Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Don't believe much of this leg break talk, he's fit when it suits him. It suits him when he's playing either for trophies (England or United, some of the better seasons under Ole, Erik ten Hags first season) a contract or England.

He has no incentive to play for a midtable United team that will not compete for anything, there are no Euro's or World Cup either after the summer. The guy will likely not play more than 15 matches this season.

Don't believe much of this leg break talk, he's fit when it suits him. It suits him when he's playing either for trophies (England or United, some of the better seasons under Ole, Erik ten Hags first season) a contract or England.
He's missed two league cup finals, two FA Cup finals and a Europa League final and a full world cup. He's hardly picking a choosing based on trophies.

He hit some good form around 2 seasons ago but even then he rested on his laurels towards the end of that season had been average before his injury that kept him out much of last season.

He has a great first touch and good passer but his positioning has always been suspect and even his commitment has to come into question, not a leader also. All in all a grossly overrated footballer by a large section of our support.

It's not Shaws fault. Its Uniteds. Which other top team just relies on a left back that's not available half the time

Didn't Martial also play more games than Shaw?
Luke has a terrible injury record and wonder why we haven't sold him a few seasons ago.
I'd have an average LB available for all of the season than a world class one available for only a handful of games.

He hit some good form around 2 seasons ago but even then he rested on his laurels towards the end of that season had been average before his injury that kept him out much of last season.

He has a great first touch and good passer but his positioning has always been suspect and even his commitment has to come into question, not a leader also. All in all a grossly overrated footballer by a large section of our support.
Grossly overrated?!

He’s the best LB in the world when fit. Even when unfit he has the Spanish wingers in his pocket

Even if he recovers and plays like Roberto Carlos, he should be the first player on the list who needs to be thrown out of United squad next season. Turning up for Euro was the last straw. He has not played for United for 250 odd days now. He has absolutely no respect for Manutd. Mourinho was right about his mentality

The worst part is Malacia is even more injury prone than him. We also sign another injury prone LB/RB in Mazraoui. Luckily, we have discovered now that Martinez is better in LB than CB.

Was watching the CL last night and realized Spurs had sold Emerson Royale to Milan. Other clubs have no problems moving players on. United, on the other hand, pay so much money to unreliable (Shaw) and average (Lindelof) players, we struggle to get rid of them even when they're clearly surplus to requirements.

Turned off him when he gave an interview sort of blaming the club for bing injured while at the Euros.

Last edited:
Between him, Malacia & Mount, never mind everyone else, the injury record is atrocious. Malacia and Shaw I'd get rid of in the summer and even see what we could do with Mount. Players taking up spots in the squad him aren't capable of being relied upon to play 2 games in a row, never mind most of a season.

I really don't understand how Shaw can be out due to injury for the previous four months, suddenly be available for the Euros (and play quite well) and then be out due to injury again for the next four months with no end of his recovery schedule in sight.

Does a football club have no legal power whatsoever to prevent one of its players, given the circumstances described above, from competing for the national team?

Not really. Hardly top of the list given we do have two left backs, and signed a player who can play left back.

We don’t have unlimited money
We have Shaw and a guy that disappeared two years ago. Not the best of excuses if you put a bit of context into our options. Mazraoui has been good but sacrificing Dalot for him to play RB is also bittersweet.

We have Shaw and a guy that disappeared two years ago. Not the best of excuses if you put a bit of context into our options. Mazraoui has been good but sacrificing Dalot for him to play RB is also bittersweet.
I agree but it’s not baffling.

I’m sure there’s a to-do list and a budget. Certain priorities need to be made. Were never going to sign a top left back when we have two on the books and others who can play there.

I agree but it’s not baffling.

I’m sure there’s a to-do list and a budget. Certain priorities need to be made. Were never going to sign a top left back when we have two on the books and others who can play there.
IMO getting a top LB should have been a bigger priority that RB this summer, considering that we also bought 2 CBs and have Martinez. Dalot has been our most consistent player for over a year now, it's stupid that we have to switch him to LB where he is obviously not as good. Whoever makes the list list of priorities I think made a mistake here.

IMO getting a top LB should have been a bigger priority that RB this summer, considering that we also bought 2 CBs and have Martinez. Dalot has been our most consistent player for over a year now, it's stupid that we have to switch him to LB where he is obviously not as good. Whoever makes the list list of priorities I think made a mistake here.
Well wan Bissaka left so we needed a right back. Dalot cant play every game.

How did this spoofer even get injured again, is it the same one he was out for months with before the euros? It seemed he was injured basically as he returned to pre season training as he was ruled out of the community shield when similar to Mainoo he only returned to training about 3 days before.

Bit ridiculous that Yoro at this rate will be back before him and as I read somewhere Eriksen was back quicker from a cardiac arrest than the time since Shaw last played for us.

They probably don't even ask him what's wrong anymore. He just shows up to the physio room every morning and no-one questions it.

I know you answer in jest, but there has to be some kind of clause in his contract that guards against feigning injury. Whatever it is, I struggle to understand why the club refuses to explain what the injury is.

I like him. A lot. Also i rate him high as it goes. That is why i never criticized his injury record. But this time it is ridiculous.
You miss nearly whole season, go on Euros and then pick another injury in pre-season. And every "minor" injury becomes few months absence.

I can't believe that i am saying this but this is it. If this season will be another season with injuries, he needs to go.

How he manages to somehow always get ready for England and return to United and get injured for half a season is absurd. Should be sold asap

One of the players I genuinely dislike.

I don't think Shaw has done anything that should cause a United fan to genuinely dislike him. When he has been fit he has always put in a shift. He is injury prone and should have been moved on sooner but that is a management/ownership issue in trying to move on these injury prone players. However, I don't think he's done anything to warrant a personal dislike from united fans.