Life after ETH — the next United manager

If we sack ten Hag who would you want as manager?

• Massimiliano Allegri

Votes: 18 1.8%
  • Rúben Amorim

Votes: 105 10.5%
  • Michael Carrick

Votes: 17 1.7%
  • Roberto de Zerbi

Votes: 14 1.4%
  • Thomas Frank

Votes: 46 4.6%
  • Sebastian Hoeneß

Votes: 42 4.2%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 7 0.7%
  • Simone Inzaghi

Votes: 54 5.4%
  • Andoni Iraola

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Thiago Motta

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • Julian Nagelsmann

Votes: 172 17.1%
  • Graham Potter

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • Ruud van Nistelrooy

Votes: 21 2.1%
  • Marco Silva

Votes: 10 1.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 129 12.8%
  • Xabi Alonso

Votes: 173 17.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 27 2.7%
  • Kieran McKenna

Votes: 64 6.4%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 51 5.1%
  • Fabian Hürzeler

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Just give it to Ruud until the end of the season, it can't get any worse.

I’d go RVN as Interim then possibly McKenna he’s done wonders with Ipswich.

If they bring Southgate in I’ll give up on football

How long does the new manager bounce typically last for us? 3-6 months?

If we sack the manager twice a season we could bounce along nicely.

Hi Ruud, welcome! Hope we can salvage something this season.

Of course he would. Nobody is going to stay at Aston Villa when the opportunity to manage United arises.

It's fan's thinking like that which is why we have so many accepting mediocrity these days. We are still the biggest club around and need to start acting like it again
[/QUOTE]

This job is a massive task for any manager. Right now Villa have a better starting XI than us. So why would jump he would need another massive rebuild. Could you imagine our defenders trying to play Emerys high line be a fecking car crash. He already has got a team in the champions league with good owners and a sporting director he has worked with. We need a manager who is looking to prove himself make the step up who hopefully comes good and takes the opportunity. Not accepting mediocrity , just a realist. Its going to take a long time to turn this around. I doubt Emery would take the risk when he has a good thing going at villa

Last edited:
Thread should be titled life after Eth, Bruno and Rashford. All three need to go tbh.

Should have gone in the summer. Biggest fear is that he's let to continue until the season is gone once again!

We all have our pics to replace ETH, but I have a weird feeling that this super team of execs that have control will make a horrible decision in replacing ETH.

Why you gotta be so Ruud?
Don’t you know Erik is human too?
He’s gonna win us the treble, heh.

We all have our pics to replace ETH, but I have a weird feeling that this super team of execs that have control will make a horrible decision in replacing ETH.
So far they made a weird decision to stick with him. But I don’t think they’re incompetent enough to keep him for much longer

I think Ruud is between a rock and a hard place.

If he's interim he probably won't be able to get the job on a full time basis but if we bring in a new head coach, Ruud will most likely be out of a job.

Why is there even talk of an Interim when Tuchel is currently out of a Job??
Whatever happened last summer to cause him to reject us, we need to iron it out and bring him ASAP. There is still a Europa league to win ffs! We can't afford to let ETH ruin that one too.

It could. Ruud just isnt a very good manager yet. PSV became a lot better when they put a real manager in charge. Ruud didnt even want the PSV job when he got it because he felt he wasnt ready, a few years later he isnt ready for a club like Manchester United.

Can’t believe we’re having to do this again. Really did think ten hag was the man but it never really lasts for us does it?

Feels like we’re in purgatory.

About 45 minutes usually.

Didn't even last that long with Rangnick unfortunately.

We do need to get a move on with a replacement though, today is as crushing a defeat as they get even without the ridiculous red.

How long does the new manager bounce typically last for us? 3-6 months?

If we sack the manager twice a season we could bounce along nicely.
6 games - it’s even scientifically proven that the new manager effect usually takes 6 games. Ole springs to mind, new palace manager the same, so many times it’s happened with big sam in relegation fodder sides too.

6 games - it’s even scientifically proven that the new manager effect usually takes 6 games. Ole springs to mind, new palace manager the same, so many times it’s happened with big sam in relegation fodder sides too.
That’s settled. Who are we to argue with science.

Put Ruud in charge on Thursday. Then someone else takes over for the Chelsea game in November. And rotate again for Everton on December 1.

As good a plan as any. Could even get past managers to do these short stints. 6 games each for Jose and LVG to redeem themselves.

I’d go RVN as Interim then possibly McKenna he’s done wonders with Ipswich.

If they bring Southgate in I’ll give up on football

Hi Ruud, welcome! Hope we can salvage something this season.

I like Ruud but no way would I give it to him. He's got zero experience. The job is too big for him even on an interim basis.

You'd have to seriously ask questions about Ineos if ETH isn't sacked today. There's patience and then there's stupidity. His way of setting up the team is shambolic.

van Nistelrooy, Solskjaer, McKenna, Tuchel, Frank, Potter, Amorim, Nagelsmann

Names I'd be happy with either on an interim or permanent basis, if ETH gets the sack.

(Would've listed De Zerbi too but he's been collecting rapists and domestic abusers at Marseille as if it was like a hobby to him.)

Tuchel or Nagelsmann
Nagelsmann has a contract for the next World Cup. He’s not available. At least not unless you pay the DFB an extraordinary fee for him.
Tuchel would fall out with your management within five minutes and get sacked ten minutes later.

Do we give it to Ruud for the rest of the season and wait until next summer for someone like Xabi Alonso to be available or do we go for someone who is available right now like Potter?