Life after ETH — the next United manager

Absolute shambles of in game management. Can’t blame him for chances missed in first half, but surely can blame him for incredibly bad substitutions, keeping the badly performing players while subbing off the better playing ones, zero urgency. Just sad

I can't stand this manager, I hope Naglesman is sounded out at the very least, I'd even roll the dice with Amorim.

It doesn't matter what players are available irrespective of quality the team is inconsistent with Erik at the helm.

He's not at the level to bring United forward.

Whoever the next manager may be, will inherit a pretty good squad to work off now. The bench looked fairly good today and only missing Shaw, Malacia and Yoro to bring it to full complement.

:lol: To be fair I am not trying to give off the impression of being in any way serious about this anymore, I just hate the idea of him being here and even more so the fact that I'm resigned to him being pretty much untouchable for the next few months. Hope this despair ends sooner rather than later and INEOS put us out of misery.
Props. Your disgust is cloaked in sarcasm, the clever, healthier way of dealing with it. I’m just angry haha.

Yeah we wouldn't want a manager that easily outsmarted Ten Hag again with a couple of half time changes.
Getting dominated is outsmarting the other manager? Ten Hag can’t score the goals for them.
Whoever the next manager may be, will inherit a pretty good squad to work off now. The bench looked fairly good today and only missing Shaw, Malacia and Yoro to bring it to full complement.
We should have a good squad regardless of the manager.

Getting dominated is outsmarting the other manager? Ten Hag can’t score the goals for them.

A decent half (by Ten Hag's low standards) before a couple of changes locked us up and Ten Hag was totally clueless in what to do. 'Dominated'

A decent half (by Ten Hag's low standards) before a couple of changes locked us up and Ten Hag was totally clueless in what to do. 'Dominated'
Clueless as ever. How many shots did Palace have in first half? We had them bending over, tied up and gagged.

He fecked us over last year when they picked us off and made us look naive.

This time he was Ten Hag’s little bitch. The squad we put out was much better.
Mmm little bitch? Really? Yes the first 35 minutes we played well and should have scored, but they had a big chance before half time. Glassner made some changes at half time and second half Crystal Palace wasn’t Ten Hag’s little bitch at all. Total nonsense you’re writing again, football is not only the 35 minutes we play well in a game.

“Little bitch” yet he still got a point and for all our good chances in first half, it was Onana who had to pull more difficult saves to keep us in game.

I guess you’re really wumming here because I refuse to believe anyone can think ETH schooled Glasner yesterday, it was one of the most obvious examples of terrible in game management and bad subs. He’s as good as gone

October 7th is the next international break.

Chances he's gone by then are looking strong if we don't win the next two games, but then again nothing sticks to Ten Hag, there's an excuse at every turn.

I get the feeling the next manager, or first team head coach to be more accurate, is going to be a name that will be divisive among the fanbase when we appoint them.

There will be some people who say it’s an uninspiring pick and they don’t have the accolades to warrant such a role and there will be some others who can see why that person was hired based on their style of play.

I believe we’re entering an era where the manager being the alpha and the omega of a football team (especially in our case) is just a cog in a big wheel that is the football club. The potential inexperience of that new head coach will be offset by having that ‘best in class’ board in place which involves Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox, Vivell etc.

And I don’t believe INEOS are too enamoured by ETH. I think he’s only here by default as they decide who they want to be their guy.

Mmm little bitch? Really? Yes the first 35 minutes we played well and should have scored, but they had a big chance before half time. Glassner made some changes at half time and second half Crystal Palace wasn’t Ten Hag’s little bitch at all. Total nonsense you’re writing again, football is not only the 35 minutes we play well in a game.
We were still the better side in the second half, despite Palace stepping up.

Besides, the way we dominated them in the first half it should have been game over.

Besides, the way we dominated them in the first half it should have been game over.
But it wasn’t, as it is often in football. Really strange to call someone your little bitch when you don’t beat him with a better squad then them.

“should have” - I’d rather focus on facts. Ten Hag has one point vs Glasner in their two league games despite being here longer, having more resources and a better squad. “Unlucky” doesn’t really mean anything

“should have” - I’d rather focus on facts. Ten Hag has one point vs Glasner in their two league games despite being here longer, having more resources and a better squad. “Unlucky” doesn’t really mean anything
Unlucky means nothing when the word is thrown out almost every time we drop points. Luck was brought up almost every week during last season.

You'd think eventually people would cotton on to it being something other than bad luck as to why we consistently struggle to beat any half decent team.

Pretty sure RVN will get it on an interim basis to start and then it’s down to him?

Ok y’all are right. It’s not luck, it’s terrible tactics and our manager is the reason. I’ve been an idiot for not seeing it.

I'm sure there's a different thread for our Dutch posters to get snarky and protective over Ten Hag.

I don't see the point of this thread, posters can critizise EtH in his thread here, I thought this thread was for discussion based on the assumption that EtH is gone.

He is not getting the sack anytime soon unless we get badly beaten by spurs or Villa.

I am not too concerned with eth getting the sack but I don't want potter or Southgate. I have a bad feeling the hierarchy rate those two very high.

He is not getting the sack anytime soon unless we get badly beaten by spurs or Villa.

I am not too concerned with eth getting the sack but I don't want potter or Southgate. I have a bad feeling the hierarchy rate those two very high.

We won't go for Southgate, that much has been confirmed. He was never under consideration. Potter is linked with Everton right now and I also don't think we'd go for him.

I wouldn't worry about either. But Ten Hag isn't getting sacked no matter how bad we do until at least the new year. If they sack him now they look like fools.

We won't go for Southgate, that much has been confirmed. He was never under consideration. Potter is linked with Everton right now and I also don't think we'd go for him.

I wouldn't worry about either. But Ten Hag isn't getting sacked no matter how bad we do until at least the new year. If they sack him now they look like fools.
I hope you are right about Potter and Southgate.

The only way eth is getting the sack is if we start losing badly like with Ole or he loses the dressing room like Jose, he is here to stay till Nov or December for sure.

I hope you are right about Potter and Southgate.

The only way eth is getting the sack is if we start losing badly like with Ole or he loses the dressing room like Jose, he is here to stay till Nov or December for sure.

Yep, and no matter how poor he may be, I can't see us ever being that bad again either given the level of investment and the squad we have. He's pretty set here, even if he never wins anything major he'll probably even be around for a long time. INEOS have backed their horse and they'll probably fall into a "next year is our year" type of thinking as long as we're not losing every week. The supporters will just have to enjoy what we get now, but this is what the supporters wanted anyway so I'm sure they're loving it.

I think we’ll hire someone relatively young. It seems to be the way now. Younger coaches seem to be more willing to work in structures akin to the one we’ve created the past few months. Established coaches like Tuchel and Ancelotti bring a risk of resistance to that if they came in.

Early days yet but if Kompany ends up being good for Bayern after getting relegated with Burnley, then I think fans shouldn’t be necessarily hung up on needing an established big name coach. It will show that as long as your backroom is strong and organised, a lot of coaches have a much better chance of succeeding than they did if it was some horseshit setup we’ve had the last decade where it’s dictated by a money centric family and an accountant who fancies himself to be Florentino Perez.

Am ok with anyone coming in who's not a little bitch like Hag.
Yep. I’d get anyone with some bollocks as a caretaker for now, to tick things over until a permanent position can be filled

Sick to death of his “at least we didn’t lose” mentality. Going absolutely nowhere with that little bitch.

We had the better chances but come on, we didn’t even win the game… are we really in a position where we have to brag about having better chances against a Palace team that haven’t won a game all season and are still settling having lost two crucial players last Summer, in a game we did not even win.

Last edited:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

After a 0-0 with Palace.
This is just getting sad now.

It’s the type of thing we used to laugh & mock Liverpool fans for back in the day.

We dominated the first half. Glasner then made changes at half time which improved his team’s second half performance. Ten Hag then responded with changes that made his team’s second half performance worse. Glasner would have been the happier of the two managers by the end. Did you not watch the game or something?

I think by Dec if there was still no drastic improvement, Ineos team need to act decisively. No point wasting any more time with ETH.