Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Always thought him carrying far too much excess weight certainly can’t have helped his ongoing fitness issues. Doesn’t look like he’s ever really tried to slim down.

He’s probably been on silly money since 18 years old. Lazy and overpaid, epitome of the post Fergie era.

His contract was only extended last year until 2027 and he’s been injured most of the time

When are we going to get decent return from our players after their contracts are renewed? Rashford is annother and will be interesting to see how Bruno performs this season.

I bet Ratcliffe is pissed I remember the video of him telling him not to get injured whilst on duty for England, I'm sure it was tongue in cheek but was probably an element of truth to it.

The injuries are deeply frustrating and all too predictable but I am am not buying that he does not want to play. Phil Jones and others have talked about how utterly soul destroying it is when your body keeps letting you down and I am certain Luke is gutted to have picked up another problem. The Luton game in February was an example of how he is willing to play when he probably isn't physically ready because he does not want to let the team down.

Looking ahead we are likely to pick up cheap cover like Hermoso before the window closes but unless Amass takes a massive leap forward a new starter for the LB position is vital in the next 12 months. Luke is fine to keep around as cover for the LB/LCB position but it has to be with the understanding that he has a limit of 25-30 games a season and should not be expected to play back to back midweeks and weekends as it is inevitable he will break down if overused.

Let's be honest he's done, if you ain't consistent and are continuously plagued with injuries you can't be playing at a top level/club

He could have at least played one league game before getting injured for a thousandth time.

Sign that left sided defender on a free that use to play for Atletico, Hermoso?. We needed two new left back and a right back to challenge Dalot. Instead we got a fullback that can supposedly play either side but also doesn’t have the best fitness record. That or it’s time to see what Amass can do with the first team. We will get Shaw back at some point but Ten Hag should be making plans without him.

Disgrace. If he sat a full season and then went to the Euros and return injured and SAF was the manager, he wouldn’t play for United again. The guy prioritized England over United. He made his choice. Replace him the first chance you get.

We can't rely on him anymore and he should be the back up to a new first choice left back.

We need to get in a proper replacement, he's great when fit but that doesn't count for much when he's so regularly out injured.

Fecking useless. I'm not usually the type to disrespect our players but he's taking the piss out of us.

Rushed back to start one fecking game for England which has meant not starting the season for the club who pays his wages. Absolute joke!

I rate him as a player more than most do - honestly - but I'm done with him. No point trying to build an XI if you have a 50/50 chance of your best leftback playing in any given match.

Pathetic. He should be donating half his weekly wage to charity quite honestly

Definitely more of a worry now with his age and history. Maybe he shouldn’t play as a LB anymore .

Love to know what actually triggered this.
Was it the England games themselves, was it taking a break after the few weeks of being back fit?

Or just utterly prone to stuff now?
Never been the same after breaking his leg. That’s what caused all of this.

I sincerely don’t want to see this guy play for us again. If we have a new RB in the form of the lad from Bayern, I’d happily let him sit on the sidelines.

Play the new lad and Dalot and breed Amass with minutes to take over in the next season or two.

Jesus Christ!

I know the 'injury' was picked up during pre-season training with us, but Shaw should retire from international football at the very least and concentrate on playing football for the club who has spent so much time and money on him.

We should look to bring a left-back in on loan is possible this summer.

Obviously a great player when fit, but his injury record is long past being a concern and it's now becoming a joke.

We simply cannot remain reliant on him as first choice for much longer. So many other issues to resolve this window that I can fully understand only addressing it short term for now - a loan or cheap free transfer addition.

But next summer at the very latest has to be the time we bring in another first choice left back. We just can't keep gambling on Shaw's fitness and invariably being left making do for much of the season.

Yeah he's done. First signing next summer should be a starting LB. Hobble along with Mazraoui, Martinez, Malacia etc. for this season.

What ever happened to Serge Regullion ?? At least he could run, stay fit and cross the ball. Shaw is fast becoming a liability and waste of a squad space.

Frustrating for everyone, most of all him.

It’s on the club that we have this problem, though. INEOS can bring in a left back in the next fortnight and if they don’t then that’s their decision.

Yeah he's done. First signing next summer should be a starting LB. Hobble along with Mazraoui, Martinez, Malacia etc. for this season.
That's a cracking bunch that is.
Malachi the most worrying, as he seems nowhere near it even 18months on.

But Martinez we could all do with seeing play for 6months fit. He's had a few layoffs already.

Wow.... And I thought ETH was playing it safe by not including this dude in the game against City. Turns out he's actually injured again. Unbelievable. :lol:

Enough is enough get him out of the club. His time here is done. Get that Hermoso guy on a free and look for a proper starting LB next season.

Wow.... And I thought ETH was playing it safe by not including this dude in the game against City. Turns out he's actually injured again. Unbelievable. :lol:

Enough is enough get him out of the club. His time here is done. Get that Hermoso guy on a free and look for a proper starting LB next season.
Yes, forgot about Hermoso.

We should move on
He's 29, he's never going to be fit enough

We can't move on because we can't move him on. Nobody is paying for a LB who's only fit for just long enough to be in the England tournament and then his paper thin bones can't play the rest of the season.

He's got three years left on his latest big contract. The only way he's leaving the club is if they pay him off.

This is so frustrating, I was really looking forward to watching him back for us. Miles ahead of anyone else in the league and makes us a much better side. I would say thankfully it’s not too long an injury, but that is only as of today. I’m sure he’ll ‘suffer a setback’ or two in his recovery sadly.

Wow - can this guy just stay fit? We need to sign a reliable left back for once. Get Hermoso in as a stop gap solution.

A real shame. Feel for the guy. Pure quality when fit. Get well soon Mr. Shaw

Shaw is the player I most hate to love. Absolutely amazing work rate on the pitch and always good for a moment of magic or two, but his injuries continue to feck us sideways.

This guy is of absolutely no use to us anymore. In 10 years time he’s probably going to come out with an interview talking about how sad he was about the criticism he took from United fans just for being injured, but he absolutely deserves it. He has made no effort to lose his perpetual pot belly, which undoubtedly has not helped with his injuries, and continually chooses England over the club that pays his wages.

If only we had INEOS back in 2014. They’d have gutted him the moment the first accusation of a lack of professionalism was made towards him by LvG mere weeks after their first meeting.