Life after ETH — the next United manager

If we sack ten Hag who would you want as manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

Votes: 18 1.8%
  • Rúben Amorim

Votes: 105 10.5%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 17 1.7%
  • Roberto de Zerbi

Votes: 14 1.4%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 46 4.6%
  • Sebastian Hoeneß

Votes: 42 4.2%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 54 5.4%
  • Andoni Iraola

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 172 17.1%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Marco Silva

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 129 12.8%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 173 17.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 27 2.7%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 64 6.4%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 51 5.1%
  • Fabian Hürzeler

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yes:

Nagelsmann
Tuchel
Amorim
Jose (shits and giggles)

Interim:

RvN
Ole

No:

Potter
Frank (Lampard or Thomas)
de Zerbi
Allegri
Rodgers

Absolutely f*#king not:

Southgate

Ok, so not 3 years…but how long would be the target for a United manager to win the PL.

I’m not sure what data we have that can give us an answer.

EtH is in his 3 year so his position needs evaluating at the end of the season no matter what happens between now and May.

With Berrada aiming for a PL win by 2028? (I’ve not read the full article) but that is 4 more seasons/attempts.

1 more for EtH
3 for the next manager

Looks about fair to me.

He’s not making a full year. I don’t think there aim was 2 years Champions League. Which we 100 percent will not be making with him in charge for the season.

Given Bayern and Chelsea seem to be doing just fine with Championship-level managers, I don't think we need to set a particularly high bar for whoever the next person is frankly. Seems pretty clear that the other backroom staff have become and will continue to become more important to the success of clubs than actual managers. Probably better off just getting somebody who just does what he's asked.

Given Bayern and Chelsea seem to be doing just fine with Championship-level managers, I don't think we need to set a particularly high bar for whoever the next person is frankly. Seems pretty clear that the other backroom staff have become and will continue to become more important to the success of clubs than actual managers. Probably better off just getting somebody who just does what he's asked.

yeah people are too hung up on “big names” or else they’ll keep hanging onto ETH.

truth is plenty of mangers who can do a decent job and very easily cement us in the top four. We don’t really need a master tactician who can outclass Pep.

It’s imperative to become a stable side that finishes top four at least the next 2-3 seasons.

Yes:

Nagelsmann
Tuchel
Amorim
Jose (shits and giggles)

Interim:

RvN
Ole

No:

Potter
Frank (Lampard or Thomas)
de Zerbi
Allegri
Rodgers

Absolutely f*#king not:

Southgate
giphy.gif

Finishing second behind Bayern was hardly a disaster. I think Dortmund had unrealistic expectations. They haven’t gone any higher since.

Nice use of words but they literally lost on goal difference the season after. He’s finish behind Bayern was as successful as Ole’s 2nd finish behind City.

As far as I’m concerned he failed and the manager after him brought the team to greater heights.

I’ve always liked him as a manager but let’s try make sure we look for the best we can get or a calculated risk. At 48 I’m not sure if he’s mentally ready for this job after failing at Dortmund, his tactics didn’t go down well there, he couldn’t implement a style although he did have big injures.

Sound familiar though.

Nice use of words but they literally lost on goal difference the season after. He’s finish behind Bayern was as successful as Ole’s 2nd finish behind City.

As far as I’m concerned he failed and the manager after him brought the team to greater heights
The year after they increased their points total by 2 points a small improvement( basically 1 result). Bayern, clearly on the decline, totalled 6 points less than the year before. I thought Rose was unfortunate to lose his job at the time.
His record at Leipzip suggests he’s an excellent manager. I’d definitely have him ahead of a lot of the names linked with Utd at the moment.

In my opinion we should get a manager

a- whose style would fit to the players we've got
b- who ideally understand the EPL, its tempo and its physicality.
c- whose best years are ahead of him

Honestly I can't think past Unai Emery. He utilize a sort of 4-2-3-1 system, he's been successful at Villa and he also understand the pressure of managing a top English side
Emery would be ok.

MU is a challenging job with expectations that are higher than the quality of the squad. No manager will instantly turn us into title challengers, but Emery is a proven PL manager.

Emery would be ok.

MU is a challenging job with expectations that are higher than the quality of the squad. No manager will instantly turn us into title challengers, but Emery is a proven PL manager.

Emery is a great manager, but would he leave Villa right now? Can’t see it. The next manager has a big job on his hands. Ten Hag has signed a lot of poor players on big contracts. A proven premier league manager who can motivate and get the best out of average players is probably the smart approach

A bad feeling but if I was a betting man.....it's going to be Southgate!!!!

Yes, he has always been highly rated and has been labled a master tactition so im not sure why he would be on anyones no list

If he was an ever labeled a master tactician it would have been briefly and a long time ago. He has been a good manager in the past, and that’s about as far as it goes.

McKenna.

Will be someone who can understand the job and the club.

Has shown with Ipswich that he can play attacking football and doesn't require the best part of a billion to be blown to do it.

Let him steady the ship on a two year contract and then aim for someone better if the expectations then increase.

In the interim it’ll be RVN ….he’ll have full support

Emery is a great manager, but would he leave Villa right now? Can’t see it. The next manager has a big job on his hands. Ten Hag has signed a lot of poor players on big contracts. A proven premier league manager who can motivate and get the best out of average players is probably the smart approach

Of course he would. Nobody is going to stay at Aston Villa when the opportunity to manage United arises.

It's fan's thinking like that which is why we have so many accepting mediocrity these days. We are still the biggest club around and need to start acting like it again

Of course he would. Nobody is going to stay at Aston Villa when the opportunity to manage United arises.

It's fan's thinking like that which is why we have so many accepting mediocrity these days. We are still the biggest club around and need to start acting like it again
That kind of attitude is hilarious to me. Whats funny is that AV will finish above us this season aswel so "Big club" matters not.