Life after ETH — the next United manager

If we sack ten Hag who would you want as manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

Votes: 18 1.8%
  • Rúben Amorim

Votes: 105 10.5%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 17 1.7%
  • Roberto de Zerbi

Votes: 14 1.4%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 46 4.6%
  • Sebastian Hoeneß

Votes: 42 4.2%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 54 5.4%
  • Andoni Iraola

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 172 17.1%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Marco Silva

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 128 12.8%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 173 17.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 27 2.7%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 64 6.4%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 51 5.1%
  • Fabian Hürzeler

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I feel like we've tried every type of manager, I'm not even sure where to go from here.

I'd say Xavi but I'm not even that enthusiastic about him

Seen on twitter a few days ago that Allegri was been lined up till the summer.

I've given up at this stage. Been a shit show since Ferguson left.

Can we convince one of Nagelsmann or Alonso?

If not them then get Amorim i guess. Or Sebastien Hoeness maybe?

McKenna. Should have done it in the summer

Why McKenna? I just don’t get it talk about a massive risk, He’ll be back in the Championship next season

Nowhere near ready for this job it’s bizarre how often he’s mentioned

Surely there's a manager of requisite quality to atleast make us respectable again, doesn't have to be anything groundbreaking. The issues with Tuchel wanting control over transfers are well documented so that one is off the table, but surely Xavi or even Potter would be suitable options. Neither of them really have the currency in management to argue for more control within the current structure

I think Nagelsmann would be an utter disaster. Hugely overrated in my opinion.
Agree, but the many calls for McKenna must reflect the British blind spot on here. There are many promising managers in other leagues, especially Germany - and if we were to hire one from PL Maresca and Frank should be front runners.

Surely there's a manager of requisite quality to atleast make us respectable again, doesn't have to be anything groundbreaking. The issues with Tuchel wanting control over transfers are well documented so that one is off the table, but surely Xavi or even Potter would be suitable options. Neither of them really have the currency in management to argue for more control within the current structure
I keep seeing this but from what I've read it's the complete opposite, he didn't want to be involved to that degree at Chelsea and just wanted to coach the team.

Had anyone asked chatgpt who the next manager should be? I don't think Southgate is the right man but I'm sure the pundits would love it, would definitely buy him time and night get the dressing room to buy in.

Surely in their review INEOS must have indetified a manager to go after in case we have to sack ETH?

Interim aside can we stay away from Dutch managers please? Their ego and arrogance is not conducive to building a team when they can’t see their own flaws

It will probably get harder and harder to get a manager for United. After all, everyone can see how things have gone for their predecessors. It is almost a certain death knell to become manager of United.

So here are the managers that we will be able to get hold of:

- Ruud: He is already at the club and a United legend, but also part of the miserable start to the season. So I hope not.

- Solskjær: He himself has opened up the possibility by saying that he will always be interested in United. But I'm skeptical since he lost the locker room last time (at least as I see it).

- Thomas Frank: He has done miracles with Brentford on a small budget. But he has never been a manager at a big club. He will surely be ready for something bigger than Brentford.

- Zidane: He is available and perhaps a sensible choice, but the question is whether he even wants United.

Interim aside can we stay away from Dutch managers please? Their ego and arrogance is not conducive to building a team when they can’t see their own flaws

Outside of Spain, where the pace of play is to their liking, they rarely succeed elsewhere. Always overhyped and always causing havoc wherever they go. United bought in to the bs and bullshit that comes with them, and its cost us 3 seasons. Outside of Ole, all our managers have been too arrogant and stubborn to manage a club of this size. Personality is far more important than people seem to think for our type of club.

It will probably get harder and harder to get a manager for United. After all, everyone can see how things have gone for their predecessors. It is almost a certain death knell to become manager of United.

- Ruud: He is already at the club and a United legend, but also part of the miserable start to the season. So I hope not.

- Solskjær: He himself has opened up the possibility by saying that he will always be interested in United. But I'm skeptical since he lost the locker room last time (at least as I see it).

- Thomas Frank: He has done miracles with Brentford on a small budget. But he has never been a manager at a big club. He will surely be ready for something bigger than Brentford.

- Zidane: He is available and perhaps a sensible choice, but the question is whether he even wants United.

Would it be insane to approach Villa for Emery? I know they are in the CL this season but long term surely United is by far a bigger job. Our squad is decent a good manager could finish top 4 with this team.

I think the club is finally on the right track with the new owners, the plans for the stadium and a squad that is much better than its place in the PL it’s surely an attractive job we can do better than Ole and Frank

You’ve missed out ‘Nice’ Gareth. He’s very available and I’ve a nasty feeling Jim ‘ll Fix It will go for him. There was a great deal of speculation in the summer about him until he wouldn’t come until after the Euros.

Just persuade Tuchel in. Get these players committed to some proper tactics.

It's so simple to improve.

Maybe INEOS can convince him. Zidane turning around Manutd would be blockbuster news.
Already turned us down when Ole got sacked and we ended up with Rangnick. He's waiting it out for the France job.

Even if he did decide to come back to club management, certainly he's not going to waste his profile trying to rebuild a midtable team when he could get a team that's actually ready to compete for top honours.

Outside of Spain, where the pace of play is to their liking, they rarely succeed elsewhere. Always overhyped and always causing havoc wherever they go. United bought in to the bs and bullshit that comes with them, and its cost us 3 seasons. Outside of Ole, all our managers have been too arrogant and stubborn to manage a club of this size. Personality is far more important than people seem to think for our type of club.
Agreed!

Already turned us down when Ole got sacked and we ended up with Rangnick. He's waiting it out for the France job.

Even if he did decide to come back to club management, certainly he's not going to waste his profile trying to rebuild a midtable team when he could get a team that's actually ready to compete for top honours.
No, the problem for Zidane is the language. He speaks English at a basic level but his style of management requires close communication with the players at a daily basis..