Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Owen left for peanuts. He also left right after Rafa had come in, this after he had been one of the players who had suggested that we appoint Benitez as our manager. He then went on to play for United.

Torres left for Chelsea. He went about it in the worst way possible to make things even worse. Again, this was after Kenny had just arrived and things were starting to look bright. This was after he made comments about never playing for another English club.

If you can't see how the Suarez situation is different...

So you conveniently forget about Suarez whoring himself about last season and almost ending up at Arsenal claiming afterwards that the club failed to keep their promise to him. Then he went on to have a great season and claimed 'Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to me. I'm very happy here and my family is happy here'.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-suarez-pledges-future-to-premier-league-club

And then he just happened to bite Chillieni at the most convenient time before moving to Barcelona.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nning-luis-suarez-claim-made-by-oscar-tabarez

Read into it what you will, but to say Suarez situation is different from the likes of Owen and Torres is not true. No idea why Liverpool fans seem to think otherwise. In fact I would say Torres and Owen didn't smear Liverpool's reputation like Suarez did. Just because Liverpool were financially compensated with 75 mil doesn't change what happened prior to that.

Last edited:
Suarez was worse to Liverpool in my opinion as a neutral. Tried to get out a few times, and truly embarrassed the club on more than one occasion.

If there ever was a case of player being bigger than the club this was it. Fortunately Suarez had a few brilliant seasons with Liverpool and paid them back on the pitch, he was the catalyst for them getting back into the CL.

So you conveniently forget about Suarez whoring himself about last season and almost ending up at Arsenal claiming afterwards that the club failed to keep their promise to him. Then he went on to have a great season and claimed 'Don't worry, nothing is going to happen to me. I'm very happy here and my family is happy here'.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-suarez-pledges-future-to-premier-league-club

And then he just happened to bite Chillieni at the most convenient time before moving to Barcelona.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nning-luis-suarez-claim-made-by-oscar-tabarez

Read into it what you will, but to say Suarez situation is different from the likes of Owen and Torres is not true. No idea why Liverpool fans seem to think otherwise. In fact I would say Torres and Owen didn't smear Liverpool's reputation like Suarez did. Just because Liverpool were financially compensated with 75 mil doesn't change what happened prior to that.

Standards are conveniently forgotten when the best player at their club is involved.

Whats Rooney riding prossies got to do with his worth as a player? Barney should stick to being a smug feck and keep the bile out of it
It was Grinner who brought Rooney up to be fair and Barney was just pointing out Rooney can equal Suarez In a cnut off depending on your opinion.

About Rooneys character? Did she shag prostitutes on the football field? No he didnt! Did Suarez bite three poor feckers on the field? Yes he did. Rooneys nocturnal habits have nothing to do with his behaviour or standing on the field and the same goes for Giggs

One of us has missed something here - I thought they were talking about khunt acts by players in general. Suarez is most definitely a massive massive (the biggest) khunt on the pitch, but Rooney and Giggs have topped him off it.

One of us has missed something here - I thought they were talking about khunt acts by players in general. Suarez is most definitely a massive massive (the biggest) khunt on the pitch, but Rooney and Giggs have topped him off it.

Maybe, I thought they were talking about on the pitch. Regardless I dont see why personal lives should be brought into it. I guarantee none of us on here are angels by any stretch

Maybe, I thought they were talking about on the pitch. Regardless I dont see why personal lives should be brought into it. I guarantee none of us on here are angels by any stretch

True, it's irrelevant in discussions regarding the players.

TBF, I wanted a 'Welsh Twat' tag.

It is quite simple, I would imagine many have seen little of Can & Markovic yet write them off as average. Let us see how they get on and give them a chance.

I don't make predictions but I think Lallana will be a cracking addition for us.

I can´t really say much about Markovic, but Liverpool fans would do well to not have too much expectations for Emre Can.

There was a time (around the U17 Euro 2011, where he was a starter for third placed Germany) when Can was rated as a big talent in Germany. He did not transition that well from youth football to senior level, though. Watching him for Bayern, I did not think for even a minute that he had what it takes to make a real stand there and while he played regularily for Leverkusen, he did not set the league on fire there either. Prone to getting booked quite often (here he will profit from the more lenient refereeing in the PL) and from time to time shaky especially vs. top competition, he played an overall decent season for them as DM with some less convincing games as LB. Decent is also probably the best word to describe him in general.

The question is if he is good enough for Liverpool´s ambitions, which are clearly CL football. In that aspect I would be surprised to see him as more as a squad option. Certainly not someone that should worry the supporters of the direct competition. I also think that his price is quite steep in comparision to other German talents. A better deal for Leverkusen than for Liverpool IMO.

Sleeping with prostitutes while his wife is pregnant, top lad.

Off the field issues matter to weirdos.It's all about the football played, the rest of the time I don't give a feck as long as they don't break any laws.
Their private lives belong to them, who the feck are we to judge them ?

The moral equivalence stuff is one-eyed selective garbage. Fans defend their own due to brilliance on the pitch. They love to bring up the flaws of opponents' players. It's sport to fans, kind of fun and done with relish.

Rory Smith talked well about this on The Game. A fan's ability to adopt a moral high ground is laughably common. These paragons of virtue laud their moral superiority over the rest. It's entirely hypocritical.

If you're going to question a player's character for on-field activities but then establish your own boundaries about not being allowed to bring up off-field abominations (despite it being well known news) then you're engaging in a dishonest discussion. These guys are public figures who brand themselves as more than just footballers they sell a lifestyle, they sit in interviews offering versions of themselves that fans lap up.

Reactions: Grinner

Yes but should we really care about these things ? Specially when it concerns their sex lives ? Football is a game and more than anything only the game part of it interests me. I can understand people disagree with me of course.

He can whore himself around to whoever he wants. He did the business on the pitch and gave it his all every time he played for us. There's also the fact that I'm not arsed about what other supporters think about our club and our reputation. I think the conspiracy theorists that believe he bit him to try and force a move out are deluding themselves. From the sounds of it, he was going whatever happened.

Yes but should we really care about these things ? Specially when it concerns their sex lives ? Football is a game and more than anything only the game part of it interests me. I can understand people disagree with me of course.

Giggs is definetely a bigger twat than Suarez if we count off the field stuff, but then Giggsy has been thoroughly professional in his stint at United. Can't say the same about Suarez who's costed his team with so many meaningless bans.

He can whore himself around to whoever he wants. He did the business on the pitch and gave it his all every time he played for us. There's also the fact that I'm not arsed about what other supporters think about our club and our reputation. I think the conspiracy theorists that believe he bit him to try and force a move out are deluding themselves. From the sounds of it, he was going whatever happened.
An odd conspiracy. Firstly, it ruined his own World Cup where he could've made a difference in later rounds. Secondly, it arguably made him less coveted by a potential buyer.

Giggs is definetely a bigger twat than Suarez if we count off the field stuff, but then Giggsy has been thoroughly professional in his stint at United. Can't say the same about Suarez who's costed his team with so many meaningless bans.

The good that has done for us far outweighs the bad.

The good that has done for us far outweighs the bad.

Not at all.

Ruined your global image so much so that the NYT ran a story criticising the actions of Suarez which resulted in an apology by Kenny and Suarez and also got countless bans. Yes his form was crucial to your CL spot but who's to say that you wouldn't have got it earlier when Suarez was banned for eight matches against Evra?

Not at all.

Ruined your global image so much so that the NYT ran a story criticising the actions of Suarez which resulted in an apology by Kenny and Suarez and also got countless bans. Yes his form was crucial to your CL spot but who's to say that you wouldn't have got it earlier when Suarez was banned for eight matches against Evra?

Well, yes, if he hadn't received the suspensions that would have been much better. He's still helped us far more than he's hurt us though.

I understand that you're supportive of him. Listen to neutrals on this though. The reasons why they tried to engineer moves don't matter, it's the lack of loyalty that's being pointed out. I remember the Rooney thread on here during the last one when 90% of you were giving him an absolute cnuting for his behaviour.
1. you aren't neutral.

2. I already called him a shitebag.

Not at all.

I genuinely think this is being overplayed. The news cycle is far too fast for such things to happen and to take hold. It was an unedifying spectacle but had it ruined Liverpool's image the club would've been unable to secure global contracts with the likes of Chevrolet, Warrior and a Standard Charter. These are powerful global brands who wanted to be associated with the club that had Suarez as their main man. Similarly, if it was so ruinous the likes of Adidas wouldn't have used Suarez for years as a poster boy.

I appreciate the sentiment, but images were bruised not ruined.

Yes he is but I personally don't care about personal issues.