Life after ETH — the next United manager

Where did I ever say anything about ten Hag? I've been ten Hag out for over a year! ten Hag being incompetent doesn't suddenly mean Ole wasn't also incompetent. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Both were/are shit, and neither were/are good enough for United.

As for the Ole ball being enthralling - I don't agree with this. We had some great periods but it was obvious we didn't have a proper robust plan, and it never felt sustainable. Which it wasn't.
Sorry - didn't mean to imply you'd mentioned Ten Hag, just asking a couple of questions, but main point being that ETH has made Ole look better than he was - I obviously don't think he was bad, because I remember the excitement coming back, which we hadn't had for ages. When it went wrong, it went very wrong, but was still overall better than anything else - Jose was better trophy wise, and LVG won a trophy, but the games were generally dire. As were Ole's at the end, but at least we had some Fergie type time.

When I first saw the title I thought Ten Hag had already been sacked. It seems ridiculous to discuss a hypothetical future without him. Why not focus on Life with ETH and what lies ahead with him at the helm.

Interesting to see Graham Potter in the news today about being ready to come back to football.

Could see him being considered as a guy to build from or even stay if he does well. Think some of the Ineos group like him but probably not a first choice for others. Probably best to go for a German/Spanish/Italian?

When I first saw the title I thought Ten Hag had already been sacked. It seems ridiculous to discuss a hypothetical future without him. Why not focus on Life with ETH and what lies ahead with him at the helm.
Because in a few weeks, hopefully days, he’ll be gone. Fans giving him a virtual reach around isn’t going to make him good enough all of a sudden.

Because in a few weeks, hopefully days, he’ll be gone. Fans giving him a virtual reach around isn’t going to make him good enough all of a sudden.
we can keep reacting after every draw but I dont believe Ten Hag will be gone in a matter of weeks or days. The team is playing well, creating chances and the goals will come sooner or later. Theres a reason the football minds at INEOS extended his stay and rightly so.

It's a thing because whether you like it or not, ETH has made Ole look good - are you saying that we haven't been battered under Ten Hag? At the time Ole was sacked, it seemed like the right thing, and maybe it was - but we had some great times under him and there was a bit of a spark amongst the supporters that we hadn't had since Fergie's last season. Ole's biggest mistake, or one of them, might have been not subbing DDG in the UEFA final - we came so close to winning that, and if we had, Ole's tenure would be viewed differently. As it is, his record is only bettered by Jose, but what Ole can claim is that he is the only manager since Fergie who gave us a bit of belief and many of his games were a bloody sight more entertaining than anything served up by any United boss in the past twelve years.

Is Ole the right man to bring the glory days back to Utd?

If the answer’s no then why on earth are we even talking about him?

If the answer’s yes then I’d recommend looking up that well known definition of insanity.

we can keep reacting after every draw but I dont believe Ten Hag will be gone in a matter of weeks or days. The team is playing well, creating chances and the goals will come sooner or later. Theres a reason the football minds at INEOS extended his stay and rightly so.
We really are not. Even the xG suggests that we are currently 6h in the table. After 3 years and 600 million spend we are still struggling to create chances. That's been a problem since his first season in charge and this problem still hasn't been rectified.

ETH has been grinding out results based on his defensive solidity and individual play: i.e. Rashford and Bruno's form. When those 2 declined last year and our defensive stability crumbled, you could clearly see that we were playing like a bottom half team despite outspending everyone in the market bar City. I always want my manager to play proactive football. I'd rather have our games finish 3-2, 4-3, 4-4 rather than grinding out 1-0 wins. And for me ETH clearly ain't the one to do that.

Is Ole the right man to bring the glory days back to Utd?

If the answer’s no then why on earth are we even talking about him?

If the answer’s yes then I’d recommend looking up that well known definition of insanity.
How can you tell when someone is joking or being sarcastic in a discussion? No one in their right mind would seriously think Ole could return to United as the first team manager.

How can you tell when someone is joking or being sarcastic in a discussion? No one in their right mind would seriously think Ole could return to United as the first team manager.

Have you seen the posters on these pages!? Sadly they’re not all sarcastic.

And McKenna. No idea if he’ll show positives but (like players), we can’t just look at the proven options, we might have to/want to take the risk on the next new thing. I don’t think Ipswich’s league position in isolation will be the determining factor

Could be another United linked option who does diddly, could show attributes which (with a better squad/board), show promise

Interesting to see Graham Potter in the news today about being ready to come back to football.

Could see him being considered as a guy to build from or even stay if he does well. Think some of the Ineos group like him but probably not a first choice for others. Probably best to go for a German/Spanish/Italian?
He’s right up there with Southgate in terms of my least desired manager. He spoke like an absolute goon at Chelsea

As part of a team potter would make a good coach, that's where he excels, not solely as a manager, with the clubs structure do we actually need a full manager, or just someone to train and pick the team