Maintenance complete. Now give yourself to the dark side!

It’s weird. It’s fixed now but others have changed. It’s like it changes depending on where it is in the order.

IMG-2549.jpg

Think it's when the left padding on the a few seconds ago is breached and pushes that text to the third line

I could be losing my mind here... but if I have notifications that I haven't interacted with they don't get tallied up on the icon but I feel like the did before.

I've made a few fixes as per the feedback:

- Missing icons in Firefox are fixed
- User award icons are now back instead of showing the actual full award text which was cluttering up the user info box in posts
- Thread ignore settings should now be restored for everyone
- Left padding on thread lists has been fixed, this was particularly noticeable on mobile devices
- Fixed a missing text translation relating to user notes which mods were seeing
- I checked the width of the user info box (i.e. the box on the left with my name and details). The width seems to be the same as it always was.

Still to do:

- Check whether quotes in posts should be fully expanded by default or collapsed, I honestly can't remember. Any help? :confused:
- Restore the missing thread type icons in the Entertainment forum (e.g. gaming, TV)
- Make already read threads more obvious in dark mode, seems to be hard to distinguish from unread threads
- Make some dark mode icons less colourful so they don't draw so much attention to themselves
- Make the dark theme breadcrumb bar less bright on mobile
- Look into making posts more distinguishable in dark mode
- A few other minor styling tweaks I've noticed that are low priority

Anything I've missed?

Can’t remember in general but the mod approval queue it was definitely never like this. Posts that quote something and only have a few lines were always fully visible and I have to expand every single one now.

Can’t remember in general but the mod approval queue it was definitely never like this. Posts that quote something and only have a few lines were always fully visible and I have to expand every single one now.

Long-ish quotes were definitely collapsed by default.

Edit: these spaces are killing me

Whatever you guys did, it was a great job. Tweets load for me now, so I don’t have to go to Twitter every single fecking time to see what that particular tweet said.
Great job folks!

All in all, I’m definitely preferring the dark theme a lot more.. the caf was literally the only page I visit that was still white and it would hurt my eyes sometimes..
I just don’t know if this grey-ish background is the right one or should it be darker..
I also think that some icons like page number icons or the headings could be in a different color(s) instead of everything just being mostly white/grey.

What do the green text icons signify on the front page list of threads?

What do the green text icons signify on the front page list of threads?

It means you've posted in that thread. If you hover over it, it will tell you how many times you've posted in it.

"in a minute"
"in a minute"
"in a moment"
"a few seconds ago"
What the flip? Never seen that before :confused:

Could it be a clock mismatch - the device's clock is slow and so a post is being described as in the future?

If I highlight the second part of your quote, the one without colour formatting (the word "seem" in this case), it looks like this when I go to change colour:

erEutos.png

But when I highlight lskdjfskldf, and try to change its colour, it looks like this:

eBhUPeZ.png

I can't remember what it looked like yesterday (despite using it often). Some kind of conformation that this is the current colour, I assume.
Very odd. I can't reproduce that.

What browser / OS / device are you using when this happens?

Yep I've had the same thing as well. Suddenly everything has gone white text.

Never mind, everything's okay again.

Some of them have always been like that. You can only watch them on X.
Nope I'm aware of those. They'll take you to x if you click on them. On my phone using Firefox they just seem to spin and spin but never play. Worked fine on my laptop last night, though.

Edit: working on the phone now, too.

Text looks kind of blurry when I click on my new notifications(standard red theme).

Another day another catalogue of bugs squashed:

- Dark mode background is now darker which should improve the contrast between elements on the page, particularly in threads where posts should now be more easily distinguishable from each other
- The title of read threads and forums are now lighter in dark mode to more easily distinguish them from unread ones
- The replied and sticky thread icons are no longer green in dark mode so they're less distracting
- The breadcrumb bar on mobile in dark mode is now a darker colour so it doesn't stand out so much
- The approval queue now shows the full post rather than collapsing it in certain scenarios (this one's for you mods!)
- Increased the size a quote gets collapsed from 150px to 250px
- Various other tweaks you'll never know!

Yeah, thanks for all that hard work, Niall. Dark mode looks great today! :+1:

Yesterday, I switched between both and couldn't decide which I preferred. Today I've spent most of it on Dark mode as it's looking great.

Another day another catalogue of bugs squashed:

- Dark mode background is now darker which should improve the contrast between elements on the page, particularly in threads where posts should now be more easily distinguishable from each other
- The title of read threads and forums are now lighter in dark mode to more easily distinguish them from unread ones
- The replied and sticky thread icons are no longer green in dark mode so they're less distracting
- The breadcrumb bar on mobile in dark mode is now a darker colour so it doesn't stand out so much
- The approval queue now shows the full post rather than collapsing it in certain scenarios (this one's for you mods!)
- Increased the size a quote gets collapsed from 150px to 250px
- Various other tweaks you'll never know!
Great improvements!