Maintenance complete. Now give yourself to the dark side!

Not sure if this is the thread for it but embedded tweets won't load since the update. I'm on Firefox mobile. Any suggestions?

I'm having a strange issue (Firefox, Win 10) where if I try to put in a smiley exactly here: it does it, but then the cursor moves to behind it, and then if I keep writing the smiley moves down a line:
:cool:

What does this do?

Q2360YK.png

Is it possible to make the font for the join date smaller or the user panel wider so it always fits on one line? Weirdly it does it when I type this but not when it's actually posted.

soliuis1.jpg

solius2.jpg

What does this do?

Q2360YK.png
That's a feature of Threadmarks we don't use. There was a permissions issue after the upgrade which meant it was showing when it shouldn't. It should be removed now.

We can now see what the caf grandpas write on their own profile. GB doing a Rooney on twitter.

qCAECkX.png

The top breadcrumbs don't seem to be working on mobile when using dark mode

Last edited:
Really nice job by the mods to refresh everything.

But I've had one problem before that persists now after the refresh, which is that the various editing tools such as bold and other kinds of formatting are all grayed out. Can one of the mods restore that functionality for me? Thanks!

Mobile, Brave Browser (chrome), light mode: tapping spoiler icon in WYSIWYG editor renders spoiler input contained at bottom of view which is overlayed by the device keyboard.

Really nice job by the mods to refresh everything.

But I've had one problem before that persists now after the refresh, which is that the various editing tools such as bold and other kinds of formatting are all grayed out. Can one of the mods restore that functionality for me? Thanks!
Click the [ ] button

Mobile, Brave Browser (chrome), light mode: tapping spoiler icon in WYSIWYG editor renders spoiler input contained at bottom of view which is overlayed by the device keyboard.
The WYSIWYG is a third party plug-in used by XenForo. The plug-in will need to fix that bug before it is fixed here.

Hopefully that’ll be included as part of an upcoming XenForo upgrade.

OisYnwN.jpeg

ZsfnS2L.jpeg

@Niall “Add threadmark” jumps to the next row whenever it says “Yesterday”, “New” or shows online status (or a combination of these).

The "remove formatting" feature doesn't seem to work. I copy and paste something in bold from another site but the formatting isn't removed.

Screenshot-2024-07-20-150621.png

Keep getting this notification in between scrolling threads since maintenance

What does it say when you click on "Details"?

Ignored it beforehand unfortunately, it pops up after a few mins on a specific page very intermittent.

If come across it again ill screenshot the details pane too.

Can we have a setting to change your font color to the colour of the viewers theme please? So white text jokes don't die :)

I like that you don't need to click on someone's profile to ignore them anymore.

I think there could do to be a differentiation with links, at the moment it appears as standard text.
Got the same comment from a newbie:
On an entirely unrelated note, is some change in the works that makes links visible in dark mode as it does with the light theme? The source links I worked into my starter post look the same as normal text in dark mode, so it can be hard to notice that there even are links in there. Can't ask in the relevant thread due to insufficient rights to post in the Admin/Mod help forum.

Last edited:
Get the same comment from a newbie:
Yeah came here to suggest similar, it could do some contrast on interactive elements for accessibility purposes if not aesthetic.

Also, now white text is useless it would be good to have an invisible text colour which matches background colour

I think there could do to be a differentiation with links, at the moment it appears as standard text.

Got the same comment from a newbie:

Yeah came here to suggest similar, it could do some contrast on interactive elements for accessibility purposes if not aesthetic.

Also, now white text is useless it would be good to have an invisible text colour which matches background colour

Yes good call. I've made links bold and underlined in posts in dark mode.

Better?

I've also made links in other areas underlined to better distinguish them from normal text. Larger links which are bold remain without an underline (e.g. thread list titles).

Hopefully it's not confusing :confused:

I've also made links in other areas underlined to better distinguish them from normal text. Larger links which are bold remain without an underline (e.g. thread list titles).

Hopefully it's not confusing :confused:

I think they might need to be a different colour entirely.

It's all a bit heavy on the old underlines now, isn't it?

image-2024-07-29-145522044.png

OisYnwN.jpeg

ZsfnS2L.jpeg

@Niall “Add threadmark” jumps to the next row whenever it says “Yesterday”, “New” or shows online status (or a combination of these).

Protip: You can resize an image after pasting it in by just dragging it.

It's all a bit heavy on the old underlines now, isn't it?

image-2024-07-29-145522044.png

It's all very emphatic.

Hopefully it can be changed, it's very distracting. :lol:

Well, underlining is the universal convention for links so it's not exactly uncommon, just different for this particular site. The default theme doesn't have underlined links as the red links stand out more easily. Dark theme is more challenging as red text does not read well on the grey background so that's out.

We played around with different link colour options before launching the dark theme but it was challenging - they either looked really gaudy or less readable.

Happy to experiment with different options if anyone has suggestions?

I wouldn't be able to tell unless I could have a play around with it. But maybe blue?

Blue doesn't really fit into the overall colour scheme. Plus we don't want people thinking this is a Man City site! :eek:

You can play around with it in the developer tools in your browser - if you know how what you're doing that is :)

Sorry - remove my thread. Didn't realise there was dozens of us. Sorry but the underlines don't work. Just have a bright/light red. Job done.