Maintenance complete. Now give yourself to the dark side!

3. The new menu bars for e.g. emojis, quote, text effects etc are a bit shit.

I would definitely agree with this (but probably be less blunt!:lol:) not immediately obvious what each one does and I’ve only worked it out by clicking them all. I feel like those menus were pretty clear before.
I agree the menu bar is trickier to navigate for posting. Though, fortunately, I'm a pretty unambitious poster who mostly just sticks to the text, italics and emojis, so I haven't needed to figure out what most of the symbols are for so far!

As regards preferring it or not - I'm loving the dark mode! I've not used the original one for ages. And ever since the subsequent tweaks that refined it further, I think it's visually pretty much perfect at this stage. :+1:

Has the preview function been removed? It was quite handy for formatting and proof reading before posting reducing the need to edit posts.
I still have it: right-hand side of the bar. The difference is that it switches your post to preview mode, so you can't look at the preview and edit your text, you have to switch back to edit mode first.