with us.

Hopefully for once we can do all these signings before next week match against Fulham. We have already agreed terms with Ugarte, De ligt and Mazouri and with Hermosa we only have to negotiate with him (free agent), so with the right approach and little bit of luck (i.e. other clubs cooperating for example) we should be getting these four in before next week (similar to how chelsea signed four players this week). I am seriously done watching us get humbled in the first few weeks, then scramble to get signings in its like clockwise keeps on happening with us.

Would accept getting two done by then but even that's an enormous ask with only a week

Funny how Fab has stated that any incomings are reliant on outgoings and yet he has not mentioned any strong links on us selling anyone.
I wish He would give us a "Here we go" on selling Casemiro, Antony, Sancho or Lindelof!

Funny how Fab has stated that any incomings are reliant on outgoings and yet he has not mentioned any strong links on us selling anyone.
I wish He would give us a "Here we go" on selling Casemiro, Antony, Sancho or Lindelof!
We are terrible at selling players. We just can't shift them with the wages we put them on . Other clubs seem to move players on at the right time no bother . So many players that are just passengers here.

We are terrible at selling players. We just can't shift them with the wages we put them on . Other clubs seem to move players on at the right time no bother . So many players that are just passengers here.

Yeah we are lumbered with a capital L, won't ever forgive Toy Story puppet, uni sidekick and Murtough for paying our players dumb wages

Sancho to PSG have picked up in the last few hours I think. Hopefully that's coming to fruition

probably our best transfer window in 20 years if it happens

Transfer windows should be judged by how well those players who are brought it perform in the years that follow. We once bought Di Maria, Falcao, Shaw, Herrera, Blind, and Rojo in the same window. 2 big name players, a promising English teenager and the others were players who looked like they could step up and be top players. Look how that one turned out.

He’s not really a lone 6, Anchor type DM. He’s better suited in a pivot where he can defend super aggressively without having to worry so much about positional play.

So he IS a DM and at this point I’ll take anything, just saying we really seem locked in on a player that’s not a Yoro type where you can see the obvious path for them to be a first team mainstay for years to come. Maybe he develops further and is a stalwart, who knows.

Not many young CDM's around of the profile that we (or at least the caf) want. And if they are they'll cost us 100m+ probably. Those Busquets, Rodri types really are 1 in a million. I wouldn't mind a Ugarte - Mainoo double pivot though.

Carl Anka doesn't know what he's talking about in both news and analysis. He doesn't have any sources. When it comes to analysis, he has terrible, pretentious takes. It’s hard work listening to him, even worse reading his articles.

Last edited:

I would give anything to see those four sold but sadly they are all gonna be here this season

Status
Not open for further replies.