Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

Unlucky but he should be back by October end. He is still super young so I had some reservations about throwing him straight into the XI alongside Martinez. I always thought we needed de Ligt on top of signing Yoro, so I hope club finalizes that transfer quick

Hojlund one is annoying because full pre-season and one year of settling in, he could've done with a fresh start. Well, I hope Zirkzee uses this chance well.
At the very least having Zirkzee should mean we don't have to rush Højlund back. I think part of the reason he struggled last season was because he was never really fully fit, but we needed him to play.

To play devils advocate, didn’t we get that head physio from Arsenal at the start of last year which resulted in an injury strewn year, meanwhile arsenals injury issues seemed comparatively better than usual.

He’s a mole. I’m telling ya.
Tbf Jurrien Timber did his ACL in their first game last year and missed basically the rest of the season.

The Club Physically and mentally breaks SUPPORTERS .Not just injuries, players form collapses , very small % of players signed since 2013 have made a good go of it or were able to bring their form to the club.

It’s not so much tin foil hat as it is objectively looking at the fact that so many players careers fail or decline at United for multiple reasons. There’s a lot of factors that would make that so, but it’s fair to say that most players joining United since SAF left; have had a horrid time at the club from a footballing perspective.
Amended for accuracy.

More injuries, maybe time for a rethink on what bootwear players should use, so as to protect the foot as much as possible

3 months? Was 3 weeks at one point yesterday. Doubt we’ll see him by 2027.

Same thing happened to Mainoo in last years preseason , its written in the stars :)

This has really really pissed me off to be honest. The players we sign are either shit, or the ones that look good just get injured all of the time. It keeps happening year after year after year.

To play devils advocate, didn’t we get that head physio from Arsenal at the start of last year which resulted in an injury strewn year, meanwhile arsenals injury issues seemed comparatively better than usual.

We got him in but at a time when he couldn’t do much in terms of changes, he is now tasked with spearheading change in the whole dept as far as I’m aware, he will work out good in the end I think.

Probably because the club has been run so poorly.

A lot of good players could never do it at United. The pressure is a big jump compared to a lot of clubs, even our PL rivals. That was the same with SAF and it will probably always be something that happens. Nothing the club can really do about that, some people sink and some people swim
Yes, exactly the club has been run so poorly. But there’s plenty that can be done about it , it’s not just that players weren’t up to the challange , the club was incapable of creating the right environment for success which included signing the wrong kind of players.

It’s not some conspiracy, it’s just a fact that United have done so many things wrong on so many levels , it’s contributed to failure of most of our signings.

This has really really pissed me off to be honest. The players we sign are either shit, or the ones that look good just get injured all of the time. It keeps happening year after year after year.
Yeah

Then it gets suggested we'll have to buy more players in those positions to cover. Kind of think "what's the point, they will only get injured as well"

I'd rather keep the targets we already have. Don't want them missing out on a DM which we desperately need just because Hojlund gets injured every other game and we have to keep signing players to cover him.

Yes, exactly the club has been run so poorly. But there’s plenty that can be done about it , it’s not just that players weren’t up to the challange , the club was incapable of creating the right environment for success which included signing the wrong kind of players.

It’s not some conspiracy, it’s just a fact that United have done so many things wrong on so many levels , it’s contributed to failure of most of our signings.
Woodward's Disney land.

Wrong kind of players, but more often the wrong kind of motivation. Normally money.

Things will change, but it'll take time to completely shed that skin

Awful news, so looking forward to seeing the lad play.

It's bizarre - he's had a really good injury record up to now right? yet he joins us and gets injured within 2 games - you can't make it up.

Oh...Driscoll is responsible for more injuries then Vinnie Jones in his prime.

Now to pray he isn't just Phil Jones's replacement. Extremely disappointing but this is something I've gotten used to by now.

Young players are much more prone to injuries , its more uncommon that they dont have any in their early years

How the hell did he break metatarsal? There seemed to have been no impact injury and I don't think it is the kind of injury caused by artificial pitch, so hardly the fault of where we played

Something bizarre

Can we get a refund? Fecking joke that we blew most of our budget on this kid. Another terrible season awaits.

How the hell did he break metatarsal? There seemed to have been no impact injury and I don't think it is the kind of injury caused by artificial pitch, so hardly the fault of where we played

Something bizarre
Martinez did the same just running against Sevilla.

Head of Medical Services. More senior role than chief physio. If you're really clutching at straws you could convince yourself that he left Arsenal after a lengthy overhaul of their medical processes, resulting in a much improved injury record, and has only just started overhauling ours.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Can we get a refund? Fecking joke that we blew most of our budget on this kid. Another terrible season awaits.
I'm as disappointed as anyone with this but it's clearly bad luck. The second sentence is just hysterical.

It's bizarre - he's had a really good injury record up to now right? yet he joins us and gets injured within 2 games - you can't make it up.

He’s only 18, he hasn’t even had time to build up a good injury record. Metatarsal is a bit of a freak injury, we can blame the club/ETH/whoever for muscle injuries and overworking and overtraining players, but this one is just bad luck. The club genuinely feels cursed with this.

Something bizarre
I thought it looked like he got stood on just before he went off but hard to tell.

The pitch wasn't artificial.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with this but it's clearly bad luck. The second sentence is just hysterical.
I always get called negative and hysterical but then the club proves me right. I was getting a tiny bit excited until this happened.

I always get called negative and hysterical but then the club proves me right. I was getting a tiny bit excited until this happened.
It's no way to be on such a regular basis. Must be so draining.