View full 2024-25 profile

5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Crystal Palace 0:0 Man Utd New
I'd bench him for the next game for that disgraceful challenge. Absolute idiot.

Was playing for a draw. No idea if he is a moron or are these the instructions.

Took an infuriatingly long time to play every pass. Living off the back of a decent first season.

Down with that sort of thing. Unless its towards a rat like Di Maria, or Vitor Baia.

What the feck happened to him? Not only is he bad defending wise but passing forward is nonexistent. The amount he wastes times by just walking with the ball, not passing forward and then eventually passing it back is so stupid. Even Smalling would have made more forward passes.

Frankly he is an idiot. When Yoro gets back id like to see De Ligt and Yoro together, a bit more calm would be nice.

Wtf was he doing in the last 15 minutes? Was he genuinely thinking we are 1-0 up? Disgraceful

Again today Palace's two biggest chances came from him overcommitting on the halfway line, losing the challenge and blowing our defence wide open in the process.

He's not even good on the ball at this point. He slows our play down to walking pace, dawdles, waits, pauses, delays before finally delivering a 5 yard pass to De Ligt or Dalot.

Lucky not to be sent off too.

He's one of the least criticised players in the team, yet across his whole United career I genuinely believe he's had more bad performances than good.

Lucky, lucky man - what the feck was he thinking

Inexcusable walking with the ball so often. He couldn't have been instructed to do that as De Ligt wasn't doing the same. Inexcusable two footed jump as well. Really strange performance from him. He's one of my favourite players but if Yoro was available then I would drop Martinez for the next PL game.

Inexcusable walking with the ball so often. He couldn't have been instructed to do that as De Ligt wasn't doing the same. Inexcusable two footed jump as well. Really strange performance from him. He's one of my favourite players but if Yoro was available then I would drop Martinez for the next PL game.

This did my head in.

Wasn't as good as the last game, but made several good defensive contributions. Just never found his passes into midfield at all.

I feel like the 'stamp' is just a very strange looking misjudgement rather than him trying to do the Palace player. Looked like he didn't think he'd get there and was jumping to block a clearance, then realised he could get to the ball first and brought his feet down. Looked horrible though.

Slows us down so much. Should have been sent off for that ridiculous challenge.

Why was he imitating Maguire with his dawdling on the ball when there are only a few mins left on the clock. He is one I expect to break opposition lines with his passing but he was not really doing that well today.

And that is so unlike him. Not sure what was going through his head.

Poor game for him. Almost cost us by going missing in midfield. Stupid lunge/stamp too didn't help either

You really to have to wonder how he’s considered world-class by so many people. The number of brain farts he has on average is way too many. And also his lack of urgency when we need to win is quite something.

I understand him slowing the play down in the first 20 but with last few mins to go needs to speed it up, strange how passive he was with the ball.

Solid though, can’t be too critical.

That two footed leap was bizarre, would like some more urgency from him in possession.

This is why I wanted Kim. I haven't seen him since he went to Germany but with Napoli he would be looking for a forward or penetrating pass every time. He would pass with urgency and with a good zip on the pass too.

Martinez dawdling like that reminded me of Maguire, I thought he was cleverer than that

I’m a big fan but him holding onto the ball for so long each time in the last 20 minutes absolutely killed me, and our chances of winning, tonight. That lunge also seemed to kill our momentum a bit. Completely unnecessary.

Didn't think he was defensively bad but what an idiot for that two-footed challenge. Also took about 10,000 touches of the ball but in fairness the movement ahead of him in the second half was non-existent. Not a great start to the season for him.

Sky have just highlighted his part in the double Onana save as well, not good.

Because there was nothing on
Nah, his passing's just never been as good as advertised/hyped.

Even in his best season here he just about cracked the top 50% of centre-backs in the Premier League for progressive passes. This season he's sitting in the bottom 20% through our first five games.

He just doesn't bring nearly enough to justify voluntarily playing a slow, short defender who doesn't recognise his own limitations.

Wtf was he doing in the last 15 minutes? Was he genuinely thinking we are 1-0 up? Disgraceful

But a real coach would have been on the touch line losing his mind over the slow passing.

Ten Hag lets him and Onana take as long as they want.

I cringe when United fans go call him "butcher" because he needlessly goes around picking up yellow cards. Being angry isn't an attribute that helps us, having a brain is.

What the feck was that two footed challenge?

The Eze chance in the 2nd half came from him charging into midfield and leaving us short in defence, not for the first time this season.

I cannot understand why he takes so long to decide who to pass to. If we are winning, it is called time wasting. If we are not winning, I call it dumb. His dumb coach can just watch his dumb play over and over again. No telling off, no shouting to him to speed up the game.