Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Absolute joke. Shouldn’t have gone away with England.
Probably injured himself by thinking he actually has to play for MU and not England.

Really is a joke now, I love him and rate him highly when he's injury free, but at this point we should just try and sell him and get a new LB, asap.

Edit: Luke Shaw will miss the opening games of the Premier League season due to a calf injury sustained at the start of pre-season training.

From Fabrizio Romano on X... so I wasn't far from it with my joke about how he got injured.

We basically played an entire season last year without a left back.

And we're starting a new season with those 2 left backs still out injured. It's amazing.

Want him gone at the end of the season.

How long has he got left on his contract, this is his last one with us for sure.

He's here until whenever his contract ends.

No club will be willing to pay the wages he's on with how often he's injured.

We're stuck with him the same way we were stuck with Martial to the bitter end.

Bloody joke.. ffs again he's injured I'm sure the guys made out of plastic cheap one..

Destined to follow in the footsteps of Martial! We cannot even start to look for alternatives seeing as both Shaw and Malacia salaries need to be covered with zero involvement. We must have set some sort of record of number of long terms injury layoffs at a club.

The guy is a teflon don I've been saying it for the longest time!
We need to get rid of him, saying he's injured is like saying the sky is blue at this point.

Seriously... What in the hell? So tired of this guy getting hurt. Every time I see Shaw it is either hurt or he is spitting on the grass. I love the guy as a talent, but he is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine with his fecking injuries!!!!!

cant play for us because of injury. Still decides to play in the Euros towards the end. Gets a full vacation because he half played in the euros. Comes back and gets hurt... Out for at least a month... what a joke!

Love to know what actually triggered this.
Was it the England games themselves, was it taking a break after the few weeks of being back fit?

Or just utterly prone to stuff now?

As good as he is when fit, he is but one of a few players here who just reek of the failings of the last decade and whom I think we should look to phase out the team. The fact we can't rely on him to be fit at left back (and he can get fit for the euros but not the start of the season), we can't rely on a Rashford to have a good season, we can't rely on a Sancho to be even decent. These are all players that need to be phased out of the starting line up and ideally squad because first and foremost we need to be able to trust that these players will controbite positively to a season amd rely on them. Hopefully Mazraoui can do a job at left back and stay fit with us maybe going after Hermoso.

Presumably we start with Mazraoui on the right and Dalit on the left? I'm normally sympathetic to an injured player, but really struggling to feel it with Shaw now.

No longer feels fit for purpose, without availability, ability is irrelevant.

I said all last season a new left back was a priority. It's not an excuse Ten Hag can use anymore as we all knew this would happen.

A first choice left back has to be a priority next season, while Amass still develops. Getting rid of both shaw and malacia

I dont agree with this guy on much but he is right here. Its totally unacceptable in my opinion for him to not be match fit given the circumstances. You are a footballer. Its your job to be in shape 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Especially when you didn't play for basically half of the last season and then went and rushed yourself back to play for England. Show the same commitment for the club paying your wages.
Well this is a dumb opinion.

Players get injured, some more so than others.

He hardly rushed back for England given he missed the majority of the tournament

We have known for many years Shaw would miss a chunk of every season and yet we are somehow still reliant on him