Life after ETH — the next United manager

If we sack ten Hag who would you want as manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

Votes: 17 1.7%
  • Rúben Amorim

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 15 1.5%
  • Roberto de Zerbi

Votes: 14 1.4%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 43 4.4%
  • Sebastian Hoeneß

Votes: 41 4.2%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 51 5.2%
  • Andoni Iraola

Votes: 22 2.3%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 167 17.1%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 22 2.3%
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy

Votes: 20 2.0%
  • Marco Silva

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 138 14.1%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 166 17.0%
  • Xavi

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 62 6.3%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 50 5.1%
  • Fabian Hürzeler

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I was excited with the prospect of Tuchel managing us but mostly because he wasn’t ETH and has a clue about what he wants from his teams.

However i never enjoyed the football he delivered so not too fussed about him taking over the English NT.

I agree with you, but we all wanted Ten Hag before because he was exactly that - seemingly making Ajax big again.

Sporting Lisbon arguably has much less quality of players than Ajax did who are arguably a sleeping giant with one of the best youth systems of the world.

We were all happy signing Ten Hag -

Now who is the next candidates that will make us all happy?

The next Ten Hag up & coming managers are Xabi Alonso ; Ruben Amorim who have made their clubs big. Maybe Simeone fits this bracket but he is someone who looks very loyal to Athletico Madrid and is not really an up and coming manager.

Some managers who have already managed bigger clubs are managers like Zidane, Nagelsmann & Tuchel.

II think it's between those 5 who we get - with the short possibility we go for Mckenna or Carrick as our next British manager.
No he wasn’t exactly that because ten hag did well in Europe though, at least far better than Amorim in Europe. Ten hag’s Ajax beat his sporting side 4-2 and 5-1.

The realisation starting to set in that INEOS view Southgate as the heir apparent.

I fully expect Ten Hag to join City when Pep leaves too by the way. Then we'll see how shite he truly is :smirk:

I’m raging we’ve let the opportunity of bringing in Tuchel slip, especially if we go and sack ETH after the Brentford game. Has to be Amorim now for me.

With the Sporting Director going to City next season, it’s written in my eyes that they’ll get Amorim post-Pep.

Any chance we can get a cleaned up, more meaningful poll by the way? @Red Star One

Between them, Alonso, Nagelsmann and Tuchel take up almost half of the votes and they are all three not feasible as options. Let's get a poll with options that are actually relevant, to get a result of significance.

Just as I was warming to Tuchel!

He was our safety option. Now I don't see any desirable candidate as our next manager. Forget about Alonso; there's no way he would come to United.

The realisation starting to set in that INEOS view Southgate as the heir apparent.

I fully expect Ten Hag to join City when Pep leaves too by the way. Then we'll see how shite he truly is :smirk:

:lol: They will go nowhere near him. That's just a delusion that has been peddled by ten Hag fans (the few that are left).

I would love that to happen but it's not realistic in the slightest.

but we all wanted Ten Hag

We were all happy signing Ten Hag
Easy there.

How many managers have looked great for Ajax, then moved to Premier League and did great there as well?
LvG and Koeman had good careers as managers, but did they ever look that good in the PL?

Frank de Boer won 4 league titles with Ajax, tried his luck in Premier League with Crystal Palace, was kicked out after only 4 games. Have done nothing of note since.
Maybe i am mostly traumatized after LvGs most depressing time here with us, but feeling is that their philosophy and way of coaching doesn`t translate well to the PL for whatever reason.

Please let the German national team go to shit so Nagelsmann becomes available.

The two managers I would want are Nagelsmann or Inzaghi. Both are proven enough, and have the right character for this club. They both still seem to be on an upwards trajectory at this point of their careers.

Amorim is the only hipster manager I would want. Mainly because I think his character/personality and playstyle will translate to the premier league.

Please let the German national team go to shit so Nagelsmann becomes available.
Very unlikely. He now is a year in the job and has massively improved results, style of play and also the pool of potential players. Lots of first choice players were inavailable now and the team just kept on playing as if they all were playing together in this way for years.

All that looks very stable now and not like it will go to shit.

Very unlikely. He now is a year in the job and has massively improved results, style of play and also the pool of potential players. Lots of first choice players were inavailable now and the team just kept on playing as if they all were playing together in this way for years.

All that looks very stable now and not like it will go to shit.
I have Germany as my early favorites for the 26 World Cup. I wish we could have Nagelsmann here.