Manuel Ugarte Uruguay flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
No way. We can’t afford him getting injured in a game we can manage without him. Play Casemiro and Eriksen. Rest Mainoo and ugarte.

Ugarte and Mainoo start vs palace.
We can't wrap him in cotton wool! He should be fit and ready to play. It's the perfect opportunity to bed him into the team. 60 mins on Tuesday, and he'll be ready to start vs Palace

We can't wrap him in cotton wool! He should be fit and ready to play. It's the perfect opportunity to bed him into the team. 60 mins on Tuesday, and he'll be ready to start vs Palace
Or you could look at it like a week to train with team, recover him the illness he had in week. Fit and firing to go in the prem. if we was playing better opposition a might feel difference but we don’t need to stretch our squad for Barnsley.

We won’t be playing a full strength squad, got europa starting next week. Premier in full swing now.

It’s all fun and games until he gets injured. Let players that need minutes play. Keep best starting 11 injury free. If we need ugarte to beat Barnsley we got issues
We don't need him to beat them but as I say it's a perfect game to get him up to speed before hopefully starting a tricky premier league game away to Palace. He's got a great fitness/injury record, so just needs to get the minutes into him now

We don't need him to beat them but as I say it's a perfect game to get him up to speed before hopefully starting a tricky premier league game away to Palace. He's got a great fitness/injury record, so just needs to get the minutes into him now
He’s joined United though, good injury records mean nothing :(

We won’t be playing a full strength squad, got europa starting next week. Premier in full swing now.

It’s all fun and games until he gets injured. Let players that need minutes play. Keep best starting 11 injury free. If we need ugarte to beat Barnsley we got issues
Ugarte needs minutes

Yes, he's played a grand total of 20ish minutes for us so far, should be getting a rest now.

I’m referring to the national team minutes and the fact we have so many games coming up. Barnsley isn’t a priority

Barnsley isn't, but getting Ugarte up to speed should be a priority. It's a perfect match to let him start and play for an hour or so.

I like how he was giving out directions to our defense. What I didn't like that he was instructed to stay in the same position as Casemiro does
I reckon the two are linked. He kept cajoling them to move up... so he had more freedom to press further up

He had 2 or 3 really nice cushioned lay offs from dropping balls that just quickly and tidily moved the ball on. Good cameo to build on.

Martinez called him ‘el pulpo’. Is that an existing nickname? Kinda fitting

I thought it was a very good game for him to come on and get his first minutes. He looked very solid in possession, won the ball back several times and even managed to flatten Lallana who run into him.

The PL universe couldn't handle him and Lisandro on the same turf together, would have been too much aggression, thus Licha had to go off

I hope he shaves his head to look ultra mean like when Keane did it. Proper snarly

Once he gets "minutes" and is integrated into the team, I'd be curious to see how he partners with Casemiro. Casa legs have gone so him as holding is just not what we want in the Premier League. But casa driving forward into the box, passing (when in the oppositions half), extra steel when necessary and covered by Ugarte, it could be a great combo. As much talent Mainoo has, I'd like to see him drop to the bench a bit, we cannot rely on a youngster entirely, it's not fair on him, even if he is good enough. Hopefully Ugarte helps us rotate a bit more freely.