Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Time to get rid. Fantastic player but hardly ever fit. We need a reliable LB who will consistently play 30+ league games per season.

Almost no-one on the planet thought missing tonnes of last year and going to the Euros was a clever decision and would work out well.
I don't think it mattered much. He would have got injured in our opening couple of games instead.

Time to get rid. Fantastic player but hardly ever fit. We need a reliable LB who will consistently play 30+ league games per season.

Yeah that injury proved to be career shortening, shame really because he was flying when it happened

Yeah that injury proved to be career shortening, shame really because he was flying when it happened
He was injured for 120+ days in 2014/15. So there is no guarantee he would have been injury free later in his career. The sample size of the games where he was flying in 2015/16 is really small to say anything.

He was injured for 120+ days in 2014/15. So there is no guarantee he would have been injury free later in his career. The sample size of the games where he was flying in 2015/16 is really small to say anything.

Jeez was he injured for that long

Wonder if we'll look at a left back in the winter window, as Dalot gets injured and we're playing Collyer there or Antony?

Luke Shaw will end up having not been available for almost two entire seasons, while Malacia is still out and the club didn't even entertain replacing him, and people put all the blame on Ten Hag. These results that have gone against us were fine margins this season, we have played good in general. Had we had a proper leftback on sunday and not Dalot maybe that goal doesn't go in, and I guarantee the entire complexion of that game would change, to me, that performance was down to the shellshock of giving up that goal.

Luke Shaw will end up having not been available for almost two entire seasons, while Malacia is still out and the club didn't even entertain replacing him, and people put all the blame on Ten Hag. These results that have gone against us were fine margins this season, we have played good in general. Had we had a proper leftback on sunday and not Dalot maybe that goal doesn't go in, and I guarantee the entire complexion of that game would change, to me, that performance was down to the shellshock of giving up that goal.

Running back has nothing to do if you are left back or right back. The amount of time Dalot was actually watching Johnson is baffling to me. He simply did not care in that instance. He knows that he will be picked up next week again. No repercussions, no matter how he plays.

Amass should get a couple of games. Youngsters sometimes surprise us.
I'm not against it but I'm also a bit worried about how we treat some youngsters. Look at the likes of Mainoo and Garnacho, they play an insane number of matches and long term it could be detrimental.

I'm not against it but I'm also a bit worried about how we treat some youngsters. Look at the likes of Mainoo and Garnacho, they play an insane number of matches and long term it could be detrimental.
That’s only cause we have ETH who refused to rotate last year. Either he plays the youngsters he likes in every game or he won’t play them at all. Example is Wheatley was on the bench against Barnsley. Think we were up 5-0 when Rashford came off and he brought on Zirkzee and Bruno.

I don't know when his contract expires but this should be his last for United. No +1 extensions, and certainly no new offer.

We are done here.

I don't know when his contract expires but this should be his last for United. No +1 extensions, and certainly no new offer.

We are done here.

Something like 285 games missed in a decade is spectacularly bad for him. I still think he’s your best fullback when fit though. I’ve always felt that he can attack effectively down the left whilst still actually doing his job as a defender. I think Dalot is a bit of an either/or - he can attack but he takes risks and makes significant errors in the process. Mazraoui may end up being better value for money for to his transfer fee, wages, injury susceptibility, but a fully fit Luke Shaw is the better player.

When it comes into Shaw he is either Buttner or Roberto Carlos. Nothing in between.

Having no ‘proper’ left back doesn’t excuse the obvious failings in setup and performances over the last season

Wouldn’t be shocked to see us sell him only for his “injuries” to magically never to reappear. Think he needs to go regardless. There’s definitely something amiss going on.

That leg break was the end of him. Unfortunately. We need to find the next best LB. Is there any decent ones in the Championship? Bit similar to Liverpool/robertson.

My frustration with Shaw solely comes down to his idiotic decision to go to the Euros. I know everyone wants to represent their nation at a major tournament but if it compromises your day job with a club that have been incredibly patient then my sympathy ends.

No player wants to be injured and he’s no different. We need to remember how bad an injury he sustained very early in his career so a bit of mitigating circumstances. But he can’t be relied upon anymore.

Amass is nowhere near ready to play with men.
Meh. Yes and no. He’s played in some of the EFL games against men (and been successful with the rest of the lads this season). Hard to say how far off he is.

You do have to be careful though with young players. I trust the club to get it right with him.

Amass is nowhere near ready to play with men.
And you won’t know that till you give him a chance. No one is asking him to start every single game but he could have played once or twice a month. Garnacho and Mainoo were given opportunities and look where they are.

I can see us running down Shaw’s contract and been released on a free. There’s no club going to pay a fee on him. Not a fully martial but not far off . When does his contract expire ?

And you won’t know that till you give him a chance. No one is asking him to start every single game but he could have played once or twice a month. Garnacho and Mainoo were given opportunities and look where they are.
He’s only just turned 17.

I trust the club to bed him in when the time is right. We don’t get young players wrong really. The team is under huge pressure and scrutiny at the moment so probably not an ideal situation to throw him in to an unsettled and imbalanced back 4.

Great player for sure, but I'll never be able to forgive him for being 100% committed to being fit for England, whilst being completely unreliable for us.

It's going to be a huge relief once he is
away from the club...

Mainoo is one of the best young midfielders in the world, and even then he has struggled (albeit misprofiled) this year. Garnacho is an attacking player so is far further up the pitch.

Amass is playing in a position where a mistake can lead to a goal. From what I've seen, at youth level and in the pre season friendlies, he looks suspect defensively. Throwing him out there would be akin to throwing a lamb to the wolves.

Great player for sure, but I'll never be able to forgive him for being 100% committed to being fit for England, whilst being completely unreliable for us.
Yeah, the last tournament when he clearly wasn’t fit and risked it just to be injured again, pissed me off no end.

I get playing for your country but he’s got to have some understanding of how much we pay him and how much we’ve supported him through injuries.

At his best, great… but that’s few and far between now. Time to move on