2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Uruguays best player in both games.
He's played 170mins for them, Ten Hag making his own noose if he doesn't start him again Southampton.
TBF, a player travelling to South America, playing almost two full games, and travelling back for the earliest kick-off of the weekend would often be seen as a perfectly valid reason to use them as a sub for that match. Especially when it was his first games for ages.

The very good news is he's shown he's fit enough to feature, looked in good form, and seems to have come through them unscathed. Whether it's worth the gamble of starting him again on Saturday morning, or using him as a sub for that first match, should depend on how his body reacts to those first two competitive games of the season.

TBF, a player travelling to South America, playing almost two full games, and travelling back for the earliest kick-off of the weekend would often be seen as a perfectly valid reason to use them as a sub for that match. Especially when it was his first games for ages.

The very good news is he's shown he's fit enough to feature, looked in good form, and seems to have come through them unscathed. Whether it's worth the gamble of starting him again on Saturday morning, or using him as a sub for that first match, should depend on how his body reacts to those first two competitive games of the season.

Yup. I would say there's precisely zero chance of him starting at the weekend.

He will long distance travelling today/last night , in training tomorrow for his first real training session at the club , early Saturday noon kick off. Very unlikely he starts or even features.

I'm hoping this guy can improve us , otherwise expect more crap from the outsiders.

Uruguays best player in both games.
He's played 170mins for them, Ten Hag making his own noose if he doesn't start him again Southampton.

Hold up, he’s played two games in the space of 6 days and flying back from South America today. Hardly a shocker if he doesn’t start in a team he’s never played for and players he never even trained with. Get real

Hold up, he’s played two games in the space of 6 days and flying back from South America today. Hardly a shocker if he doesn’t start in a team he’s never played for and players he never even trained with. Get real
Your right, it's never been done before.
Crazy stuff.

Yes players have never started immediately in new teams. They all need 4-6 weeks to train with said shit team before getting a start.

Yes players have never started immediately in new teams. They all need 4-6 weeks to train with said shit team before getting a start.
Ye Bruno played his debut against wolves like a few days after signing. Think the biggest issue we have is him travelling back from South America. So although we all want him to start so bad, I reckon he’ll be on the bench.

Hope whoever it was that was arguing with me that his passing is poor watches.

His passing can be elite at times.
Which is good if we have willing runners which I’m sure Garnacho will make them runs for him. Rashford does but doesn’t always stay onside.

Ye Bruno played his debut against wolves like a few days after signing. Think the biggest issue we have is him travelling back from South America. So although we all want him to start so bad, I reckon he’ll be on the bench.
I mean won’t he be back today or tomorrow? It’s not like he’s flying in Saturday morning. Is Garnacho already back?

I mean won’t he be back today or tomorrow? It’s not like he’s flying in Saturday morning. Is Garnacho already back?
If he’s back tomorrow then that only gives him Friday to train and meet his new team mates properly. Not sure about Garnacho but I see where you’re coming from. If Garnacho starts then Ugarte should have aswell.

Beauty in motion as far as I'm concerned. Soteldo was taking the piss (clip starts at the third guy trying to dispossess him), nothing wrong with getting physical and reminding him he is just a short-arsed midget. Bielsa wasn't happy, mind.

Looked a bit leggy second half but it was pissing with rain throughout and the pitch was a swamp.

If he’s back tomorrow then that only gives him Friday to train and meet his new team mates properly. Not sure about Garnacho but I see where you’re coming from. If Garnacho starts then Ugarte should have aswell.

Yeah I guess I’m just saying I don’t think it’s as serious as some (coaches) seem to act. If we signed Vini Friday I don’t give a feck if he lands 2 hours before kickoff he’d still be on that left wing and have 0 issue cooking Southampton.

Ugarte not knowing who the feck Amad is shouldn’t stop him from putting in tackles/breaking up play :lol:

Ultimately we are playing like shit and there’s substantial heat on the manager. ETH should probably consider featuring his best players in one of our weakest areas as soon as possible.

Players play after travelling all the time, Martinez and Garnacho will probably feature after both having been in the country next door to Ugarte too.

Against Barnsley in the League cup looks a far safer bet for his first start.

He’s really good on the ball. He’s just not a playmaker. He has a killer long ball and a lovely switch of play and he can dribble out of trouble. It’s going to be great to finally see someone at their actual physical peak with their best football in front of them coming into the engine room. This guy is the most exciting transfer of the summer for me. Him or Yoro

He’s really good on the ball. He’s just not a playmaker. He has a killer long ball and a lovely switch of play and he can dribble out of trouble. It’s going to be great to finally see someone at their actual physical peak with their best football in front of them coming into the engine room. This guy is the most exciting transfer of the summer for me. Him or Yoro

Yes - this. I'm super excited by the idea of having him in the side. I was watching the copa america games like a kid in the candy store.

Onana, Dalot, Martinez, Yoro, Mazraoui, Ugarte, Mainoo, Bruno, Garnacho, Amad, Zirkzee as a XI is both technically and physically very strong. The only limitation is the manager - if he can't get a tune out of this then he def needs to be shipped out, no more excuses.

mctominay-mctom-jesus.gif

The more important question is, was the Uruguyan #20 grabbing at the opposition player's balls there?

Usually a wing forward filling in as a midfielder, so probably not.
I dont see how his position means he wasnt grabbing that guy's balls :wenger:

Probably the coach said something like "go after the balls" and he took it a little too literally

I dont see how his position means he wasnt grabbing that guy's balls :wenger:

Probably the coach said something like "go after the balls" and he took it a little too literally
Because he gets his arm across to impede him and his hand ends up there. Ball to hand, easy call. There isn't a hint of pain or reaction.

Now, if that was Vinnie Jones....

Because he gets his arm across to impede him and his hand ends up there. Ball to hand, easy call. There isn't a hint of pain or reaction.

Now, if that was Vinnie Jones....
:lol: btw my post was in jest in case it was not clear

red card waiting to happen he is

I think he will play. Good after match meal, private jet back to Manchester sleeping most of the way. Trained today, probably a light session tomorrow and flight to Southampton. Think he will be fine.

ETH already tempering expectations with the "came later than everybody else" in presser today

red card waiting to happen he is
Why? That obstruction above is a yellow at worst. He isn't really the sort that goes around flying into tackles with his studs up. Never seen him as a walking red card and generally feel quite comfortable when he is on a yellow. Not same pace as the PL, granted.