Manuel Ugarte Uruguay flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Aye! Have a go at the number 6 for not passing forward enough. Strange one.
Aye, TR, this place is becoming more and more toxic by the day. New signings criticised before they’ve literally kicked a ball for us. Some wanting to see our own players fail to prove themselves right or something something…maybe it’s always been like this but success under SAF papered over a lot of it.

Aye, TR, this place is becoming more and more toxic by the day. New signings criticised before they’ve literally kicked a ball for us. Some wanting to see our own players fail to prove themselves right or something something…maybe it’s always been like this but success under SAF papered over a lot of it.
No it does feel worse. Getting behind the team seems to be an alien concept for some and anyone that does is a top red. Often best ignoring what you read here however there are still good posters who can be more balanced and realistic.

No it does feel worse. Getting behind the team seems to be an alien concept for some and anyone that does is a top red. Often best ignoring what you read here however there are still good posters who can be more balanced and realistic.
Yeah and the sad part is, it’s not even just consigned to the club/manager these days. Just about every player’s thread is infested with posters waiting for one mistake to call them shite/overrated etc. It’s crazy….i genuinely have zero doubt there are those who are delighted when we lose because it means they can moan some more about EtH/the players or whatever it is they want to have a moan about. But yeah, still a decent amount of quality posts/and posters about tbf - in both the in/out camp as well.

Yeah and the sad part is, it’s not even just consigned to the club/manager these days. Just about every player’s thread is infested with posters waiting for one mistake to call them shite/overrated etc. It’s crazy….i genuinely have zero doubt there are those who are delighted when we lose because it means they can moan some more about EtH/the players or whatever it is they want to have a moan about. But yeah, still a decent amount of quality posts/and posters about tbf - in both the in/out camp as well.
Don't know if it's that people care more about being right on the internet than they do supporting the team, or that United have become a bit of a sponge for people to put all their frustrations into - maybe a combination of those and other things. But it does make talking about the current picture exhausting on here.

Don't know if it's that people care more about being right on the internet than they do supporting the team, or that United have become a bit of a sponge for people to put all their frustrations into - maybe a combination of those and other things. But it does make talking about the current picture exhausting on here.
Yeah definitely a few factors I’d imagine.

Casemiro and Rodri are quite different midfielders, and basing it on Casemiro's curve is irrelevant. You could also say based on Carrick, Fernandinho or Busquets' curve, which are more likely to be Rodri's curve than Casemiro's, but it's impossible to predict either way.
Well, didn't take long for life to happen on this one. Now that he's suffered a very serious ACL injury, he may be done as a top level player at age 28 unfortunately. Out for the season at least.

Man Utd 1:1 FC Twente New
We were warned about his limitations at passing but today seemed worse than expected. Also that left footed 30 yard volley in stoppage time was daft. Hopefully he irons out the rustiness in his game soon.

Tackling monster, but limited. We knew what we were getting. Maybe he works better at the base of a midfield three.

Looked exactly like he did on clips I'd seen in the summer. Not sure what some were expecting.

Didn't play particularly well.

Though even with that I saw he made twice as many tackles as anyone else on the pitch in the first half, and was the only person to actually do their job for the goal we conceded.

ETH saying it will take time for him to bed in holds up.

That poster who kept saying it would be like playing Bissaka in midfield might have been on to something.

I dream of a controlling midfielder who's comfortable taking the ball from our centre-backs, actively positions himself to receive the ball when we have possession and enjoys dictating play.

Imagine seeing a United midfielder with 100 passes in a game....even once. I think I'd cry with joy.

I wanted us to get a midfield who is comfortable on the ball but as per my feats he looks like the Awb of midfield - a signing made without any foresight or vision. Any away hope he improves over time and at least becomes a good squad option.

He’s crap.
With the new structure how and why did we approve this signing? Clearly the wrong profile of holding midfielder we need.

He needs to actually play in a midfield with other midfielders, and not in the suicidal setup we've been using for the last 2 years.

That poster who kept saying it would be like playing Bissaka in midfield might have been on to something.

I dream of a controlling midfielder who's comfortable taking the ball from our centre-backs, actively positions himself to receive the ball when we have possession and enjoys dictating play.

Imagine seeing a United midfielder with 100 passes in a game....even once. I think I'd cry with joy.
Like you, I’ve been bleating on about it for years how this clubs seems to hate midfielders who excel at passing and playmaking. All we ever sign are tacklers, box to box and AMs. As usual we have our priorities wrong.

Crap is quite harsh, he did his main job quite well, winning the ball back and making tackles. Made a great tackle just before Eriksen decided to give Twente their goal.

He's pretty good at holding on to the ball and recycling it to teammates, but his forward passing was poor.

I think he was fine. He did his job to stop their goal and another player immediately screwed it to to an unfixable extent for any DM.

You win some, you lose some in transfers. It’s funny because Casimero was 10x the player Ugarte was at 30 years old two seasons ago.

Like you, I’ve been bleating on about it for years how this clubs seems to hate midfielders who excel at passing and playmaking. All we ever sign are tacklers, box to box and AMs. As usual we have our priorities wrong.
But the baffling thing is every year it's destroyers who are crap on the ball who top the lists of 'what we need'.

Which brings me to the question oft Is there a destroyer who is crap on the ball playing for a top side in Europe anymore?

Let's hope for everyone's sake there's much more to come.

More time needed before making a judgement, but today was not a good performance

I thought he was crap.

Not saying he is crap or will be a crap signing, just that today, he was crap.

Bad moments coupled with a real lack of impact on the game whatsoever on the positive side...

Spooky start, I'm worried INEOS got far too wrapped up in the metrics of his final Sporting season instead of noting moreso his performances the following year. But we'll see, not going to panic yet.

But the baffling thing is every year it's destroyers who are crap on the ball who top the lists of 'what we need'.

Which brings me to the question oft Is there a destroyer who is crap on the ball playing for a top side in Europe anymore?

Let's hope for everyone's sake there's much more to come.
No becuase football has moved on. But Manchester United refuse to.

Still, it’s too early to be very harsh on Ugarte but tbf we were told that this is what he is (like a good version of this)

Thought he was fine but there were 2 times he received the ball in the air and his first touch was heavy allowing an opponent to close him down and try to win the ball. Will need to be tighter with that

Going to reserve judgement on Ugarte until he's been playing regularly along side Mainoo for some time. I don't think he was absolutely dreadful tonight, quite a few mis placed passes yes, but did his defensive duties ok.